share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to jj31234

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

said by jj31234:

This is a very interesting thread, but very one sided. It would be nice to have Brighthouse respond to the suggestions, or at least share what they are planning in the future. Positive feedback to the readers of this forum will greatly improve activity since these is some indication they are being listened to......

Good point. I'll pass it on. Understand though that the real purpose of this thread is for us to discuss these suggestions and to be a central point of collection for the ideas vs a roundtable discussion with BHN. Many of you have great ideas and they tend to get lost in the day to day discussion threads here so a central point of collection makes sense. I think you get the idea right?

As for BHN seeing this thread you can be sure they do. For what it's worth more than one idea in this thread has seen its way to reality (eg: the ability to delete recordings from any box in the WHDVR network). I can't say if the change originated here because I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if it played a part in it...

Keep em coming!
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

Harbour

@rr.com
All one needs to do is scan this Forum and you'll find many topics\posts where BHN customers have reported that they have requested a particular piece of equipment only to be told BHN will not for-fill personal requests for particular equipment. This practice goes totally against the grain of what BHN advertises, that is, Outstanding Customer service\Customer Satisfaction. Asking for a particular piece of equipment and getting it installed is....part of that Outstanding Customer service experience. If the equipment is available what difference would it make if BHN put in the Customers house who requested that particular piece of equipment, rather than putting in in another home where the customer didn't care what equipment was being installed. Yes, there is a difference, and, it only impacts the customer who was disappointed because they were told they could not request particular equipment.....this alienates customers.

If the equipment requested is available, BHN should deliver that equipment to a customer who has requested that particular equipment....

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to BHNtechXpert
A big feature for some parents, and one that is offered by a competitor, is the ability to hide channels in the guide. Examples:

1) Living Room: I hide an interactive Barbie channel so my daughter doesn't clog up my 55" LCD... I also hide all SD channels, channels I do not like and channels where I do not understand the language!

2) Daughter's Room: I hide all channels except those who play cartoons. I also have all programs PG13 and below blocked as a secondary layer of control.

3) Master Bedroom: Same as living room, except I keep some music channels open so I can sleep to them if I want.

Thanks!

cisco kid

@rr.com
Wouldn't it be great if especially during Football season, the Guide could be real time! Tonight CBS ran 40 mins off schedule due to the football game. In order for me to record the 2 Prime time shows on CBS tonight I would have to record 60 extra mins due to 1) the limited Extend and Shorten time features of the guide and 2) Guide does not have a Manual Recording feature.

But real time Guide....would be great.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by cisco kid :

Wouldn't it be great if especially during Football season, the Guide could be real time! Tonight CBS ran 40 mins off schedule due to the football game. In order for me to record the 2 Prime time shows on CBS tonight I would have to record 60 extra mins due to 1) the limited Extend and Shorten time features of the guide and 2) Guide does not have a Manual Recording feature.

But real time Guide....would be great.

So to make sure I understand you correctly either the realtime guide (very difficult) or maybe the ability to set specific timeframes correct?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

cisco kid

@rr.com
This topic is "If you could...."; To be honest, I'd like them both. I wonder how many said Cell phones would be very difficult and we know how that one turned out.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by cisco kid :

This topic is "If you could...."; To be honest, I'd like them both. I wonder how many said Cell phones would be very difficult and we know how that one turned out.

The problem is that guide information is delivered by a service. Meaning that the "service" is tasked with gathering the information and distributing it to all of their customers. Keeping the guide up to date as it is extremely difficult because in virtually every market there are schedule changes on a regular basis. In many cases these changes are not communicated to the service for this information. It wouldn't be BHN's problem so much as it would be for EVERYONE else ...every single programmer to switch to a live update process would be extremely expensive and I'm not entirely sure how it would be done anyway. They've got it as close as I think it's gonna get for a while.
--

cisco kid

@rr.com
Then a good first start would be a Manual Recording Feature......that would allow the user to enter an exact Start and stop time... that surely can be accomplished, it was present in the old Guide.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by cisco kid :

Then a good first start would be a Manual Recording Feature......that would allow the user to enter an exact Start and stop time... that surely can be accomplished, it was present in the old Guide.

Yea thats a lot easier to make happen.
--

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
How about cooler running STB's? I have a SA Explorer 4350HDC (I think) and that thing gets hot enough to fry an egg on! (Well, not literally.... but it does get hot.)

It got a little better when the screws accidentally fell out of the back of the case and I took the opportunity to remove the layer of dust from inside.....

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert
Im not sure if this has been listed yet but im not going to read though 9 pages to see if it is

I would like to see the recordings in your DVR list to be organized in folders. Espessially when the WHDVR is being used and there are a large amount of recordings. Its quite a hassle having to go through 50+ recordings to find the one you wnat to view.

Instead of having 15 recordings of "bubble guppies" (my daughters favorite) to scroll through, we could have 1 listing which opens up to all of the ones recorded.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by tim tim tim:

Im not sure if this has been listed yet but im not going to read though 9 pages to see if it is

I would like to see the recordings in your DVR list to be organized in folders. Espessially when the WHDVR is being used and there are a large amount of recordings. Its quite a hassle having to go through 50+ recordings to find the one you wnat to view.

Instead of having 15 recordings of "bubble guppies" (my daughters favorite) to scroll through, we could have 1 listing which opens up to all of the ones recorded.

Organized how?

And don't worry about scrolling through all 9 pages. Later this week I'm going to combine everything into one post and update the thread and then I would like to see if people will vote on their favorite suggestions.
--

BaffledBH

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
If I could add a product, it would be HBO GO, since many other "top" cable companies have it, and since I'm already paying for HBO. I would like to watch series that aren't on demand anymore, and I would really like to watch them from my phone and laptop.

rbmoving

@rr.com
I would like to see my DVR's RECORDED List and be able to remotely delete a recorded show. Since you can see the SCHEDULED list it should not be that difficult to Show the shows already recorded ...and..be able to delete them.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rbmoving :

I would like to see my DVR's RECORDED List and be able to remotely delete a recorded show. Since you can see the SCHEDULED list it should not be that difficult to Show the shows already recorded ...and..be able to delete them.

If you have the WHDVR you can do that now from each of the standard boxes. If you are referring to the web access then I'll add that to the list.
--

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Organized in folders, Instead of seeing 10 listings of american idle we see one listing, once you select it. It opens the "folder" which has all 10 listings inside of it.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
This weekend I'm going through this list and creating one master list with some feedback. This thread has grown to the size where it's time

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned already, but I'd like to mention it again anyway because it's frustrating! I really wish that BHN could simply put the HD equivalent of a channel right next to it's SD counterpart. I know that you can "sometimes" press the select button and then say Watch in HD, but that doesn't always work even if their is an HD equivalent channel out there.

I wouldn't imagine that wouldn't be that hard. Instead of having to search the HD channels to see if there is an HD counterpart to a channel that is watched often, you would simply see it in the guide.

berniefl35

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
brighthouse tv app for the IPHONE,,,pleaseeeeeeeee,,,thanks

berniefl35

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
please think about releasing a brighthouse tv app for the IPHONE,thanks,,,many of us would love that,,,

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
reply to BHNtechXpert

Phone Features for Digital Phone Service

How about Delivering Voicemail to Set top Boxes. And being able to switch between Phone Line 1 and Line 2 for us that have two Line's of Phone Service in Easy Gadget without logging out and logging in Again. And Separating Caller ID List's for Phone Line 1 and Line 2 on Set top Boxes.

Tomscave

join:2011-09-26
Parrish, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Regarding the new "Bright House App" for the iPad, I'd like to see the option of being able to use it outside of my home Wi-Fi. I have the Wi-Fi + 3G iPad 2 and would like to use the app while traveling. I'm sure the concern is people may give their "sign in" information to friends or family members so they could get free tv.

bigdaddy

reply to bigdaddy

DVR's with More Tuner's inside

How about a 4 Tuner DVR 2TB Storage and 6 Tuner DVR with 3TB Storage. With some MOCA inside. Shaken not Stirred LOL !

berniefl35

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert

please work on IPHONE brighthouse tv app,,THANKS

berniefl35

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
please work on IPHONE brighthouse tv app,,,thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Alright I have the entire thread printed and I'm going through it (all 65 pages or so) so it will be a couple of days...

tlg
Premium
join:2001-08-23
Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Look! My wish came true. Loving the iPad App, and hoping the release of the Android App coincides with the arrival of the Kindle Fire.
--
twitter.com/tgaume

cflbhn

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
Increase the upload speed on RR lightning. 5 up is kinda paltry.

bigdaddy

reply to BHNtechXpert

I Second That !

Faster upload ! on Par with VZ FiOS

Do I hear Any Thirds ?

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

I know about the ipad app that allows shows to be watched on it... BUT, what about the PC market? I know you can watch a few sports channels, but I don't care about those. I'm into CNN, Science channel, DIS, HI2.. etc..

Would be neat! make us log into the main site, and have the downloaded program check to see if that 'token' is 'active' and load the channels up..

Just an idea