share rss forum feed

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

said by BHNtechXpert:

I left the dish environment right as HD came into being so I never got a chance to see that. We have Dish at our house in the mountains and next time I'm out there I'll take a look. Honestly never noticed before. Interesting concept.

Any idea why all HD channels are listed in 1000s? Is there some sort of limitation to them doing it the same as DTV?

DirecTV would simply have two channel 2s listed, one being SD and one being HD. I believe Dish Network was the same. I often wondered why BHN didn't do it this way and figured there was probably some reasoning behind it.

solarX

@rr.com
That feature is currently available....but only on certain channels.... On those channels with the ENHANCED Feature, If you press SELECT and that channel is also in HD....Or SD...it will display...you can Highlite it and press Select. Having written that, I would also prefer it just show on the Guide.....less steps to manage.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
^ thats not the same as he is talking about with the satellite

Im not sure why they dont do it, I cant see a reason as far as space or ability goes. Verizons is the same way ours is, I dont really get it but I doubt there going to change it at this point. People get pissed enough when you change one little thing.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
said by tim tim tim:

^ thats not the same as he is talking about with the satellite

Im not sure why they dont do it, I cant see a reason as far as space or ability goes. Verizons is the same way ours is, I dont really get it but I doubt there going to change it at this point. People get pissed enough when you change one little thing.

I just can't understand what the thought process was when this was thought up originally. I mean I can't think of any reason this way is "better" than just combining SD/HD channels on the guide.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:161
Sorry I can't answer that one Gigahurtz....sorry. I'll try to see if there is an answer to it however. Might take a day or two.