Search similar:

uniqs

kcir60
Premium Member
join:2007-02-02

kcir60

Premium Member

U-Verse realtime problem.

I have u-verse real time ver. 1.6 installed on one of my desktops. I had a major issue with my anti-virus soft ware and had to do a system restore. Now I am unable to uninstall version 1.6 or install version 1.7. I get an error message telling me that the feature that I am trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable. After the system restore, I had to find the program files for 1.6 and add a shortcut from there to get 1.6 to work. I think maybe it has something to do with a Microsoft file concerning net frame work but I am not sure. Any one else run into this. If anyone has any ideas on how to solve the problem I would be grateful!

SomeJoe7777
join:2010-03-30
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

SomeJoe7777

Manually remove UVRT as follows:

1. Delete C:\Program Files\U-Verse Realtime folder.
2. Delete the program preferences by deleting these folders:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Local Settings\_UVerseRealtime

(you will need to turn on "show hidden files and folders" to see the Local Settings folder)

Windows Vista/7:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\_UVerseRealtime

3. Delete the common application data folder if you had v1.7.0.0 installed:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\U-Verse Realtime

Windows Vista/7:
C:\ProgramData\U-Verse Realtime

4. Remove the entry from the Add/Remove Programs folder by deleting the following registry key:

HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C6E0D768-9A9F-4DCF-A62A-61D8EAB59063}

5. Go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any versions of the .NetFramework that you don't have, including v3.5 and all earlier versions. You do not have to install v4.0.

6. Reboot and install UVRT v1.7.0.0.

kcir60
Premium Member

kcir60

Premium Member

I will give you solution a try later on this afternoon and will post the results. Thank you!
kcir60

1 edit

kcir60 to SomeJoe7777

Premium Member

to SomeJoe7777
The registry entry is not where you said it would be. Completed all other steps but can't find the registry entry. No C6 entry in the whole list. The U-verse real time entry is still in the add\remove programs list. Still won't uninstall. Unless the registry entry is somewhere else I'm sunk.

SomeJoe7777
Houston, TX

SomeJoe7777

Look through all the entries in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall that have a GUID (16-character string enclosed in braces {} ). Inside each one, there is a registry entry called "Display". Find the one where the Display entry says "U-Verse Realtime". When you find it, delete the GUID that contains it and the entry from Add/Remove Programs will be gone.

I think your GUID is going to be different than the one I posted. The one I posted is for v1.7.0.0, but I think you had v1.6.0.0 installed which has a different GUID.

kcir60
Premium Member

kcir60

Premium Member

Nothing in the bracketed entries except letters and numbers. Some are followed by an entry that starts with a K. Do I have to highlight everyone of them to look at it?
kcir60

kcir60 to SomeJoe7777

Premium Member

to SomeJoe7777
Found the registry entry and deleted it. Rebooted, downloaded 1.7 and now I get a new error message that what I am looking for is on a cd rom. U-verse installer says that it still can't uninstall the older version. Must be some trace of it still on the computer but I can't find it. Oh well, no real time on this desktop.
kcir60

kcir60 to SomeJoe7777

Premium Member

to SomeJoe7777
Finally found the entry that was causing the problem. It was from version 1.5. Used the Windows installer clean up tool to find it. Downloaded 1.7 installed it and now it works like it is supposed to. Thanks for all your help and patience it is gratefully appreciated!!!

SomeJoe7777
Houston, TX

SomeJoe7777

Excellent, glad you got it working! I will remember the Windows Installer Cleanup tool if another user experiences this issue.