Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

OldschoolDSL to gchris2203

Premium Member

to gchris2203

Re: [Rant] Customer Service Guarantee

said by gchris2203:

To compare the need for internet to needing electricity is asinine.

Everyone has choices..if these companies are so bad you know what a smart person does? They speak with their wallets.

Their simply pointing out the truth which is he does have choices he could choose that the headache this entire situation has caused him is not worth it and he could go without internet. Nobody is saying he is wrong to be mad because when you go through problems for so long its only natural to be mad. What is wrong is thinking their are no other alternatives.

Internet is required for work (current job).

Internet is required to even look for new work... Every place here has a job app online, even as low as McDonald's or cleaning bathrooms. You do not get hired without filing online (in my corner of the world).

Internet is required for my phone service.

So living without it... Not a good ideal, practical, or technically possible.
OldschoolDSL

OldschoolDSL to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Generally speaking, Comcast takes care of good customers. Good customers dont sell other people property and good customers pay bills on time.

Bill is paid on time, thank you.

Good companies who steal from their customers, don't run the risk of losing their equipment
OldschoolDSL

OldschoolDSL to beachintech

Premium Member

to beachintech
said by beachintech:

Yeah, no tech ever fixes any problem. ... a blanket statement to make. The good techs and experiences FAR OUTWEIGH the bad....

I've read the things said here online (in other threads).

No doubt the techs who visit this forum, know a thing or two. However the ones in my corner of the world... Suck.
OldschoolDSL

OldschoolDSL to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

I guess you missed the point. You said he has choices for Internet.

Yes, he does. And your examples are tantamount to someone having the "choice" to get electricity or not.

Basically, you can "choose" to accept from the 1 provider, or you can "choose" to do without. So, really, moot. No choices.

The alternatives aren't.

^^ This.

gchris2203
join:2009-10-15
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203 to OldschoolDSL

to OldschoolDSL
said by OldschoolDSL:

said by gchris2203:

Again you could switch to a satellite ISP if your that unhappy..oh wait its ridiculously expensive to install and per month..if your complaining about your price with Comcast I would love to see your face when you heard about those prices.

Comcast doesn't charge you for "outside" problems. When they come to your house and fix things inside your house and you do not have the service protection plan..then yes you do get billed. They may have worked on something outside but they also may have fixed things inside or related to your house. Of course their not just going to refund any and all money pertaining to trouble call charges..if they did it would be pointless to charge it because everyone complains when they get billed for something and would call to have it removed.

Have you actually read the customer service guarantee? and what it covers and in what scenarios you can receive appreciation credits for? Or did you just read that its a guarantee and then you applied that to any and everything? When you have as many subs as Comcast does your bound to have a few troubles every now and then..Reason you hear about Comcast complaints more than others? because of the number of customers that they have.

When it becomes to much to deal with as a subscriber or you do not like how you have been treated you cancel your service and move on to a new provider..sitting there acting as if you have no other choices is incorrect because you do..you have just chosen that for the price and service you get with Comcast it is the best option.

DSL is not serviceable in my area.

Dish is not high speed (arguably), but even they require you to have a phone line for their services. Phone services is not serviceable at my address.

Customer Guarantee includes services, correct? Would be silly not to. If I was out of service 2 - 3 months, I should get a credit, right? Should it take 1 year to get that credit? Funny how I finally get it, after I get billed for the work done outside my home.

Do you work for Comcast?

I do work for Comcast and from what I have seen they usually do credit peoples accounts when their service is out for extended periods of time and it was plant issues. As far as getting charged for the trouble call/calls its usually based off of how the job is coded out from what I have heard at least. Even if the problem was partly because of outside if the tech also had to do inside work and you don't have the SPP than yes you can be subject to charges.

You have to understand where the company is coming from when it comes to refunding parts of a bill. Can you imagine just how many calls CSA's on the phone field about people wanting money credited to their accounts? Just think how much worse it would be if it was an extremely easy process.

Don't take what I am saying as though its ok for your service to have had or still be having issues after this long because it is not. The entire point is this if your service provider isn't getting it done and the local management has not put the proper people in place to take care of it. Then on top of that your phone calls are getting nowhere. Then there is nothing more powerful you can do as a customer than call and say "I want to cancel my service because you have had techs to my house 4 or 5 times and still have not fixed the problem". Trust me it gets peoples attention

Sure its ridiculous that it has to come to that but that is really your options..you either cancel and speak volumes with your actions or you continue to fork over your money and keep the service. If you choose to keep it and want to rant go ahead but it wont get anything done.... just saying.
Expand your moderator at work

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg to gchris2203

Premium Member

to gchris2203

and to Nerd they take care of their customers by providing fast and reliable internet, tons of channels most of which are in HD...

Customers pay a premium for those services. Are you saying Comcast treats their loyal customers well because they often provide what customers pay for?
Expand your moderator at work

gchris2203
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203 to nerdburg

to nerdburg

said by nerdburg:

and to Nerd they take care of their customers by providing fast and reliable internet, tons of channels most of which are in HD...

Customers pay a premium for those services. Are you saying Comcast treats their loyal customers well because they often provide what customers pay for?

So how else is a service provider supposed to treat their customers well? Last time I checked that's what they are is a service provider so if their giving their customers what their paying for than yes their treating them well.

You can call it a "premium" however its right on par with basically any other television or ISP that exists in America. You can look it up yourself the prices are all fairly similar when it comes to similar services.

What do they need to do in order to "treat customers well". Start sending techs out and giving massages in between real jobs?

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

1 recommendation

nerdburg to OldschoolDSL

Premium Member

to OldschoolDSL

So how else is a service provider supposed to treat their customers well? Last time I checked that's what they are is a service provider so if their giving their customers what their paying for than yes their treating them well.

That is the least a company can do. I have a mechanic that I've used for the past 20 years. It's not unusual for him to pick up or drop of my cars or fix minor problems without charging me. That's how a good business treats their loyal customers.

You can call it a "premium" however its right on par with basically any other television or ISP that exists in America. You can look it up yourself the prices are all fairly similar when it comes to similar services.

Right, Comast's prices are on par with other premium services.

What do they need to do in order to "treat customers well". Start sending techs out and giving massages in between real jobs?

Show up on time, train (and pay) their techs well, provide a chat service that isn't staffed by people that suffer from arrested development, train the CSRs better and offer loyal long-term customers a financial incentive. Why do Comcast's most loyal customer's get screwed with the highest prices?

The entire cable business model has long ignored customer service/loyalty because they have oligopolies/monopolies. They only time Comcast has made any efforts to improve is when they are faced with competition like FiOS, and even then it's half-assed.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by nerdburg:

offer loyal long-term customers a financial incentive. Why do Comcast's most loyal customer's get screwed with the highest prices?

You should try the "comcast cares" twitter account. Turns out, they really do care.

gchris2203
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203 to nerdburg

to nerdburg
said by nerdburg:

That is the least a company can do. I have a mechanic that I've used for the past 20 years. It's not unusual for him to pick up or drop of my cars or fix minor problems without charging me. That's how a good business treats their loyal customers.

Right, Comast's prices are on par with other premium services.

Show up on time, train (and pay) their techs well, provide a chat service that isn't staffed by people that suffer from arrested development, train the CSRs better and offer loyal long-term customers a financial incentive. Why do Comcast's most loyal customer's get screwed with the highest prices?

The entire cable business model has long ignored customer service/loyalty because they have oligopolies/monopolies. They only time Comcast has made any efforts to improve is when they are faced with competition like FiOS, and even then it's half-assed.

Your bringing up flaws that could be said about any and all major service providers. Are their other companies out there either satellite or any of the others that charge their long term customers less? Not that I know of..thats how the industry works cmon you know this. Get people interested with low rates so they can later bring the prices up to where they should be.

Could CSRs be trained better? Idk I don't work in that side of the business and cannot really say how the training or hiring process is. I do know Comcast is not the only company to have poor reviews of their phone support..that seems like a common trend among almost any and all industry's.

It could be done better and things could be improved but its not as easy as simply snapping the fingers and making it happen. I know as a company their making efforts to try and make improvements in all aspects of the customer experience. It doesn't matter how perfect things are though their still would be some customers who have a negative experience.

I have said it before and will say it again..many people have very unrealistic views on what they should be receiving because they pay their bill every month. I do not disagree that it would be nice if their could be some incentives for long term customers. Maybe one day someone that makes those decisions will wake up and see that..or maybe it just doesn't make business sense so they don't worry about it..idk all I do is install and fix things.

I just get tired of people constantly trying to make Comcast seem so evil..their just another company trying to make money its that simple...nothing evil about it.