uniqs
share rss forum feed

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39
reply to ForPetesSake

Re: I want my money back

Seems ok with Chrome here. Site is getting hammered at the moment though, so you may have to wait.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
Click for full size
Their map is inaccurate....Time Warner Cable does not offer 10 Meg in this area [except for business class]... it does not list the 7 Meg / 512 k that is available.

The data on AT&T listed is also inaccurate... it should be 3 Meg DSL... upto 24 Meg [U-Verse].

-
I checked my address on the website, it says I can get upto 24 Meg [VDSL] from AT&T... which is not possible, as U-Verse is not available on my half of the neighborhood. It also don't show that I can only get upto 3 Meg DSL at my address.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
Too funny.
It doesn't even list any DSL in my area if I put in a zip, but there's both ADSL and Uverse

Maybe at the time it was a required bundle (POTS or TV) and didn't make the grade.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Seems ok with Chrome here. Site is getting hammered at the moment though, so you may have to wait.

It works for me with Firefox, Chrome, & IE8. But it is
S L O W !!! Fastest way is to just input a zip code. Browsing the map by zooming in and out is intolerably slow.

P.S.>> It was working. Now, not so much. Site must be another of these where they rolled it out without enough capacity to handle many users at once.

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to AMDUSER
I played a little and didn't see a way to add user data. It may be completely inaccurate now but if everyone here could map their actual provider and speeds, it would get a lot more accurate quickly. I wonder if the raw data is available and could be mashed into a Google Maps site like DSLR has here...
KM
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential

dslwanter
It's coming
Premium
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH
reply to FFH5
It's painfully slow. Striking a deal with Google maps and having an overlay would have been much better.
--
Yeah, it's kind of like that.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to AMDUSER
Yeah it's inaccurate for my zip too.

It says Verizon aDSL does 50 - 100 Mbps download and 10 - 25 Mbps up. What a crock of shit! They only offer 3mbps/768k, and there's no fios.

Also for Service Electric, it says downloads from 10 - 25 Mbps. That's wrong too, the highest speed is 15/2

For Comcast it says downloads are:
Between 50 - 100 Mbps using Cable (DOCSIS 3.0)
It should say that downloads are:
Between 12 - 105 Mbps using Cable (DOCSIS 3.0)

Also the sites's SLOW!