uniqs

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to DrModem

to DrModem

Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 2

Posted the same thoughts while I was gathering notes. Seems we're mostly on the same page.

> I think at least having batman and joker as independents makes sense within the batman theme.

Balance wise I don't think it makes sense. One is probably mafia and one independent. A timed agenda is something I've only seen on a thirdparty role. But, if batman is mafia, he's a dumbass for killing theRul, since he had pretty obviously crumbed that role.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

[]vote:dez[/b]
»Re: [game] I'm Batman!

1) interesting, how did therul know for sure that players do not know what character they are.

2) dez crumbed bomber/joker. Any chance joker is pro-town?

3) my hunch is that batman / joker are NPCs (why I voted dez) but this is wild speculation.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

said by AVD:

2) Any chance joker is pro-town?

I think that might be flavor. We (town) are the criminals and Batman/goodguys are the "mafia".

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to AVD

to AVD
said by AVD:

1) interesting, how did therul know for sure that players do not know what character they are.

3) my hunch is that batman / joker are NPCs (why I voted dez) but this is wild speculation.

Complete FUD and epic fail on the vote.

All Kris games have been played this way for a while.. We get the flavor text, but not the aligned role.. It's an anti breaking way to set up the games, which has been the norm here for a while.. The antagonists might know, but the protagonists likely won't.

I think the joker is thirdparty, with a time limit as I've simply never seen anything other than a technical win for mafia, but I have seen third party win conditions.

Additionally, why the kill on Ekster? Seemed mostly harmless, although the role said otherwise to mafia.. Why? It was the only claimed, provable role at the time.

Summary: IMO, Joker is third party and has to get five kills or live for five days (???), but if he hits batman, he done, so he's making safe kills.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to AVD

MVM

to AVD
you misread my crumb sir.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
If the rest of town has bad guy roles, batman and sidekicks would be mafia? I don't know my DC comics enough to decipher an identity from my role description, so I can't tell if I'm a hero or villain..... Actually, I think I might know who I am and if I'm right it is a villain.

So, (ostensibly) town is all villains, batty & friends are mafia, joker is third party. Am I missing something? Just thinking out loud trying to make sure I understand what we're facing.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Dezbend

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

You also clarified that your actual role could be read as a town role correct?

ref: »Re: [game] I'm Batman!
Gomez

Gomez to Prevailer

to Prevailer
said by Prevailer:

If the rest of town has bad guy roles, batman and sidekicks would be mafia? I don't know my DC comics enough to decipher an identity from my role description, so I can't tell if I'm a hero or villain..... Actually, I think I might know who I am and if I'm right it is a villain.

So, (ostensibly) town is all villains, batty & friends are mafia, joker is third party. Am I missing something? Just thinking out loud trying to make sure I understand what we're facing.

Yes.. that's the way things are adding up to me..

Open to any discussion on the thoughts.
Gomez

Gomez

said by Gomez:

said by Dezbend:

Found it: »Re: [game] I'm Batman!

Vote AVD For FUD and using data points that have already been explained.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Gomez

MVM

to Gomez
said by Gomez:

said by Dezbend:

my role pm says "you are the blank "

the word in the blank is a new custom made mafia role for this game, but ironically it is also a very minor character in a DC comic.

so the stuff I was saying day one was mistaken.

I do win with the town. I do not know my character name.

does this clarify what you wanted me to clarify?

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

That just aligns with my thoughts that Kris sets his games up with anonymous protagonist roles. I was over it when you posted the clarification.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I thought we had all agreed on most of this stuff already. Let's go back and revisit AVD's FUD though.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

I feel comfortable with an AVD vote. This days FUD coupled with a few things from yesterday make it a good starting place.

Vote: AVD

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 7

Archivis - 1 - Krisnatharok (L-6)
AVD - 2 - Gomez, Meningitis (L-5)
Dezbend - 1 - AVD (L-6)

Players not voting: Archivis, BigReds42, chlen, Dezbend, DrModem, navyet2sw, ProtusMose, tmodelt

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

said by Gomez:

said by Dezbend:

my role pm says "you are the blank "

the word in the blank is a new custom made mafia role for this game, but ironically it is also a very minor character in a DC comic.

so the stuff I was saying day one was mistaken.

I do win with the town. I do not know my character name.

does this clarify what you wanted me to clarify?

sorry, I was mistaken. I forgot you clarified this in day one. I'm on vacation so I am in relaxation mode, not deep thought mode.

unvote

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Vote: AVD

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to AVD

to AVD
why are you back pedaling now that the attention is on you?

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
Son of a bitch I'm home sick again.... bronchitis now. I thought it was a good idea to run a 5K and hang out with a girl when I was just getting better, and she had a cough but somehow I overlooked it...

Damn.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Just because you aren't sick doesn't mean you don't need recovery time still, lol.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
Saratoga, NY

chlen

Premium Member

said by DrModem:

Just because you aren't sick doesn't mean you don't need recovery time still, lol.

My own damn...fault, I know.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Doesn't being at home mean you have more time to dick around?

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
OK, I am here today, been busy as hell, we have dicked up security groups for our share drive here at work, so i am non stop on the phone or adding and removing people. grrr stupid people.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
Saratoga, NY

chlen to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Doesn't being at home mean you have more time to dick around?

I cant knock down my fever, so crawl on the PC for a few min...and hit the bed all day.

Got to go see a doc at 4. I just can't look at screens for long...

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Woah.. slow down.. can't keep up

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to tmodelt

Premium Member

to tmodelt
said by tmodelt:

why are you back pedaling now that the attention is on you?

Oh please, I made a silly mistake, why is everyone making a capital case out of it.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

Let's review:
said by AVD:

1) It's been discussed an-nausuem about how Kris sets up games.

2) That's been clarified to a degree.. and why the Joker in this setup would crumb the fact they are joker is beyond me. Basically same for a bomb.

3) Some theories on the setup have been put forth, and there is some consensus on it, although some questions remain. Yet, you declare the prime anti factions (Yes, some of us believe there are two, with balance questions), are, in fact, NPC's..

It's also contradictory to question Dez claiming Joker in #2 when you put forth the theory that Joker is NPC in #3.

It's FUD x4, not just a "a silly mistake".

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to AVD

to AVD
man seriously you expect us to let all your crap slide? I think you need to give a little more than it is a "silly" mistake, sounds like the talk of the joker to me.
vote:Avd

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 7

Archivis - 1 - Krisnatharok (L-6)
AVD - 4 - Gomez, Meningitis, Archivis, tmodelt (L-3)

Players not voting: AVD, BigReds42, chlen, Dezbend, DrModem, navyet2sw, ProtusMose

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

vote: AVD

I have been on the fence, but when I consider my options I don't have an alternative vote.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
I seem to be totally lost in this game due to RL issues at work, and i am trying my best to keep up and pay attention. have a 3 day weekend, so everything should calm down next week, and i can particiapate more.

so for now, i am just going to help the wagon keep rolling, until i can catch up and see if there is anything else that sticks out.

vote avd

sorry about the wagon vote, i usually don't but just trying to get some things moving so maybe i wont' be lost.