how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

Gary,

You guys do add HD every quarter and while what you can add is drying up, there are still things there.

Some non-channel related things (More On Demand, Aps, reorganizing of SD Digital section (never really go there) or other upgrades would be nice.)

There is HD that will be added though. Wish you'd let something slip but I am expecting nice things via the tease you have given us.

mrmazda

join:2011-12-18

There needs to be a way to prevent the dancing yellow blob from causing recordings of program sound unaccompanied by program video. Screen saving is a lie. LCDs don't need protection form doing their job. No A/V equipment in my building needs protection from doing its job.

Ever since timers got replaced by reminders, there's been no way to guarantee a program is played from start to finish without interruptions created by Bright House software while I'm away from the house for more than three hours, or need to get a full night's sleep while the program I want to watch is scheduled.

This AM after having switched from TNT 1237 to USA 1238 prior to calling it a night last night, and with BHN box set with a reminder for 09:00 for a pair of SVU recordings today, my recorder had two hours of the dancing blob accompanied by the entirety of sound from two SVU episodes. There needs to be a restoration of timers, during which periods both audio and video stay uninterruptibly on. If that's not going to happen (there's nothing to stop it but BHN policy), then there needs to be at least 3X as many reminder timers available so that there are enough of them that they can be set to leave the desired channel and then return to it proximate to recording start.

As it is I have to set new reminders daily, as 8 are not enough to last through a whole week of routine and leave a reasonable number for non-routine.

People shouldn't have to pay an extra monthly BHN fee to replicate the function of perfectly good hardware they already own.

sneff1984

@bhn.net

Hi,

Do you know what HD channels will be added? Hopefully more starz and others.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

said by sneff1984 :

Hi,

Do you know what HD channels will be added? Hopefully more starz and others.

We add them all the time

HDOrlando

1 recommendation

reply to sneff1984

sneff,

They add them every quarter. I post the public notices on another site and also get them from Michigan and Bakersfield. Where are you at?

BTW: The reason we do not have more HD Starz is because they are on a month to month deal. This is the reason is the reason it took so long for some divisions to finally get Weather Channel HD. Since it has been month to months at least two years, a deal should be near and we will likely get all the Starz/ available Encore/Plex HD within a few months of Time Warner striking a new deal for it.

sneff1984

@bhn.net

Hi,

I am in the Orlando FL area.

Thanks

RUQRU
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Florida

What happened to HDNet? I recall it had some cool programming. I think it was dropped a few years ago. Any chance it may come back?

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to mrmazda

said by mrmazda:

There needs to be a way to prevent the dancing yellow blob from causing recordings of program sound unaccompanied by program video.

Screen saving is a lie. LCDs don't need protection form doing their job.

Ever since timers got replaced by reminders, there's been no way to guarantee a program is played from start to finish without interruptions created by Bright House software.

This AM after having switched from TNT 1237 to USA 1238 prior to calling it a night, my recorder had two hours of the dancing blob accompanied by the entirety of sound from two SVU episodes.

Looks like I missed the forum response to your post. I'm curious how BH got this resolved for you.

HDOrlando

reply to sneff1984

The next notice comes no later than a week from today.

I'll have to start posting my possibilities list here but HD channel candidates include.......

TWC SportsNet SD/HD (National Version) TWC Deportes SD/HD (National version, Pac 12 Regional Networks HD, Sundance HD, Shopping HD Channels, etc.

Again, I'll have to start posting my list here.

HDOrlando

reply to RUQRU

It got dropped a little over 3 years ago. HDNet now AXS.TV wanted to be on Digital Basic with HDNet Movies staying on the HD Pak.

The old HDNet is being phased out and I've heard programs like Art Mann are now censored and they are getting rid of stuff. It's definitely not going to be the same channel anymore and is getting bad reviews.

It's possible they will push harder to get on more systems though. We will se but the best thing is the addition of NFL Network.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to BHNtechXpert

For all those who asked for the NFL Network...

Here you go: »Multi-Year Deals Signed to Carry NFL Network & NFL Redzone

RUQRU
Premium
Florida

Yay!

RUQRU
Premium
Florida
reply to HDOrlando

said by HDOrlando:

It got dropped a little over 3 years ago. HDNet now AXS.TV wanted to be on Digital Basic with HDNet Movies staying on the HD Pak.

The old HDNet is being phased out and I've heard programs like Art Mann are now censored and they are getting rid of stuff. It's definitely not going to be the same channel anymore and is getting bad reviews.

It's possible they will push harder to get on more systems though. We will se but the best thing is the addition of NFL Network.

Thanks for the info...sad to see they ruined what was kind of a cool channel. I remember watching the old HDNET quite often. IR that they had some good original programming at the time.

raymac44

join:2012-09-22
Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Change the colors of the guide back to what it was, or to something that is more friendly to those of us who are older. The white letters against a dark background tend to blur for some of us. TiVo guide uses white letters against a lighter blue background and that works well for me. The gray/black also seems to make it gloomy.

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Fix the GUIDE so I don't have to press it twice to get back to the program. Make the 'sort program' an option in settings is one way.
--
Irv Spalten

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Another vote to put the guide back the way it was.....

berneifl35

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

I actually like he guide,,looks nice,,,,i would like to see the fox soccer channel and plus on the bhn iphone/ipad app as one of the channels

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to BHNtechXpert

Change the guide back to the previous colors and give us the option of viewing a full screen guide. The current guide wastes too much space with the video preview and all the blank space around the guide. I for one would like to not have to put on reading glasses to see the guide. A full screen guide with larger font would help.

rstoplabe14

join:2012-09-26
Orlando, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Orlando, FL

My wish lists for BHN services:
1. 16x9 guide
2. Transparency... What are all the ports in my HD box for, and why are some disabled? (»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collate···348a.pdf) I know what the box is capable of doing, now what are you allowing it to do?

3. Why is the iPad app limited to home use? I'd be nice to have something that would work anywhere, even if the channels are limited due to licensing.

mo

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

1. Widescreen guide and un-ugly the whole OSD, or at least give us something under settings to change it. I know a super old Comcast SA Explorer 2000 ten years ago had that option. Black is not good for plasma too.

2. There really is no reason to leave the SB6121 out of the list of approved modems unless there are serious security issues (and I'm sure that isn't why). The only reason I say this is that the company provided DDW3611 only supports four down/up bonding channels and works fine with lightning. SB6121 has the same, but the SB6141 provides eight downstream bonding channels. Which is an improvement but no speeds offered use that. Unless you're gonna give Lightning customers complimentary upgrades to 100Mbps (pretty please?) this limitation is kinda bogus.

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net

Got the new dark Guide today, it is not terrible but in my opinion, the previous guide was easier to read from a distance. The 3 Push "Guide", once to open it, the 2nd time to Sort it, the 3rd time to close it......I would prefer the Channel Sort be in a Setting Menu.

I am sure Time Warner had a reason to change the color scheme to this darker color....but this goes in the category that providers need to get feedback from the end users before making changes. The guide come off to me very old and outdated. When the program you are watching happens to be dark ... the Guide is even Darker.

So for now other than the Color.....I see no other customer benefical changes...all else appears to be the same. The A button now gives you a quick way to Find, I have never used nor had a need to use that feature and I would bet I am not in the minority.

It would have been nice had this change included Full Screen...and I am sure that working with Cisco and Sam(Sams use stretch to give full screen....but you don't see any more information) the Boxes could be made to display Full screen with more Guide Information per screen view.

I just hope Time warner and BHN is listening.......

scaglionec

join:2012-10-02
Spring Hill, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

My house is almost a Bright House...

I just need Showtime Anytime.

Make it happen!

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

Click for full size
This would be Great to group the six BHN Speed Test Servers in Button forum For us end users to choose from.

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

It would also help if all HBO, Showtime, channels are located together instead of having to check the lower numbers for the SD channels and the upper numbers for HD channels.

Request for a full screen guide again. The new guide bland black/white/grey theme is hard to read from a distance. If we can go full screen and make the font larger it will help us read the guide. I pray they don't take long to add this option.

waynew

join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

#1 was resolved with the recent updates, but I believe the other 4 are still valid issues (defects/bugs/inconsistencies).

I have noticed some issues with the 8642 so far (compared to my 8300HDs):
1) No way to filter the guide so that I can see only my favorite channels
2) The DVR doesn’t resolve its own recording conflicts, even when some shows are rebroadcast later in the week
3) While a recording is in progress, the info button in the guide list no longer shows the time the recording will end. It shows the current time, so you have no idea if you are in the middle of a 30 minute recording or a 2 hour recording.
4) The recording log is complete chaos. It seems to be in a random order. It doesn’t appear to be sorted alphabetically or chronologically (like the 8300HD).
5) The recording log doesn’t support the “info” button so there is no way to get any details (like episode title or description).

Satch

join:2009-11-25

My one suggestion remains,

Make the keyboard have the ability to search by keywords as the default across all the boxes. Searching by Titles restricts too many choices such as Sports shows who's content is often not logically arranged by title. If all the keyboards search by keywords, customers will be able to find ANYTHING!

Satch

Satch

join:2009-11-25

1 edit

said by Satch:

My one suggestion remains,

Make the keyboard have the ability to search by keywords as the default across all the boxes. Searching by Titles restricts too many choices such as Sports shows who's content is often not logically arranged by title. If all the keyboards search by keywords, customers will be able to find ANYTHING!

Satch

The best example of how Keyword Search works better than Title Search. Suppose that you are a sports fan. Under TWC/BHN current keyboard Title only navigation, the listings for sports are organized by NAME of the sport, not Sport Team. So in order to watch ANY football game, you must also know the type of football it is "NFL Football" or "College Football." and then click on each list of games to find the game the customer wants to watch or record.

If the Guide's Keyboard System searched by ALL instances of the keyword typed into the keyboard, you could just type in the team for ANY sports Football, Baseball, whatever, "Tampa Bay Rays" "Miami Dolphins" and your game would be instantly found!

Movie Titles would also be found with the keyboard search set to all as the default. A search for "Godfather" would bring up the movie. A search for "Woody Allen" would bring up "Annie Hall." Keyword Search looks for any phrase, person, cast member, or sports team in the whole database. Keyword Search, set to "All" as the default, would really insure that customers would always be able to find a show. Search time could be cut in half, meaning that customers would spend less time searching and more time enjoying their programing!

Hopefully, when BHN/TWC mass distributes the new search system to all of the boxes, one of the following will have taken place:

1.) A software update sets keyword search settings to ALL (not Title) OR.

2.) Users can change the search options to a default setting of their choice. Like the Guide Filtering, propose that this setting for the search option (All, Title, Cast, Sports) will "stick" until the customer changes it.

Satch

mrmazda

join:2011-12-18

1 recommendation

reply to Noah Vail

said by Noah Vail:

said by mrmazda:

There needs to be a way to prevent the dancing yellow blob from causing recordings of program sound unaccompanied by program video.

Screen saving is a lie. LCDs don't need protection form doing their job.

Ever since timers got replaced by reminders, there's been no way to guarantee a program is played from start to finish without interruptions created by Bright House software.

This AM after having switched from TNT 1237 to USA 1238 prior to calling it a night, my recorder had two hours of the dancing blob accompanied by the entirety of sound from two SVU episodes.

Looks like I missed the forum response to your post. I'm curious how BH got this resolved for you.

It didn't. I think the particular instance was a fluke. I haven't seen it again on USA, TNT or any other mainstay, just on SDV channels.

stevedaytona

join:2008-03-04
Daytona Beach, FL
reply to wbrightfl7

said by wbrightfl7:

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

Umm....you can do this with the new guide. With guide already displayed just hit guide again and that gives you a couple of display options including HD only.

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

Thanks but that's not what I said. I know there is an HD only option.

I will explain better.

The Dish Network programming guide has many options. One option is to choose to see only channels you subscribe to which is nice as half the channels I don't subscribe to and just a waste of time browsing through the channels. Another option is to choose to see subscription channels only, but only show the HD channel if available, if no HD is available the guide shows the SD version. This way the guide is only showing you channels you subscribe to, but only once on the guide. It makes the guide much cleaner to browse through.

I am hoping BH is listening to all of the input from various forums, Facebook and Twitter about this new guide and working towards developing something which is easier to read and a full screen option. Please don't make us wait long!