BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to telijah

Premium Member

to telijah

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

said by telijah:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Good idea....let me work on that

Eh hem... do you have an estimated time on this...

I had to do it.

No...
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
a. On BHN site, Hover over "My Services"...
Under My Account column, find "Sign in."

Do not 99% of web sites put login in the upper right corner, or in the upper right as part of a "person looking" icon? As is, new customers have to fish around to find the right place to click/hover to be able to log in. Indeed, on the main page, there is no indication that you CAN log in.

Maybe make it like everybody else does? Just a suggestion.

b. I still have not found how to log out.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

geo44

said by jcarerra:

Do not 99% of web sites put login in the upper right corner, or in the upper right as part of a "person looking" icon? As is, new customers have to fish around to find the right place to click/hover to be able to log in. Indeed, on the main page, there is no indication that you CAN log in.

if I'm not mistaken , you have to click on the "My Services" tab again to get to the logout.

Edit: I Just checked on that , seems that the "sign out" clicker is only on the main
"My services" page.
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra

said by geo44:

said by jcarerra:

if I'm not mistaken , you have to click on the "My Services" tab again to get to the logout.
Edit: I Just checked on that , seems that the "sign out" clicker is only on the main
"My services" page.

Which points out that the whole signin signout arrangement is just not implemented well. EVERYBODY puts it "upper right and visible pretty much everywhere." Except BHN.
slinky333
join:2008-05-26
Orlando, FL

slinky333 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Please add access to TBS.com and associated apps.

JLR
join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL

JLR

said by slinky333:

Also TCM.com and CNN.com
kmdean
join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL

kmdean to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
A feature in My Services where I can opt-in to receive notifications by email when scheduled maintenance is going to occur in my area for either TV, Internet or both as it was last night. Maybe default to notify the email of the account holder, but also allow a email to be manually entered if different. Others may want Text message notifications as well but that's likely more difficult to integrate.

This would likely reduce the amount of calls regarding outages that are not really outages due to any failure of the system. Also, it would help people like me who connect to remote servers to run updates and other procedures that would majorly negatively affected by a loss of internet connection in the middle of the process. I and others like to do maintenance at night for the same reason BHN does.

I already receive maintenance window notifications ahead of time for my remote services, so I figure it would be good to get them for my end of the connection as well with BHN.
Art Deco
join:2011-04-27

Art Deco to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Let's try to get SEC Network supported on WatchESPN. For some reason, we get the channel, and get to watch it on the BHTV app, but we can't watch it on WatchESPN. This has really been a pain with all the Gator games on there this year, including today's. I had to go out while the second half aired, added 1/2 hour to my DVR of it, but that ended up short when it went to OT. So I figured I'd catch the replay on WatchESPN, but to no avail.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I'd like to suggest adding a 'feature(s)' to call blocking.

Block by Caller ID, I've gotten some with D307, D308, D309, and D310 and all with varying numbers. The ability to block by Caller ID would really help here.

In addition WILDCARD as well, * for everything after and ? for any character. With that I could block the annoying Vonage calls that show as one I just got with the Caller ID of V12019331600012 and a number of 909-898-8707. In this case a block for Caller ID of V1* would stop it.

geo44
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

said by ispalten:

I'd like to suggest adding a 'feature(s)' to call blocking.

Block by Caller ID, I've gotten some with D307, D308, D309, and D310 and all with varying numbers. The ability to block by Caller ID would really help here.

In addition WILDCARD as well, * for everything after and ? for any character. With that I could block the annoying Vonage calls that show as one I just got with the Caller ID of V12019331600012 and a number of 909-898-8707. In this case a block for Caller ID of V1* would stop it.

This gets my vote too.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I see Retrotv is available again in Orlando, but not in our lineup. Please add it back for us. Thanks.
cyong
join:2013-05-31
Winter Park, FL
pfSense SG-2440
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

cyong to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Content Creators Package
-Increased upload speed.
-Minor price increase.
-Ideally could be at least partial corporate tax write off for the promotion of creative arts, and/or subsidized by by some sort of public funding.

Market BHN as the 'Content Creators ISP', collect additional revenues, gain support for the promotion of new media, and possibly have a tax deduction for the effort.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to JLR

to JLR
said by JLR:

said by slinky333:

Also TCM.com and CNN.com

It's especially ironic that TWC/BHN doesn't have streaming access to the Turner channels since they're owned by Time Warner, TWC's former corporate parent.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz

said by mixdup:

said by JLR:

said by slinky333:

Also TCM.com and CNN.com

It's especially ironic that TWC/BHN doesn't have streaming access to the Turner channels since they're owned by Time Warner, TWC's former corporate parent.

Time Warner spun off TWC in 2009, and it remains an independant company. They retained the right to use the Time Warner Cable name via a licensing agreement with their former parent.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by yimitz:

Time Warner spun off TWC in 2009, and it remains an independant company. They retained the right to use the Time Warner Cable name via a licensing agreement with their former parent.

Yes, that's why I said former parent. One would still expect a good relationship to exist between Time Warner and Time Warner Cable given how short a time it has been since separation.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz

Sorry, I misread that sentence. Even if they remain on friendly terms, I would guess that they (TW) are still going to want the going rate.
studio8h
Premium Member
join:2014-05-16
USA
ARRIS TG1672

studio8h to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
I would love to see an outage map. I'm in Orlando, and today we had a "local outage" (according to CSR) which lasted almost 12 hours. I like to know that BH is aware of problems, acknowledges them, and appears to be working on them. If there was a map (yes, I'd have to get to it using a cellular iPad), it would have saved a service call and time consuming interaction with a CSR. Probably not something BHN will do, but transparency really helps. We have endured numerous outages on Duke Energy, by looking at their outage map and understanding the problem was not just with us. A thought. PS - This support site has saved me numerous calls to BHN and is a tremendous asset.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

This is requested all the time, but isn't something given to you when you login to My Services and click Check Service Status?

It's been explained that a "map" is a tricky thing to do as the nature of outages varies wildly, so you must login and find out fi something is only effecting you.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
"How about joining the group of providers who support streaming CNN, ABC and now NBC?"

On the other hand, letting us stream almost every channel with the new app probably makes this a moot point

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by Flashfox:

"How about joining the group of providers who support streaming CNN, ABC and now NBC?"

On the other hand, letting us stream almost every channel with the new app probably makes this a moot point

The catch is that with the BHTV app you can only stream when you're at home. If we had TV Everywhere access to CNN, TBS, ABC, etc through the channels' websites, then you could stream from anywhere, not just at home.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

BHTV 3.0 now streams some channels off-network and the list will be growing....

geo44
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

said by BHNtechXpert:

will there be increased fees from the content providers to allow that?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geo44:

said by BHNtechXpert:

will there be increased fees from the content providers to allow that?

Does the sun rise in the east... - they charge us for every form of delivery.

geo44
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

I just cringe at another bill increase for something that I wont use.
I guess there is no hope for an opt out on that.
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

said by geo44:

I just cringe at another bill increase for something that I wont use.
I guess there is no hope for an opt out on that.

My dream is a business that will deliver reliable content on any device at any location (TVs included), can sell such content ala carte, can deliver live or on demand and has the ability to pause, rewind, fast forward, save and pickup from another device.

Ala carte is the key.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by allowiches:

Ala carte is the key.

The problem with a la carte is that the program providers are the ones that force bundling, not necessarily the cable companies.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

I was gonna reply with something similar. I think the only way ala carte works is if the content providers all started offering online delivery methods for their programs, similar to what HBO Go announced it will start doing in 2015, but then that means everyone paying tens of different providers monthly fees, and you only rely on the cable company for Internet.
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches to mixdup

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

The problem with a la carte is that the program providers are the ones that force bundling, not necessarily the cable companies.

Oh I know that. My post was basically a wish list when some company could come along and tell the content providers what was what.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Please add WeatherNation. We need a weather channel which airs the weather, something the Weather Channel doesn't do much of these days.
rmcbride
join:2014-06-13
Livonia, MI

rmcbride

I agree a 24/7 weather channel that talked about the weather would be nice.. Same for the news also.