uniqs
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

1 edit

fartness (banned)

Re: Always something... toilet leaking when showering

Got it snaked. Saw some tree roots in there. Also got a new wax ring on the basement toilet. New problem. The stink pipe which is a couple feet away from the basement toilet now leaks. It doesn't leak like the toilet was leaking, but it leaks a little. In terms of leaking severity, the (now former) toilet leak was a 9 and the new leak is a 3. Ideas?

The stink pipe (I think that's what it's called) also has the cleanout thing on it that I mentioned in a post above. There is also another cleanout on the other side of the basement. Could something have been damaged which is causing it to leak?

The plumber tried the cleanout connected to the stink pipe first and said it was stopping soon. Then he took the toilet off, went through that. Then he went to the other cleanout and that's where the roots were and did that a few times.
Tyreman
join:2002-10-08
Cambridge, ON

Tyreman

If the stink pipe is cast iron? get the ci snappers(cutters that go around ci pipe or carefully sawzall) and cut out the bad ci and replace with plastic and mechanical joint clamps
13583199 (banned)
join:2011-02-13
nowhere

13583199 (banned) to fartness

to fartness
What do you mean the stink pipe "leaks" ?

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

1 recommendation

whizkid3 to fartness

MVM

to fartness
said by fartness:

there is also a circle with a cap (less than a foot tall) that is near the toilet pipe coming from the upstairs...The stink pipe (I think that's what it's called) also has the cleanout thingy on it that I mentioned

Hey fartness, how about posting some photos? Your descriptions are getting hard to follow.

pro7070
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Premium Member
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC

pro7070

Premium Member

said by whizkid3:

said by fartness:

there is also a circle with a cap (less than a foot tall) that is near the toilet pipe coming from the upstairs...The stink pipe (I think that's what it's called) also has the cleanout thingy on it that I mentioned

Hey fartness, how about posting some photos? Your descriptions are getting hard to follow.

Agreed. Is it leaking from the cleanout plug, a joint in the fitting, or a crack in the pipe.?

Sounds like it's still clogged somewhat just coming out in a different place.