Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

Put the CTU inside a walled garden.

The reason for unauthorized wire taps is so that the incumbent party can snoop on citizens that oppose them or so that law enforcement officials can troll around looking for any activity even if it is not related to terrorism.

Look at the way the Transportation Security Administration is abusing citizens. If you have to much cash in your pocket you are treated like a drug dealer if you have prescription drugs in a bottle other than the one with the pharmacy label on it you are treated like a drug addict. The reason that the politicians want to snoop on American Citizens is to suppress descent so that they can monitor the opposing party. Anything illegal activity discovered by snooping not authorized by a judge should be inadmissible in a court of law.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Mr Matt:

Anything illegal activity discovered by snooping not authorized by a judge should be inadmissible in a court of law.

It is inadmissable in a trial. But not all wiretapping is about getting trial evidence. It is about stopping/preventing illegal & terrorist activity and not prosecuting them afterwards. I don't know about you, but I would prefer the government prevent terrorist actions than just prosecuting them after it happens.

Core0000
Premium
join:2008-05-04
Somerset, KY
Reviews:
·Time Warner VOIP
But if they start labeling all kinds of things "terrorism" wouldn't this.. make things a bit muddy? (Which they seem to be doing)

I was watching a video, I stumbled across a long time ago.. but it was Department of Homeland Security, I guess it was training or a meeting or something, anyways, it showed the guy in front telling everybody "The founding fathers were terrorist"... I didn't really pay attention to the video, but that one thing grabbed my attention.

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

It is inadmissable in a trial. But not all wiretapping is about getting trial evidence. It is about stopping/preventing illegal & terrorist activity and not prosecuting them afterwards. I don't know about you, but I would prefer the government prevent terrorist actions than just prosecuting them after it happens.

Oh, so that's why Martin Luther King was under surveillance. I never realized he was a terrorist. And I guess the Democratic Party was also a terrorist organization. I mean, why else would Nixon have had their headquarters bugged?

genzoulv

join:2004-10-05
Las Vegas, NV
reply to FFH5

Re: What competition?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by genzoulv:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Tired old cliche not relevant to today when 1 terrorist can kill thousands at a shot with a dirty bomb or biological agent.

Murdoc
Premium
join:2009-02-08
Manitowoc, WI
reply to Mr Matt

Re: Put the CTU inside a walled garden.

Also its for when everyone wakes up to what the gub' ment is doing. They know they are out numbered if that happens. I can't see that too likely everyone waking up to what they been doing.