share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:159
reply to neonhomer

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

Your idea has echoed the halls of cable providers worldwide for years. There will come a day when your wish is a complete reality, probably sooner than later actually. We're half way there with cable card enabled devices.
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to tim tim tim
said by tim tim tim:

I actually went through some remote class by the UEI company a few months ago. Those are programable buttons, I cant remember how but I think its in the directions that come with it. It should be able to be reprogramed (I think there are 3 other buttons that dont do anything out of the box that can be programed the same way). I think those buttons are called macro buttons

New reply to old msg...

If you go to the URC website, it tells you how to reprogram the macro buttons: (This is how I did it. Programming the F2 button for Science Channel, 141) This worked on a 1056B01....

1> Press CBL
2> Press & hold Setup until CBL button flashes twice
3> Press 9 9 5
4> Press macro button you want to program
5> Type in what you want done (In my case, 1 4 1 OK/Select)
6> Press & hold Setup until CBL button flashes twice

DONE.|

Want to clear it? (I think the buttons stack codes). Do the same thing above, but omit step 5.

DONE.|
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

cisco kid

@rr.com
A feature I would like to have; include access for DVR Remote Access into Easy Gadget (to include the ID\Password to be the one for Easy Gadget..not just providing a Link in Easy Gadget that would require yet another ID\Password to access DVR Remote Access)

BrianC

@rr.com
I posted another topic on this but I would like to see ESPN3 on the Xbox. Other providers offer this service already (such as Comcast) and it would be nice if we had it as well.

FTBoomer

join:2011-04-22
Tampa, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
As others have mentioned:

Favorites sorting the way it was

Ability to completely hide unwatched channels from guide

Easy gadget for DVR for iPhone\iPad (or at least fix the website to work with iPad, can't scroll)

Uncompressed HD signal (this should probably be first)

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
good luck with that last one, I Wish it would happen too.. I wish they would drop the analog

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
PIP that takes into account wide-screen tv's. Bolts & Rays games at the same time are a bitch.
--
2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa: Where Hypocrisy Meets Humidity

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Beachie:

PIP that takes into account wide-screen tv's. Bolts & Rays games at the same time are a bitch.

I would just be happy to have PIP back period. We lost that feature in the last update How can I have fair and balanced news without being able to watch Fox News & MSNBC at the same time. (oh and don't kid yourselves...I only watch MSNBC to laugh at them)
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

I would just be happy to have PIP back period. We lost that feature in the last update How can I have fair and balanced news without being able to watch Fox News & MSNBC at the same time. (oh and don't kid yourselves...I only watch MSNBC to laugh at them)

Hmm...both of my DVR's (8642HDC and an 8300HD) PIP works just fine.

PS Rest assured, both MSNBC and I are laughing our collective asses off at you, too
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Beachie:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Hmm...both of my DVR's (8642HDC and an 8300HD) PIP works just fine.

PS Rest assured, both MSNBC and I are laughing our collective asses off at you, too

Hmm well my Samsung is no go with PIP since last update. Now I haven't tried my whole home dvr with PIP assuming they hold true to the other Samsun DVR it will be no go. As for MSNBC bah...
--
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by tim tim tim:

I agree with the whdvr beeing able to pause in all of the rooms. I didnt know uverse was able to do that, it was my understanding that nobody could yet.

**UPDATE** Now you can pause live TV on any STB w/ Uverse(select markets of course).. SO now i'll add that to my wish list for BHN! LOL

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by shortyd999:

said by tim tim tim:

I agree with the whdvr beeing able to pause in all of the rooms. I didnt know uverse was able to do that, it was my understanding that nobody could yet.

**UPDATE** Now you can pause live TV on any STB w/ Uverse(select markets of course).. SO now i'll add that to my wish list for BHN! LOL

I find that hard to swallow...please pm me the link to that. The only reasonable way this could be done is IF they installed hard drives in each of the boxes. The alternative to which would be similar to SDV (switched digital video) but not for all channels or subscribers....
--
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

cisco kid

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
Just tried my Cisco 8642....PIP works just fine

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Yea it's a Samsung thing. You Cisco guys still have it.

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Sent u a PM

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Yea I got it late last night thanks. Will look at it tonight when I get off work.

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
shortyd999 See Profile is correct.

»www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1 ··· _u-verse
--

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
Im interested to see how it actually works.

Id also like to ask, how is there picture quality? I havent ever seen there service but have heard that there HD kinda sucks so im curious to know where it stands with the rest.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Beachie
This really isn't the thread for Uverse (obviously) but to clarify a thing or two it does not appear to give you control over live television if I am reading this right but actually gives you control over pre-recorded material. I think this is the way that all WHDVR systems will go soon enough. Just in this thread alone there have been requests for this feature and in other threads where we have discussed this the same feature requests have been echoed.
--
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL
It does appear to give you control over live tv:

quote:
AT&T today announced the launch of new AT&T U-verse® TV Total Home DVR features which give U-verse customers the ability to pause and rewind live TV on any U-verse receiver in the home.
quote:
However, with AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR’s latest enhancements, customers can control, record and play back shows on non-DVR TVs and pause or rewind live TV shows from any room in their home, even when the DVR is connected to a different TV.
--

rbmoving

@rr.com
Now that are terrific addition.....playing back on any Non-DVR TV....does that include a TV in the house connected directly to cable...no Box at all?

Does anyone know if AT&T charges a fee to Install WHDVR?

When I heard about WHDVR prior to its released I had read one way it might work is that in Playback would flow out over a Not-in-Use Channel. That way, you could tune any TV in the house to that assigned channel... I realize you wouldn't have control.... but sometimes that isn't required. Take the situations where one person wants to watch a live TV program on your main Large screen TV that is connected to the WHDVR....and someone else just wants to watch a recorded show and it doesn't much matter that you can't control the Playback from the remote locations. Actually, I recall years ago Radio Shack sold a Repeator. You placed the receiver in the other room where you where ....the connection ran thru the Cable in the House....the receiver was positioned in front of the cable Box.....and you controlled the device....the technology is out there.......

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL
I have no clue other than what was stated in the press release. I'm not in a UVerse area nor have I ever seen any of their products in action.

It is pretty interesting technology and I'm sure the next few years will bring many exciting new products to our homes.
--

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
dont you have to have a box on any tv to get there cable anyways. They dont offer analog cable like we do as far as I know.

PortableTech
Premium
join:2010-10-05
Rockledge, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Well, just had my WHDVR system installed and so far I like it, but one thing I really miss from Dish is the 30 second skip button. On Dish if I hit a commercial from a recorded or delayed show, I could just hit the 30 second skip about 4-6 times and I was through the commercial, and if I overshot it, the back button jumps back 7 seconds I believe. The whole process would take me on average 3-4 seconds to avoid the commercials.

Yes, I know I can fast forward and rewind, but it just requires more on my part to watch through the fast forward and to be prepared to stop it at just the right time or to have to suffer rewind. I just think getting around the commercials could be a bit easier.

Feel free to let me know if I am missing anything.

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
man when I switched, I thought the same thing. That was deffinatly a good feature to have. There is no replacement for it with us, the closest thing is if you hold the FF button for a few seconds it jumps 15 minutes (which is nice if you need to ff to the end or middle but doesnt replace that beautiful 30 second button).

PortableTech
Premium
join:2010-10-05
Rockledge, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Well, now that I have played with the WHDVR web interface some, I thought I would add another request to the list, and yes, this one is also based on my DishNetwork experience.

Let me manage existing recordings from the web the same way I can manage the schedule. It is great that I can set things to record, but I would like to be able to see what is already recorded, and to delete things if I wish from the recordings remotely.

If you really wished to go for the gold, the one feature I have always wished for that one one has, is the ability to start playback remotely. So when the kid come and yells he has a problem getting his show to play, or can not find his show, I can just log on and start it remotely and tell him to go watch it.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Neither of your suggestions is out of the realm of possibilities and coding for such would be a fairly easy deal. Both good ideas. I think where you run into problems with the coding is that several others hold the patents on specific parts of the technology. The real trick is coding around the patents in such a way as not to infringe and yet give the same functionality. The other option of course is to license and that's always a pain the arse.
--
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

hendrickx3

join:2003-10-01
Plant City, FL
Has anyone mentioned these two features?

1) Web playback -- think Slingbox, but without the extra piece of equipment. Let me watch recorded programs from anywhere, even on my mobile.

2) Location contacts -- Let me make reservations for specific equipment at a retail location and (possibly) appointment times for picking it up wia the web. Let's say I have a Cisco box that's determined to need replacement. Rather than wait a few days for an appointment, I want to take the initiative to bring it in and swap it. It's always been good to me, so I want to get the same model. (Also don't have to re-program my remotes, etc).

Hope these are new!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Your second suggestion is perplexing because you can go to any retail location now and swap equipment. It is actually the preferrewd method when cable repair isn't required and will save you the trip charge.
--
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

hendrickx3

join:2003-10-01
Plant City, FL
Right, but if I want to get (or avoid) a particular model -- I want to be able to request a model and be sure it's in stock and ready before I make a 45 minute drive.