spc
uniqs

krypttic
@cox.net

krypttic to snakebitten

Anon

to snakebitten

Re: SB6120 Reboots - T4 Timeouts, now MDD Timeouts

Same issues here. Reboots a few times a day. I exchanged my SB6120 to be sure and have the same issues. I have perfect signal levels and firmware version 1.0.3.1.

Any idea when a newer version of the firmware will be pushed and if it will fix this issue?
nmlobo
join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA

nmlobo

One thing you may try, the 6120 remembers favorite channels and its most recent configuration, even after a reboot. Have you tried a reset to default? Firmware will remain unchanged but it will force the modem to 'relearn' its connection parameters. When your modem reboots you may find it has locked onto different channels. This may help.

Welcome6
join:2011-01-09
Chula Vista, CA

Welcome6

@nmlobo
I fully agree with the 'reset to default' option. I recently hooked up an old modem for testing, and it was having some serious problems. Did the 'reset' and 'restart' and it's been working great ever since.

@cork1958
I've had a SB6120 since around Sept 2010. It currently has 1.0.3.1. I haven't had any real problems ... although I did see that the network was down for about 1.5 hours in early November and then in January, but I'm guessing that was for maintenance. Other than that, no real problems.

jsimmons
MVM
join:2000-04-24
Falls Church, VA

jsimmons to nmlobo

MVM

to nmlobo
said by nmlobo:

One thing you may try, the 6120 remembers favorite channels and its most recent configuration, even after a reboot. Have you tried a reset to default? Firmware will remain unchanged but it will force the modem to 'relearn' its connection parameters. When your modem reboots you may find it has locked onto different channels. This may help.

I actually did this back on the 14th and I haven't seen a logged reboot or other logged error since. But it has only been a few days since so no conclusions yet. I can say that I went back to showing 3 bonded channels instead of 2 after the reset to default.