how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to mo

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

Got the new dark Guide today, it is not terrible but in my opinion, the previous guide was easier to read from a distance. The 3 Push "Guide", once to open it, the 2nd time to Sort it, the 3rd time to close it......I would prefer the Channel Sort be in a Setting Menu.

I am sure Time Warner had a reason to change the color scheme to this darker color....but this goes in the category that providers need to get feedback from the end users before making changes. The guide come off to me very old and outdated. When the program you are watching happens to be dark ... the Guide is even Darker.

So for now other than the Color.....I see no other customer benefical changes...all else appears to be the same. The A button now gives you a quick way to Find, I have never used nor had a need to use that feature and I would bet I am not in the minority.

It would have been nice had this change included Full Screen...and I am sure that working with Cisco and Sam(Sams use stretch to give full screen....but you don't see any more information) the Boxes could be made to display Full screen with more Guide Information per screen view.

I just hope Time warner and BHN is listening.......

scaglionec

join:2012-10-02
Spring Hill, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

My house is almost a Bright House...

I just need Showtime Anytime.

Make it happen!

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

Click for full size
This would be Great to group the six BHN Speed Test Servers in Button forum For us end users to choose from.

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

It would also help if all HBO, Showtime, channels are located together instead of having to check the lower numbers for the SD channels and the upper numbers for HD channels.

Request for a full screen guide again. The new guide bland black/white/grey theme is hard to read from a distance. If we can go full screen and make the font larger it will help us read the guide. I pray they don't take long to add this option.

waynew

join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

#1 was resolved with the recent updates, but I believe the other 4 are still valid issues (defects/bugs/inconsistencies).

I have noticed some issues with the 8642 so far (compared to my 8300HDs):
1) No way to filter the guide so that I can see only my favorite channels
2) The DVR doesn’t resolve its own recording conflicts, even when some shows are rebroadcast later in the week
3) While a recording is in progress, the info button in the guide list no longer shows the time the recording will end. It shows the current time, so you have no idea if you are in the middle of a 30 minute recording or a 2 hour recording.
4) The recording log is complete chaos. It seems to be in a random order. It doesn’t appear to be sorted alphabetically or chronologically (like the 8300HD).
5) The recording log doesn’t support the “info” button so there is no way to get any details (like episode title or description).

Satch

join:2009-11-25

My one suggestion remains,

Make the keyboard have the ability to search by keywords as the default across all the boxes. Searching by Titles restricts too many choices such as Sports shows who's content is often not logically arranged by title. If all the keyboards search by keywords, customers will be able to find ANYTHING!

Satch

Satch

1 edit

said by Satch:

My one suggestion remains,

Make the keyboard have the ability to search by keywords as the default across all the boxes. Searching by Titles restricts too many choices such as Sports shows who's content is often not logically arranged by title. If all the keyboards search by keywords, customers will be able to find ANYTHING!

Satch

The best example of how Keyword Search works better than Title Search. Suppose that you are a sports fan. Under TWC/BHN current keyboard Title only navigation, the listings for sports are organized by NAME of the sport, not Sport Team. So in order to watch ANY football game, you must also know the type of football it is "NFL Football" or "College Football." and then click on each list of games to find the game the customer wants to watch or record.

If the Guide's Keyboard System searched by ALL instances of the keyword typed into the keyboard, you could just type in the team for ANY sports Football, Baseball, whatever, "Tampa Bay Rays" "Miami Dolphins" and your game would be instantly found!

Movie Titles would also be found with the keyboard search set to all as the default. A search for "Godfather" would bring up the movie. A search for "Woody Allen" would bring up "Annie Hall." Keyword Search looks for any phrase, person, cast member, or sports team in the whole database. Keyword Search, set to "All" as the default, would really insure that customers would always be able to find a show. Search time could be cut in half, meaning that customers would spend less time searching and more time enjoying their programing!

Hopefully, when BHN/TWC mass distributes the new search system to all of the boxes, one of the following will have taken place:

1.) A software update sets keyword search settings to ALL (not Title) OR.

2.) Users can change the search options to a default setting of their choice. Like the Guide Filtering, propose that this setting for the search option (All, Title, Cast, Sports) will "stick" until the customer changes it.

Satch

mrmazda

join:2011-12-18

1 recommendation

reply to Noah Vail

said by Noah Vail:

said by mrmazda:

There needs to be a way to prevent the dancing yellow blob from causing recordings of program sound unaccompanied by program video.

Screen saving is a lie. LCDs don't need protection form doing their job.

Ever since timers got replaced by reminders, there's been no way to guarantee a program is played from start to finish without interruptions created by Bright House software.

This AM after having switched from TNT 1237 to USA 1238 prior to calling it a night, my recorder had two hours of the dancing blob accompanied by the entirety of sound from two SVU episodes.

Looks like I missed the forum response to your post. I'm curious how BH got this resolved for you.

It didn't. I think the particular instance was a fluke. I haven't seen it again on USA, TNT or any other mainstay, just on SDV channels.

stevedaytona

join:2008-03-04
Daytona Beach, FL
reply to wbrightfl7

said by wbrightfl7:

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

Umm....you can do this with the new guide. With guide already displayed just hit guide again and that gives you a couple of display options including HD only.

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

Thanks but that's not what I said. I know there is an HD only option.

I will explain better.

The Dish Network programming guide has many options. One option is to choose to see only channels you subscribe to which is nice as half the channels I don't subscribe to and just a waste of time browsing through the channels. Another option is to choose to see subscription channels only, but only show the HD channel if available, if no HD is available the guide shows the SD version. This way the guide is only showing you channels you subscribe to, but only once on the guide. It makes the guide much cleaner to browse through.

I am hoping BH is listening to all of the input from various forums, Facebook and Twitter about this new guide and working towards developing something which is easier to read and a full screen option. Please don't make us wait long!

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1

You can set up your guide manually to do that. You need to go the menu and select the Favorites option, then select each channel you want as your favorite. Once all your channels are selected press Guide twice and then select the Favorites option. Now, only your favorite channels will appear when you press Guide.

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL

Thanks I will go set that up now.

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net

The Competitions' Guide provides programing 2 weeks in the future......currently BHN only displays a week ahead.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

said by Cisco Kid :

The Competitions' Guide provides programing 2 weeks in the future......currently BHN only displays a week ahead.

So your request is to have the guide display two weeks of data?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Cisco Kid :

So your request is to have the guide display two weeks of data?

I recently switched from Dish Network and their guide did go out 2 weeks. I didn't need to see it that far in advance but perhaps some folks would like to see 2 weeks.

I just want some color back and full screen option then I will be happy.

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net

This one has been mentioned in the past....but it never hurts to re-surface it.....

Last night, Sunday 10/21, NFL Football ran over 57 mins. On that same channel 1010, I had 2 one hour programs scheduled to record. In order to get the 2 programs recorded, I either had to 1st change the record Start\Stop of the second program, then I could change the Start\Stop of the 1st program....and then, I still would have had to waste record space because this Guide jumps from 15 mins Earlier\later to 30 mins Earlier\later. Of course, and is what I did, I just adjusted the 2nd programs end time to 30 Mins. So when I go to watch these programs, the 1st program will stop before it ending and I'll have to start the 2nd program to view its ending.

This in 2012...in the Guide BHN had prior to this Guide....2005....that guide had a Manual Start\Stop recording feature.....so you recorded exactly the time frame required. Yes, it than showed up in the Program List as "Manual Program" it made setting up the recording easy, and no wasted programing on the HD. I have a Stand alone DVR that I record to, its 7 years old, and, when I set it to record a TV show it even allows me to Add the program Title to that recording....so this technology has been available for a long time.

Granted this issue, program running behind due to other programing running over basically happens only during Football season, none the less, its something that can be rectified with technology that has been available for well over 7 or 8 years and yet.....here's the Guide 3 years old, this has been suggested...a useful feature, and we get a Guide with new Colors instead. I am not beating down the new Guide, with as much effort as had to go into changing colors, it would have been nice if this feature which has been suggested...was included...it is needed. If the programmers at Time Warner and BHN are listening, please include this as an enhancement and sooner would be better than later; Thank You

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Yes....go out 2 weeks; that is what the Competition offers.....

dabhome

join:2012-10-28
Livonia, MI
reply to BHNtechXpert

If I were CEO for a day I would put a lot of pressure on Rovi (or whoever the iGuide comes from now) to improve the new iGuide user interface. The iGuide significantly changed in July. The new iGuide provided a number of cool new features. However, it also removed features and introduced a new interface which has serious deficits. Here are my recommended changes:

General/Menu
- Remove most of the white space in many of the menus (DVR, Search, Find Channels, etc.). There is no reason for so much white space and it severely limits the amount of information presented to the user. All of the menus have a lot of white space to the left. They also have a huge amount of white space above and below each selection, even though there is a button boundary which delineates the selection. The white space and text should be like the guide. The old iGuide was much more compact and had options to make it even more compact.
- Explain the icons. What does a star with a circle in the DVR mean? What does a blue dot on scheduled recordings mean? There should be a help button. By the way, under Menu there is a help section but it is empty. Under Local on Demand (Michigan) there is a list of videos explaining how to use the iGuide, but it is for the old iGuide which doesn't exist anymore.
- Support 30 second fast forward. Previously, Brighthouse took it off their remote, however, it could still be programmed on a universal remote. In the latest release there is not even a way to program it. Fast Forward and play with lag (great feature) does not come close to replacing it. It doesn't prevent people from skipping commercials and it annoys people.
- List every channel in a Find Channel category. Some channels are not listed in a category. For example, Comedy Central isn't listed. If you know a channel and want to go there directly you should be able to find it.
- Eliminate Multi On-Demand. The biggest button on the remote is the On-Demand button. But, it only takes you to the paid On-Demand. You have to go to Guide, Menu or Search to get to the other On-Demands. All the On-Demands should be available in one place. By the way, the word "demand" is spelled wrong for Cinemax on Demand channel (Michigan).
- Provide an indication you have to use swap in On-Demand channels to go back to the channel you were watching. Once you get to a specific On-Demand it is a channel but looks like a regular menu. This is confusing because it means that the Exit and C button do not work and you have to use the swap button instead.
- Actually implement start over. Start Over was advertised and pushed very hard when I joined Brighthouse. So far, I have found one channel (A&E) and it has never worked.
- Improve the program schedule data. I had to turn off recording at anytime for a number of programs because duplicate entries would not be recognized as the same.

Guide
- Be able to record series on current program. There is no way to record a series on a program which is running or previously run when there are no other shows currently listed in the guide.
- Be able to use Start Over from the guide. If Start Over is available I should be able to get it in the guide. Requiring people to switch to the channel, select OK, select Start Over and than ??(since I have never gotten it to work, I don't know what comes next) is very annoying when I am looking at the program I want to watch in the guide.
- Provide at least two weeks of guide. Having only one week of guide can make it difficult to set up series or plan. Twice now I have seen a program I would like to watch, but it is currently running and I can't set the series. So I go to search and I can't find it because it will not be on the next week. Uverse provides two weeks. The old iGuide provided two weeks.

Search
- Keyboard Search finds anywhere in the title. The search only finds from the beginning and you have to know which words are not included (such as "The"). People have smart phones now where they can search with their number pad. They have Google. When a search is so limited it shows that Brighthouse is not staying modern and it is frustrating. uVerse provides searching anywhere in the title.
By the way, I do like the Category search capability which filters the search. However, this was not clear and it took me playing around with it to realize the capability. Also I like the automatic using of the current title when you hit the B button when watching a show. Both of those are nice features.
- Provide Telephone keypad search. People are used to searching on their smartphones with just using the telephone keypad. This would allow search using the numbers on the remote.
- Provide more information on items listed from keyboard search. When a keyboard search is first done iGuide provides a list of programs. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if the listing is a currently playing program, a future program, an On-Demand program, or a multiple set of programs. Also, often you can't tell what the listing is due to a lack of space. The only way to find out is to scroll over, select one of the listings (and hope it isn't a currently playing program) than go back (C button). Only than does iGuide provide details as you scroll through the listings.

DVR
- Collapse listings by title. When you have a lot of recordings of the same title it makes it difficult to scroll through the listings. The old iGuide had this feature. The old iGuide had this feature.
- Allow starting late and ending early. When programs overlap you sometimes need to start late or end early in order to fit them back to back. This is especially true because there are only two tuners in the box.
- Allow manual recording. This can be useful when the guide is wrong. The old iGuide had this feature.
- Implement Guide button to take you from scheduled recordings directly to channel and time in the guide. This is very useful for seeing what else is around the scheduled recording. It is also useful to get to a channel, future date and time. The old iGuide had this feature. uVerse has this feature.
- Implement Series Priorities menu. You can only change the series priority of one program at a time. You should be able to adjust them all at once. Normally, when I change one, I want to change others. The old iGuide had this feature. uVerse has this feature.
- Provide more information in Recording Log. The log doesn't show the date or the full information about the program. It also only shows deleted shows (I.e. it is a deleted recording log.)
- Go back to list of recordings when recording deleted. When you finish a program and delete it the user should go back to the listing of recordings. This makes it a lot easier to watch multiple shows at once. I believe the old iGuide had this feature.

Phone
- Busy Call Transfer. I have two Brighthouse numbers. I would like to be able to set Busy Call Transfer so that my first line rolls to my second line if it is busy. uVerse has this feature.
- No Answer Transfer. I would like to be able to transfer one of my numbers to a cell phone if it isn't answered within a few rings. uVerse has this feature.
- Listen to voice mail through TV. I would like to listen to voice mail through my TV. Go to a menu where I can select which voice mail. It would also be nice if it produced a transcript like my smart phone does.

David Brown

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by dabhome:

If I were CEO for a day I would put a lot of pressure on Rovi (or whoever the iGuide comes from now) to improve the new iGuide user interface. The iGuide significantly changed in July. The new iGuide provided a number of cool new features. However, it also removed features and introduced a new interface which has serious deficits. Here are my recommended changes:

General/Menu
- Remove most of the white space in many of the menus (DVR, Search, Find Channels, etc.). There is no reason for so much white space and it severely limits the amount of information presented to the user. All of the menus have a lot of white space to the left. They also have a huge amount of white space above and below each selection, even though there is a button boundary which delineates the selection. The white space and text should be like the guide. The old iGuide was much more compact and had options to make it even more compact.
- Explain the icons. What does a star with a circle in the DVR mean? What does a blue dot on scheduled recordings mean? There should be a help button. By the way, under Menu there is a help section but it is empty. Under Local on Demand (Michigan) there is a list of videos explaining how to use the iGuide, but it is for the old iGuide which doesn't exist anymore.
- Support 30 second fast forward. Previously, Brighthouse took it off their remote, however, it could still be programmed on a universal remote. In the latest release there is not even a way to program it. Fast Forward and play with lag (great feature) does not come close to replacing it. It doesn't prevent people from skipping commercials and it annoys people.
- List every channel in a Find Channel category. Some channels are not listed in a category. For example, Comedy Central isn't listed. If you know a channel and want to go there directly you should be able to find it.
- Eliminate Multi On-Demand. The biggest button on the remote is the On-Demand button. But, it only takes you to the paid On-Demand. You have to go to Guide, Menu or Search to get to the other On-Demands. All the On-Demands should be available in one place. By the way, the word "demand" is spelled wrong for Cinemax on Demand channel (Michigan).
- Provide an indication you have to use swap in On-Demand channels to go back to the channel you were watching. Once you get to a specific On-Demand it is a channel but looks like a regular menu. This is confusing because it means that the Exit and C button do not work and you have to use the swap button instead.
- Actually implement start over. Start Over was advertised and pushed very hard when I joined Brighthouse. So far, I have found one channel (A&E) and it has never worked.
- Improve the program schedule data. I had to turn off recording at anytime for a number of programs because duplicate entries would not be recognized as the same.

Guide
- Be able to record series on current program. There is no way to record a series on a program which is running or previously run when there are no other shows currently listed in the guide.
- Be able to use Start Over from the guide. If Start Over is available I should be able to get it in the guide. Requiring people to switch to the channel, select OK, select Start Over and than ??(since I have never gotten it to work, I don't know what comes next) is very annoying when I am looking at the program I want to watch in the guide.
- Provide at least two weeks of guide. Having only one week of guide can make it difficult to set up series or plan. Twice now I have seen a program I would like to watch, but it is currently running and I can't set the series. So I go to search and I can't find it because it will not be on the next week. Uverse provides two weeks. The old iGuide provided two weeks.

Search
- Keyboard Search finds anywhere in the title. The search only finds from the beginning and you have to know which words are not included (such as "The"). People have smart phones now where they can search with their number pad. They have Google. When a search is so limited it shows that Brighthouse is not staying modern and it is frustrating. uVerse provides searching anywhere in the title.
By the way, I do like the Category search capability which filters the search. However, this was not clear and it took me playing around with it to realize the capability. Also I like the automatic using of the current title when you hit the B button when watching a show. Both of those are nice features.
- Provide Telephone keypad search. People are used to searching on their smartphones with just using the telephone keypad. This would allow search using the numbers on the remote.
- Provide more information on items listed from keyboard search. When a keyboard search is first done iGuide provides a list of programs. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if the listing is a currently playing program, a future program, an On-Demand program, or a multiple set of programs. Also, often you can't tell what the listing is due to a lack of space. The only way to find out is to scroll over, select one of the listings (and hope it isn't a currently playing program) than go back (C button). Only than does iGuide provide details as you scroll through the listings.

DVR
- Collapse listings by title. When you have a lot of recordings of the same title it makes it difficult to scroll through the listings. The old iGuide had this feature. The old iGuide had this feature.
- Allow starting late and ending early. When programs overlap you sometimes need to start late or end early in order to fit them back to back. This is especially true because there are only two tuners in the box.
- Allow manual recording. This can be useful when the guide is wrong. The old iGuide had this feature.
- Implement Guide button to take you from scheduled recordings directly to channel and time in the guide. This is very useful for seeing what else is around the scheduled recording. It is also useful to get to a channel, future date and time. The old iGuide had this feature. uVerse has this feature.
- Implement Series Priorities menu. You can only change the series priority of one program at a time. You should be able to adjust them all at once. Normally, when I change one, I want to change others. The old iGuide had this feature. uVerse has this feature.
- Provide more information in Recording Log. The log doesn't show the date or the full information about the program. It also only shows deleted shows (I.e. it is a deleted recording log.)
- Go back to list of recordings when recording deleted. When you finish a program and delete it the user should go back to the listing of recordings. This makes it a lot easier to watch multiple shows at once. I believe the old iGuide had this feature.

Phone
- Busy Call Transfer. I have two Brighthouse numbers. I would like to be able to set Busy Call Transfer so that my first line rolls to my second line if it is busy. uVerse has this feature.
- No Answer Transfer. I would like to be able to transfer one of my numbers to a cell phone if it isn't answered within a few rings. uVerse has this feature.
- Listen to voice mail through TV. I would like to listen to voice mail through my TV. Go to a menu where I can select which voice mail. It would also be nice if it produced a transcript like my smart phone does.

David Brown

hold on a second did you upgrade to whole house DVR? If so iGuide would not be on your settop it is running Navigator and the old boxes still run iGuide you just have to get used to Navigator as the new boxes for multiroom do not use iGuide and there is no such thing as the old iGuide it is still on the system.

dabhome

Livonia, MI

said by motorola870:

hold on a second did you upgrade to whole house DVR? If so iGuide would not be on your settop it is running Navigator and the old boxes still run iGuide you just have to get used to Navigator as the new boxes for multiroom do not use iGuide and there is no such thing as the old iGuide it is still on the system.

Well I did not upgrade to Whole House DVR, but they gave me a DCX 3510 anyways. The installer said that was all they were giving out now (Livonia Brighthouse). I called it iGuide because that is what everybody in our cable office calls it. I just found out today that it is actually Navigator while looking around the web.

Bottom line, I have Navigator but I don't have whole house DVR. So my comments are for Navigator.

David Brown

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by dabhome:

said by motorola870:

Well I did not upgrade to Whole House DVR, but they gave me a DCX 3510 anyways. The installer said that was all they were giving out now (Livonia Brighthouse). I called it iGuide because that is what everybody in our cable office calls it. I just found out today that it is actually Navigator while looking around the web.

Bottom line, I have Navigator but I don't have whole house DVR. So my comments are for Navigator.

David Brown

well they are ordering only DCX3510s now but the iGuide boxes are still on the system.

dabhome

Livonia, MI

As I said, my comments are for the software running on my box on Bright House Networks. I didn't get a choice of Navigator or iGuide. I got what they gave me.

Any feedback on my comments? Do you disagree with my statements or recommendations?

An additional comment. Bright House made a big deal about the look back feature. However, the Bright House website says it is not available in Livonia. My searching the networks showed it available on A&E, but I have never gotten it to actually work.

To me this is shoddy and deceptive advertising.

David

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by dabhome:

As I said, my comments are for the software running on my box on Bright House Networks. I didn't get a choice of Navigator or iGuide. I got what they gave me.

Any feedback on my comments? Do you disagree with my statements or recommendations?

An additional comment. Bright House made a big deal about the look back feature. However, the Bright House website says it is not available in Livonia. My searching the networks showed it available on A&E, but I have never gotten it to actually work.

To me this is shoddy and deceptive advertising.

David

I try to avoid Navigator like the plague due to what has happened here with how software updates were handled with the ODN 5.2 black guide upgrade. Time Warner Cable added startover/lookback to the iGuide boxes in North Texas here in July so all of our boxes support startover/lookback and caller id on tv. Startover and lookback with iGuide could use some tweaks such as the time being added to the info bar when you press info in a show that you started over and bookmarks for shows you started over.

dabhome

Livonia, MI

said by motorola870:

I try to avoid Navigator like the plague due to what has happened here with how software updates were handled with the ODN 5.2 black guide upgrade. Time Warner Cable added startover/lookback to the iGuide boxes in North Texas here in July so all of our boxes support startover/lookback and caller id on tv. Startover and lookback with iGuide could use some tweaks such as the time being added to the info bar when you press info in a show that you started over and bookmarks for shows you started over.

I have seen a lot of comments about the black guide upgrade. Interestingly, my Navigator guide is white on grey (not black). I find it easy to read. In fact, the guide is very nice to use with the category filter option. However, there is no way to change the color like in iGuide.

David

Johnboy58

join:2011-06-20
reply to BHNtechXpert

I would like to see added...

1. A 16x9 GUI for the Cisco 8742hdc (4x3) is an eyesore.

2. Have the ethernet lan on the stb enabled so we can hook up our PS3/Xbox. (ala uverse).

3. 30 second skip

4. Add actors/people in search.

5. Brighthouse app for Pc's like ipad's...so i can watch tv on my laptop in the backyard,garage or in the can.lol

dabhome

Livonia, MI

said by Johnboy58:

I would like to see added...

1. A 16x9 GUI for the Cisco 8742hdc (4x3) is an eyesore.

2. Have the ethernet lan on the stb enabled so we can hook up our PS3/Xbox. (ala uverse).

3. 30 second skip

4. Add actors/people in search.

5. Brighthouse app for Pc's like ipad's...so i can watch tv on my laptop in the backyard,garage or in the can.lol

uVerse provides a wireless router with their modem. In my BH area (livonia) they offered a wireless router for a couple of bucks a month. You might want to check with your area BH.

David

wbrightfl7

Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

I would like to see the option to make programming changes online via My Services. Add/Remove channels and packages.

Still hoping for a full screen program guide and add some color back to the guide. They can look at the TIVO, Dish and Direct guides to see what a well thought out guide looks like.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

said by wbrightfl7:

I would like to see the option to make programming changes online via My Services. Add/Remove channels and packages.

A tall order to fill...just from the package/promotion management perspective. But nonetheless a solid idea...thanks!
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Satch

Most know my number 1. But I now have a top three:

1.) Keyword Search for the keyboard that defaults to "All" instances of anything being typed into the search results.

2.) A DVR with 4-6 tuners, which allows multi-room subscribers that ability to see what programs are on what units.

3.) A Guide Filter that expands from the Time Grid Filter to the Search screens.

Satch

kfsutops
Premium
join:2002-08-19
Tampa, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by wbrightfl7:

A tall order to fill...just from the package/promotion management perspective. But nonetheless a solid idea...thanks!

It's not "that" tall of an order. Verizon does it. Brighthouse doesn't want to do this type of stuff because they are constantly changing "promotions" and don't want to put the work in to update it somewhere on a website.

It can be done. If it is wanted to be done. Brighthouse doesn't do it because they don't want to make it easy for customers to downgrade service.
--
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"