Rogue Wolf
An Easy Draw of a Sad Few
join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY

3 recommendations

Rogue Wolf to MiB

to MiB

Re: Hate much?

My question is, who protects me from my government?

The worst the terrorists can do is kill me. The government can make me disappear, ship me off to some cement cell in a foreign land, and make my life a living hell for years, just because I went to the wrong place or talked to the wrong person and became a "person of interest" to them. Hell, if they want to, they can just kill me outright if they deem me a "threat", no need for messy judicial involvement.

Hey, but it's easy to avoid that, right? Just don't express my opinion or become politically active (except in "approved" ways), toe the line and keep my head down, and I'll never have to worry about my government taking notice of me and doing bad things to me.

...y'know, that sort of makes it sound like a terrorist organization, doesn't it?
old_wiz_60
join:2005-06-03
Bedford, MA

old_wiz_60

Keep an eye out for a black SUV parked in front of your house. Posting here is dangerous to your health; after all, only terrorists complain.

COMMAN
Plug Me In
join:2000-07-17
Mount Juliet, TN

1 recommendation

COMMAN to Rogue Wolf

to Rogue Wolf
said by Rogue Wolf:

The worst the terrorists can do is kill me. The government can make me disappear, ship me off to some cement cell in a foreign land, and make my life a living hell for years, just because I went to the wrong place or talked to the wrong person and became a "person of interest" to them. Hell, if they want to, they can just kill me outright if they deem me a "threat", no need for messy judicial involvement.

AMEN Brother!! - I'd rather stand up for our constitution and all it means than whimper & curl up in silence like some coward, expecting the government to protect me from all the 'evil terrorists'! (Which they can't stop any more than you or I can. Whether it's a dinosaur outside the cave, the black plague, or someone trying to down a plane, mankind has always faced "terrors" of some kind).

Look around, look at history, and do the research - there are some truly fine people in politics and government service, and there are some money-hungry, power-mongering individuals more evil than ANY gun-toting terrorist in ANY country. I'll take a bullet over tyranny any day. Some people in our government have done a good job of making us all afraid of "the evil terrorists", "the evil aliens", "the evil drugs", "the evil communists", "the evil... " - be MOST afraid of those who always tell you to be afraid, and then get over the fear, and LIVE THIS LIFE, PROUDLY!

Twaddle
@sbcglobal.net

Twaddle to old_wiz_60

Anon

to old_wiz_60
I like your attitude. You are not alone!