uniqs

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

I would increase speed, lower bills, and acquire cox's markets.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to twalls

Premium Member

to twalls
said by twalls:

Unless you're on Comcast. Then you'll be lucky if you can hang up the phone without them asking "help me understand why you wouldn't you want the fastest Internet service in the nation?!"

You just made me spit orange soda out of my nose.....thank you I think
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to OpTiC

Premium Member

to OpTiC
said by OpTiC :

and acquire cox's markets.

Now this is first but I like it I take it you are in Cox market?

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

I'm at a Time Warner Cable market which is going to comcast
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

I'm at a Time Warner Cable market which is going to comcast

Understood....

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Hopefully Comcast doesn't have caps in my area after the merger. Luckily I have Verizon fios in my area. I said faster internet like 300 mbps because the US is behind most countries for internet like UK. We created the internet and we should have the fastest internet.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

Hopefully Comcast doesn't have caps in my area after the merger. Luckily I have Verizon fios in my area. I said faster internet like 300 mbps because the US is behind most countries for internet like UK. We created the internet and we should have the fastest internet.

If memory serves they are not enforcing hard caps anywhere except for the most serious of abusers...now I could be wrong but...

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

I meant they have a threshold/cap they are enforcing it in Huntsville and Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, Mississippi; Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee; Charleston, South Carolina; Tucson, Arizona.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

I meant they have a threshold/cap they are enforcing it in Huntsville and Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, Mississippi; Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee; Charleston, South Carolina; Tucson, Arizona.

Really...could have sworn they backed off that a bit....thanks for the info.

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL
ARRIS SB8200
eero Wi-Fi System

twalls to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

You just made me spit orange soda out of my nose.....thank you I think

Ha! No problem!

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to OpTiC

Premium Member

to OpTiC
said by OpTiC :

I would love to see the caps go away from all providers. It's very frustrating to be capped on your home internet usage. I would probably not exceed those caps, but it's a pain to be tied down.

Brighthouse is great when it comes to caps. I've heard no talk about them and I really hope that continues.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Caps is a way of saying fuck the internet you don't need it anymore. No that's not how it works. Instead of building up their infrastructure and being more future proof. They said the reason why it's slow because you're using too much. The internet is a very valuable source of information. It successfully replaced encyclopedia, dictionary, and libraries. I can't remember when did I go to the library to do research. Now I do my research online. The internet at this point of time is a necessity of life. If it's a necessity of life it should be taxed the way it is. Like it or not the internet is your life. If any one tells to to stop using the internet they might as well go to the Amish route and be a hunter.

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL

twalls to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
Caps on BHN would ruin me. Just downloading a PS4 game is like 40 GB nowadays. Total ruinage, I say!

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

I downloaded Call of duty ghost on my xbox one and it took 38gb
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to twalls

Premium Member

to twalls
said by twalls:

Caps on BHN would ruin me. Just downloading a PS4 game is like 40 GB nowadays. Total ruinage, I say!

All those "linux" distros don't help

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

If Comcast start doing caps I will be boycotting them.
orangezulu
join:2014-07-25
Safety Harbor, FL

orangezulu to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I would like to view the list of programs recorded on my DVR and then view the programs themselves on the BHApp.

Cisco
@70.125.9.x

Cisco

Anon

WHDVR enhanced to where not only can you View Recorded List and playback recorded shows on Non-DVR remote Boxes, but you could also set a Recording from a Remote Box to the 6 Tuner WHDVR.
Randalllind
join:2007-04-30
Saint Petersburg, FL

Randalllind to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I would kill off the personal DVR's and give everyone a DVR in the cloud. When you record a TV show, movie etc it would be saved to a server and not a user box.

That way if box dies etc you don't lose access to your saved recorded.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Randalllind:

I would kill off the personal DVR's and give everyone a DVR in the cloud. When you record a TV show, movie etc it would be saved to a server and not a user box.

It will eventually get there....far cheaper than maintaining a million plus hard drives....
ShadowFoxBiH
join:2013-04-27
Port Richey, FL

ShadowFoxBiH

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Randalllind:

It will eventually get there....far cheaper than maintaining a million plus hard drives....

BHN would need to up their speeds to support such a thing.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ShadowFoxBiH:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Randalllind:

BHN would need to up their speeds to support such a thing.

Nope...has nothing to do with that...
ShadowFoxBiH
join:2013-04-27
Port Richey, FL

ShadowFoxBiH

said by BHNtechXpert:

Well unless you are going to run the DVR software in the cloud then I can see why speed wouldn't matter.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ShadowFoxBiH:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Well unless you are going to run the DVR software in the cloud then I can see why speed wouldn't matter.

The interface to the cloud based storage would remain on the DVR and even then...there are two networks (of sorts without getting too technical about it) HSD and Video....while they ride along the same transport there is ample bandwidth to do whats needed. But frankly there are several much larger hurdles to get past none of them technical....hint: content holder....
bighorn1
Premium Member
join:2004-06-19
BD, CA

bighorn1 to Randalllind

Premium Member

to Randalllind
said by Randalllind:

Yeah, but if cable is out you can still watch your local recordings, you can't do that with recordings stored on the cloud.

I prefer local storage.
nelsonj3
join:2012-06-22
Lakeland, FL

nelsonj3 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
1. Faster Upload Speeds as others have said. 60mb down is plenty for me, but 5mb up is just not enough most of the time.

2. The ability to dim the clock on the Cisco 8742 DVR (and maybe all boxes). This may sound crazy, but the clock on the 8742 box is really bright at night. Right now, I only have the option to turn it on, off, or show the current channel. I've had to turn the clock off on the bedroom DVR for now so that I can sleep... lol.

3. The ability to watch TV anywhere with the Brighthouse TV App. I know FIOS has this, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time, and I know this is mostly about the content providers being reasonable and allowing this to happen. (I really wish they would just relax a little bit. We're all going to watch their shows, and the commericals, and they're going to make money... even if they DO actually decide to join the 21st Century and allow providers like Brighthouse to offer these services to their customers). Again, I know there's only so much that BH can do about this, but it is still a request.

4. The ability to watch DVR-recorded programs anywhere through the BHTV app. (basically related to #3).

5. Did I mention faster upload speeds? lol
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Multichannel News:: Comcast, TiVo Working On Non-CableCARD Approach

- a non-cablecard / non-tuning-adapter solution for TiVo that provides access to on-demand programming.
- use of these technologies once Comcast makes licensing available to other operators.
taino211
join:2013-01-24
Orlando, FL

taino211 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Brighthouse app for Roku. Please, make it happen.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

said by taino211:

Brighthouse app for Roku. Please, make it happen.

+1
Gatorguy1973
join:2014-05-06
Parrish, FL

Gatorguy1973

BHN Roku App +2