how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LonghornXP

join:2005-08-27
Largo, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

To ISPGeek. Remember that part of being a CEO is understanding your competitors strengths and weaknesses. The most important job of a CEO is also understanding your customers. This includes what they like and don't like about you, what they like about other companies services etc.

To be honest some experts say that the most important job of any CEO is what I posted above. My posts were focused on how I as a CEO for a day would look at things. Any CEO cannot nitpick on specific issues. You need to look at the bigger picture and try to balance the best you can the many conflicts that you would be faced with. As you said many of our issues with cable companies are very subjective (ie ESPN and other channels value etc) and as you also said no right answer exists. That is why the position of a CEO is so highly valued because it's the CEO's job to pick each avenue that would cost the least amount of customer harm. This is much more of an art and requires experience and a core understanding of your customers and the market.

So to finish this off as CEO for a day my focus is going to be about understanding my customers and the market and sticking with a core ideal which in my case is that you need to position yourself as being a leader. Always adding new channels, making sure channels don't go off the air even if it costs more money etc. While this next part is off topic just remember that all cable companies today have no problem making us pay a large premium for just the 15 or so channels we really want. The rest of them we don't care about. Now which 15 channels on average is dependent from customer to customer.

So to keep with the spirit of this thread (even though I believe I did) "if" I had to pick "one" thing as a CEO I guess I would pick the option below.

"YOU ONLY PAY FOR THE CHANNELS AND SERVICES YOU WANT"

You want ESPN it costs 5.50/month. You don't want ESPN...well you don't pay it. Now as a CEO for a day I don't believe it has any chance of working because of pricing but at the same time it would set my company apart from everyone else and we don't know if it can work until we try.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by LonghornXP:

"YOU ONLY PAY FOR THE CHANNELS AND SERVICES YOU WANT"

You want ESPN it costs 5.50/month. You don't want ESPN...well you don't pay it. Now as a CEO for a day I don't believe it has any chance of working because of pricing but at the same time it would set my company apart from everyone else and we don't know if it can work until we try.

Okay so let's put LonghornXP down for:

Al a Carte Pricing

As his CEO decision of the day and request. Thank you!
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope