share rss forum feed view:
normal

Frank
is chilling
Premium
join:2000-11-03
somewhere
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

Considering i'm on my 4th BH DVR.

Please stop using so many refurbished boxes or at least do a better job of refurbishing them .

mbmike29

join:2012-10-27
Pendleton, IN

1 edit
reply to BHNtechXpert

Been said many times, but 16x9 guide...

eSATA not disabled on capable devices. I don't care if it's "officially" supported, but if a device has a port, it shouldn't be disabled.

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

Chiller HD apparently has indeed launched and I really would like this channel Gary.

Sundance HD is small potatoes compared to it although it would be great to have both in my HD section.

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Sitting on a couch and not too mobile, I was thinking I'd like to watch something on the DVR, but not in the room where it is. I know if I had and paid for Whole House DVR I could do it with a TV there, but this is what I'd like....

Since my iPad can watch BHN TV and program the DVR, why not an app that will PLAY BACK DVR content? BHN already knows how to access my DVR, so finding it shouldn't be that hard?
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

said by ispalten:

Sitting on a couch and not too mobile, I was thinking I'd like to watch something on the DVR, but not in the room where it is. I know if I had and paid for Whole House DVR I could do it with a TV there, but this is what I'd like....

Since my iPad can watch BHN TV and program the DVR, why not an app that will PLAY BACK DVR content? BHN already knows how to access my DVR, so finding it shouldn't be that hard?

Why aren't you mobile Irv... did you hurt yourself?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

See IM.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Got it...

LoganRollo

join:2013-01-02
Millbrook, AL
reply to BHNtechXpert

My answer would be to offer 'A La Carte' pricing. Allow me to choose what channels I want to have access to and only charge for those channels. I could eliminate about 70% of the channels in the lineup that I'll never watch and shouldn't have to subscribe to. It should offer more customer satisfaction and potentially greater subscription to pay channels like HBO and to pay-per-view.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

My big request remains the same,

Allowing the keyboard Search system to search by keywords by default (and nothing else.), Make the keyboard "B-Button" search system Google-like where you key in anything, (Title, Person, or Thing) and TWC/BHN finds exactly the programing you want.

This update would make the keyboard experience more meaningful for the customer. Title searches only on the keyboard are too restrictive for three reasons:

1.) Users have to know exactly the program they are seeking.

2.) Title Search is too hard for sports programs, because the current keyboard allows only the ability to search by the name of the sport, not the playing team.

3.) Title Search does not allow for topic searches. In Navigator, the customer cannot search for any shows about "Chocolate", "France", "birds", "Al Pachino." Adding keyword search would allow the customer to search for anything they wanted. Keyword Searches also allows the customer to find a hidden treasure of a program, that by using Title Search, they would have missed.

Keyword search solves the problematic issues illustrated by the above examples.

Happy New Year!

Satch

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

Impement Netflix OpenConnect CDN and Hardware Please

Bright House Networks. Please Implement The Netflix OpenConnect CDN and Open Connect Appliance Hardware Local Storage for the Tampa FL BHN IP Core Network.

pops

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Yeah, I'd like to use the new Netflix features.

Cent Fl HD

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a prohaduct, feature or make a change...

If I was CEO I would invest in developing a better DVR and upgrade the software. I would like a DVR that has more recording power, the ability to record more then two shows at a time and a better guide, one that fills the television screen and is in HD.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

As others have mentioned, a new DVR that is capable that has more than 2 tuners would be great. With the implentation of whole house DVR, more recording power would be welcomed for many. I don't know if this is already in the works, but between the hopper (DISH) and the genie (DTV) .. BHN's DVR technology is falling behind a bit.

cfl_user

@rr.com

Please move most popular (if not all) national HD channels to QAM channels. Don't require a box to receive cable channels. Why should I be required to have a box on my TV to receive the Golf channel and some ESPN channels?

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

There's been quite a bit of talk about scrambling all of the channels, even locals. So while you'd like to have all those QAM it's not going to happen and soon every TV you have will need a box.

cfl_user

@rr.com

said by Nayan:

There's been quite a bit of talk about scrambling all of the channels, even locals. So while you'd like to have all those QAM it's not going to happen and soon every TV you have will need a box.

Yea, I'm trying to figure out why when TV tuners exist in the TV. Maybe it is too easy for service to be stolen, and boxes are the service provider's solution?

Will the FCC allow the scrambling of local channels?? I wouldn't think so...but big companies many times do get their way.

Nayan

Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Actually yes. The FCC ruled that Comcast (and other providers) can scramble the locals and require each of your TV's to need a box for service.

scaglionec

join:2012-10-02
Spring Hill, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

I still would like to see Showtime Anytime. Our family uses HBOGo and love it! Many local competitive providers are now providing Showtime Anytime (see attached) but unfortunately Brighthouse is not among them.

We're standing alongside DISH right now by not having Showtime Anytime. I mean, it could be worse, we haven't been DISHed out of AMC or anything, so we can be thankful for that. I just don't want to see any DISHing going on, you know?

On-demand gives us approximately 20 options, which is DISH... but Showtime Anytime gives us about 140 from all I can tell. On-demand, usually we can only watch the most current season of the series ie; Homeland, Dexter, etc... whereas Anytime would allow us to watch the entire series.

Were it not for HBOGo, I likely would not have subscribed to HBO so it was a make or break feature for me. There is potential that both Brighthouse and Showtime stand to gain a lot of profit assuming there are more customers who are looking for new ways to access their premium content ie; Computer, Tablets, Phones or even customers who find the libraries of Anytime/Go more extensive than the options offered by On-demand programming.

DISHing. V. The act of performing a DISH Network like maneuver.
DISHed. V. Past Tense. To have had a DISH Network-like action occur.
DISH. A company which thought they would be fine without Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and Mad Men but realized they were wrong and smoothed things over. Synonymous with unintelligent.

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

Wouldn't it be totally awesome if BHN had like an irc chat room. Then we could all hang out in the chat room and talk about services and geek stuff like routers and computers and chat in real time. Just a thought
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5

Nayan

Melbourne, FL

Then I'd never get any housework done!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Guide_Tim

said by Guide_Tim:

Wouldn't it be totally awesome if BHN had like an irc chat room. Then we could all hang out in the chat room and talk about services and geek stuff like routers and computers and chat in real time. Just a thought

This is to the both of you. I'm exploring how this might work...we have one on our gaming website btw at »tampa.bhngaming.com/ and I may do something there...thing is to keep it manned 24/7 would suck the life out of me...remember I'm one guy
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House

Let me know if I can help. My computer is always on and my mIRC scripts are always in a chat room. I have been an owner/host in rooms since 2003, and I'm also a Guide in our networks Help Desk lol
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BHNtechXpert

I went to that link and my mind is blown. I had no idea BHN did a LAN party. I will so be there this year. That is so awesome!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by GeNomer:

I went to that link and my mind is blown. I had no idea BHN did a LAN party. I will so be there this year. That is so awesome!

Yup....
--

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Guide_Tim:

This is to the both of you. I'm exploring how this might work...we have one on our gaming website btw at »tampa.bhngaming.com/ and I may do something there...thing is to keep it manned 24/7 would suck the life out of me...remember I'm one guy

hire me over there, ill help

amaurib

join:2013-02-06
Deland, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

In order

1 -A custom internet package with faster upload speed.(50/40) They could even meter the upload bandwidth and charge extra on those who abuse it...

2 - A la carte Pricing or better tv programming. I hate when I turn on the tv and start looking for something interesting to watch and found nothing out of almost 300 channels.... I always end up on discovery or history channel.... Thats when I remember how much i pay monthly just to watch Discovery/History Channel.

3 - A User Friendly DVR GUI and better search function.

4 - Ability to record a show from non DVR boxes when you have full DVR package.

5 - Same as number one.

Nayan

Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

I just got back from the office with a nice new DVR. The things I wish we had were more storage and the ability to record more than one channel at a time. Either that or convince the networks to not put everything that I like on at the same time .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

You do have the ability to record more than one channel at a time...

Nayan

Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

But I can't record as many as I need . I have 4 things (well, 5 actually) pretty much at the same time on Sunday and while I can record a couple of them later at night it's be nice to record them all at once while I watch boxing...err, I mean hockey.

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to amaurib

said by amaurib:

internet package with faster upload speed.

This.