join:2001-02-04
Albuquerque, NM

1 edit

2 recommendations

denb45 to pjhofmann

Premium Member

to pjhofmann

Re: New XM Online GUI

It's a downgrade to what they use to have, the new-player is ACC-64bit Flash-player and NOT WMA-128bit Player, like it use to be, it sounds awful to me, and instead I just use this one, if you still want and miss the WMA-128bit stream, it works w/ both Sirius or XM whatever you subscribe to HERE IT IS:

»www.xmtuner.net/

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

WOW!!

denb45, i want to take a moment and say thank you for pointing me to that application. it's most awesome.
Harddrive

Harddrive to denb45

Premium Member

to denb45

Re: New XM Online GUI

so now that even the website for xmtuner.net is offline (the single guy doing all the work didn't have the time to update the software after the channel changes), is there any alternative player software out there besides that crappy GUI player from SXM?

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

Even afer the channel changes in early May XMTuner still works for me, though you have to look at the icon to find the channel rather than the heading in the channel list.

xmtuner.net is up for me btw.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

well for channels that switch to a channel that wasn't already programmed, such as Octane 48 -> 37, you lose out. there is no way to get that channel to play.

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

Touche, I never listen to any channel that wasn't programmed before. Hopefully the author can get around to it when his time permits.