All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

ruxi
join:2009-02-24
Winter Park, FL

ruxi to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

I'd offer a business-class service through my residential group. A "work at home" package -- something with an SLA, automatic "tier 2" support, and priority dispatches when onsite service is required. Obviously there'd be a hefty premium for such an offering, with with so many people relying on their Internet connection to make a living these days, it might be a popular option.

I'd just like the convenience of keeping everything bundled on my home bill, rather than having business service for my Internet and residential service for the TV.
Allitnil
join:2011-02-08
Tampa, FL

Allitnil

1. Being able to completely integrate multiple dvrs/converters together. e.g, delete/schedule recordings from any box in the house, if one box runs out of room system is smart enough to have the other box take over recording if room available, able to pause live tv from a non-dvr box

2. Smartphone apps to manage dvr schedule and stream what you've recorded to your smartphone.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ruxi

Premium Member

to ruxi
said by ruxi:

I'd offer a business-class service through my residential group. A "work at home" package -- something with an SLA, automatic "tier 2" support, and priority dispatches when onsite service is required. Obviously there'd be a hefty premium for such an offering, with with so many people relying on their Internet connection to make a living these days, it might be a popular option.

I'd just like the convenience of keeping everything bundled on my home bill, rather than having business service for my Internet and residential service for the TV.

BHN already offers this feature. While you set-up with business class your account remains residential but you get the benefits of being a business class customer with improved SLA etc.
LonghornXP
join:2005-08-27
Largo, FL

LonghornXP

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by ruxi:

BHN already offers this feature. While you set-up with business class your account remains residential but you get the benefits of being a business class customer with improved SLA etc.

Wow I didn't know you could setup business class service with a residential account. Just wondering if the Service Level Agreement can be customized on a case-by-case basis or is it just a standard boiler template. I know a few people with home consulting businesses that get DSL Business class. This could save them money and provide faster speeds. I don't have a need for this now but I wish I would have known this a couple of years ago. Well I could have always asked but what can I do. I think one person is stuck with business phone (bundled with business DSL) so they might be interested in switching all services over.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Allitnil

Premium Member

to Allitnil
said by Allitnil:

1. Being able to completely integrate multiple dvrs/converters together. e.g, delete/schedule recordings from any box in the house, if one box runs out of room system is smart enough to have the other box take over recording if room available, able to pause live tv from a non-dvr box

2. Smartphone apps to manage dvr schedule and stream what you've recorded to your smartphone.

Lane part 2 of your great suggestion is already available minus the streaming part. Visit the Myservcies section at »www.brighthouse.com
Allitnil
join:2011-02-08
Tampa, FL

Allitnil

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Allitnil:

Lane part 2 of your great suggestion is already available minus the streaming part. Visit the Myservcies section at »www.brighthouse.com

Yeah I know you can manage it thru the website, but I meant an actual dedicated app designed for iPhone/Android phones so we don't have to go to the mobile webpage (e.g. Netflix app versus logging in via the Netflix website)
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Allitnil:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Allitnil:

Yeah I know you can manage it thru the website, but I meant an actual dedicated app designed for iPhone/Android phones so we don't have to go to the mobile webpage (e.g. Netflix app versus logging in via the Netflix website)

Gotcha that makes sense.