badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Since no one had volunteered I have tagged Robs440 and waiting to hear back from him.

robs440
Premium Member
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

2 recommendations

robs440

Premium Member

Well I’m not much of one for giving info over the internet but let's see what we can do.

Used to live in the mountains most of my life, now I am living in the unbelievably humid south east. I was a working mechanic for years on cars, trucks, and heavy equipment back in the good old days. but working as an automotive consultant for several years now, which for obvious reason means using the hell out of a camera. unfortunately the various companies i work for are more interested in photo documenting damage and wear, and getting it down quickly...and small enough that it doesn’t slow down their servers, since there is about 500 guys across the country also doing it. I sometimes get an interesting job, and go out of my way to take the shots the way i want regardless of the way the company wants them!

But i get the weekends to take decent stuff, with an occasion to shoot something unusual during the day while out on the road such as gators sitting across the parking lot from me or a frog hiding in the back of an SUV. Sometimes however i think i need another memory card just for that so i don’t mix them up with my work shots!

I still have a Yashica 35MM SLR in the closet I break out once or twice a year for certain car shows, but haven’t found a decent developer here. I used the hell out of that thing when I first started this job in 1991; you know….back in the BDC dinosaur days (Before Digital Cameras). But in those days I needed more than 12 exposures and less than 24. I’m sure you old timers remember film rolls sold that way! I found a local retailer that sold custom made rolls cut in 18, 27, and 39 exposure rolls. The 18s were awesome for my job back then. Now a days most customer want a minimum of 30 shots, and we use an internet enabled PDA to upload the shots right from the job sight.

My my how times have changed!
49528867 (banned)
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 recommendation

49528867 (banned)

said by robs440:

I still have a Yashica 35MM SLR in the closet I break out once or twice a year for certain car shows, but haven’t found a decent developer here. My my how times have changed!

If you don't mind mailing your work these folks are great.

»www.dalelabs.com/

Wayne

robs440
Premium Member
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

robs440

Premium Member

my works not good enough to justify the expense