Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mojo1

join:2006-12-05
Atlanta, GA
reply to criggs

Re: February 2011 Sprint 4G WiMax speeds

But, this is verified through the phone as well - no computer in the mix. When it does connect to 4G, I cannot access the web on the phone itself. Drop down to 3G and phone and computers access the internet fine. I'm streaming Pandora over 4G even as we speak.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

Understood.

Triptrailz

@clearwire-wmx.net

WOOT. So finished moving. I'm a little sore. But i'm extremely happy about this connection. I was very concerned at first because i was boarderline Lightblue(some indoor-outdoor) and darkblue (also some indoor, but better, and outdoor).

I have the same CINR bars as my old place, and same 3bars. But apparently, i get a fast mbps for both the D/L and the U/L

oh yeah

criggs

New York, NY

Congrats, Triptrailz. I'm sure it's a great relief to you; let's just hope it holds.

Triptrailz

@clearwire-wmx.net
reply to Triptrailz

Hmm, i meant to post the new results

If this continues, i will be a happy camper. I plan on staying online for the next 10 hours so we'll see if this keeps up.

criggs

New York, NY

I'd make it 24, just to make sure.

Triptrailz

@clearwire-wmx.net

Well after an hour, i was disconnected. My sprint smartview program was saying that i was connected but i was unable to access any websites. I could not even disconnect from smartview and i couldnt exit the program either. I had to get out of the program by manually ending the process through task manager. When i tried loading up smartview again, it simply would not load up. I noticed there were some updates for my windows so i updated and it restarted my comp. and now here i am.

great upload speed... anything over 3mbps for dl and i'll be happy.

Is there a more efficent program i can use to access my USB modem besides sprint smartview?

triptrailz

@clearwire-wmx.net

this is what i get when i plug in the usb modem on one of the USB ports on the back on my pc...

this is what i get when i use one of the front USB ports. Interesting how different ports produce different speeds.

triptrailz

@clearwire-wmx.net

OK, the first one said 3.xx mbps D/L .76Up and like 88ping. Not sure why its saying a totally different number.. i wish i could edit my posts :s

mojo1

join:2006-12-05
Atlanta, GA
reply to triptrailz

It's been my experience that 4G is very finicky in placement of the modem. So, moving from the front to the back may have optimized the signal.

I've experimented with many different locations in my place until I can get the best signal and speed. Then, I try to use that same place everytime I need internet.