All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

MrRude
@verizon.net

MrRude to Tek465

Anon

to Tek465

Re: What are people paying for Frontier Internet?

$94.99 for 3Mbps, unlimited long distance, and 1 extra phone line (?) / special ring. Same problems as many other Frontier customers have with the high ping and slow downs during the evenings and most of the weekend.

I actually crunched all the numbers for Comcast's 6Mbps and unlimited long distance and it still ended up at about the same price after their "promotional" periods end. Currently switching to them, and though most people don't speak very highly of them I doubt they could be worse than current Frontier.

SE Michigan

kmathern
@verizon.net

kmathern

Anon

I'm currently a FIOS triple play customer in Fort Wayne. The original triple play contract I had expired about 1-1/2 years ago. Because of the upcoming price increase for the TV portion I'm thinking of dropping both phone and TV.

Is internet (FIOS) only service available? {any idea how much?}

Does it require a contract?

Who do you call?

There's a phone number in the letter they sent announcing the price increase but it also mentions that DIRECTV offer and I'm afraid they'll try to use high pressure marketing tactics to entangle me another contract. Why can't you make these account changes and drop services online?
Mark F1
join:2007-08-01
Fort Wayne, IN

Mark F1

We have Freedom Essentials, 25/15 internet and FIOS TV Extreme HD and pay about $168.00 a month. I just did the FrontierNet Network Speed Test (via the Chicago server) and got 32059 kbps download and 14129 kbps upload.

I know you can manage your account, and even pay your bill, online. I just checked the Account Overview on Frontier/My Verizon to make sure that hasn't changed.

We are concerned about the upcoming price increase that will hit us later this year, but we don't want to give up any of our favorite channels if we can help it. But, is the Frontier FIOS phone/internet/TV all worth about $200 a month (after the increase)? Our options aren't many.

As for getting Frontier internet by itself, I didn't see it on the Frontier/My Verizon site.
Mark F.

Mannus
Premium Member
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN

Mannus to kmathern

Premium Member

to kmathern
said by kmathern :

I'm currently a FIOS triple play customer in Fort Wayne. The original triple play contract I had expired about 1-1/2 years ago. Because of the upcoming price increase for the TV portion I'm thinking of dropping both phone and TV.

Is internet (FIOS) only service available? {any idea how much?}

Does it require a contract?

Who do you call?

There's a phone number in the letter they sent announcing the price increase but it also mentions that DIRECTV offer and I'm afraid they'll try to use high pressure marketing tactics to entangle me another contract. Why can't you make these account changes and drop services online?

I have FiOS internet only 15/5. I originally signed as Internet/Phone but dropped phone portion as I ported my number to Vonage. I was one of the first subscribers when it came to to town. I pay 50.00/month for my service. I am on MTM also.