4 recommendations

reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Click for full size
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
88mm 1/125th F11 ISO100

Self portrait 2010
Hi ya'll…

My name is Taylor Mitchell. Yes - that Taylor Mitchell.

I haven't maintained a serious BBR forum/gallery presence for more than a year. Here’s why - I endured two surgeries to my right shoulder with lengthy recovery times. Then I immersed myself in a 1200 hour professional photography program at Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts (CDIA-BU). I just graduated, but with mixed feelings about the program. Now I’m recovering from a vitreous retinal detachment to my left eye (sounds worse than it is) since Jan. 21. Fortunately I’m right eyed.

Golden years...more like the breakdown years. BEWARE - warranty expires at 50.

January 19th, 1953 I came into being and was very young for my age. My parental units and I took up residence on Earth in the place known as Baltimore, MD. I spent much of my teen years in some altered state or another. Many a day was in the company of John Waters, Devine, Edith Massy and “the crowd” down Fells Point at the inner harbor or having wild summers down Ocean City, MD. It was a trip in more ways than one. I was a hippy.

Fast forward 1984: Drugs and alcohol having nearly put me in the grave, I got clean and sober. I haven't touched anything since – it’s been 27 years. Do I miss it? NOPE!

Today I live in Arlington, MA which is part of the greater Boston area. Been single all along – like it that way. My dog Wally and I are best buds (family) spending lots of time exploring life together. He is practically joined to me at the hip. We lost our other best friend and family member, Buttercup, this Halloween past. I miss her.

We lead a simple life…

I've recently found a liking for street photography and will start posting some of that work soon. HDR interior architecture and location portraits are on my radar and I'm contemplating trying my hand at pet portraiture.

At 58 I still don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up.
I like it that way. Never know what's around the next corner. Being a gay man w/o human family to worry about allows me the freedom to go with the flow - be a free spirit - so to speak.

Just got my 5DMK2 back after being repaired - thank you Mack Warranty (they are awesome) - and today the weather is mild so I'm out of here, camera gear in tow.

Thanks for enduring my ramblings. And thank you all for your encouraging comments on my gallery over the years.

Warm Regards - taylor
--
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" - Oscar Wilde
"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF HUMAN STUPIDITY"

bostechie
I'm too old to know everything
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Boston, MA
Waiting to hear back from rockhounds_5 See Profile who I tagged via IM.