spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cablesmurfet
@cgocable.net

cablesmurfet

Anon

Question about recording

I have a DCT 6200. Yesterday I noticed a message come up when I tried to change the channel. It said "recording in progress" cancel or continue. I canceled because it wasn't letting me change the channel. How can a DCT 6200 record? It doesn't have a PVR.

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

IIRC, the DCT 6200 series can record to a VCR with an IR blaster and auxiliary output (similarly to Rogers' old Scientific Atlanta boxes). That's why it doesn't let you change channels.

cablesmurfet
@cgocable.net

cablesmurfet

Anon

What does IIRC stand for, and also my DCT 6200 is not hooked up to a VCR.
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8 to cablesmurfet

Premium Member

to cablesmurfet
If I re call

if you don't have a VCR it might have been a reminder set

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle to cablesmurfet

to cablesmurfet
said by cablesmurfet :

What does IIRC stand for, and also my DCT 6200 is not hooked up to a VCR.

If I Recall, and it doesn't have to be hooked up to a VCR to record like that (it doesn't know whether it is or isn't hooked up).
Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

Marcer

Premium Member

The "record" feature on the non PVR boxes is designed to allow a user to record programs with a third party recorder (Be it a VCR, DVD recorder, HD recorder or HTPC*). The feature ensures the box powers on and tunes to the correct channel for the program selected. For example if you want to record Global @ 8:00pm but you're not home, you select the program in the guide and hit record. At 8:00pm your DCT will power on and change to channel 3.

(*HTPC = Home Theater PC)
dan991199
join:2007-10-01
St Catharines, ON

dan991199 to cablesmurfet

to cablesmurfet
If i remember correctly

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to cablesmurfet

to cablesmurfet
IIRC is "if I recall correctly", not "re call".
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8

Premium Member

i couldnt figure out the C so i just figured somebody split it up for ease of use or something

csomerville
Premium Member
join:2011-01-07
San Antonio, TX

csomerville to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
Not to be pedantic, IIRC is also commonly interpreted as "If I Remember Correctly".

cablesmurfet
@cgocable.net

cablesmurfet to Marcer

Anon

to Marcer
My DCT 6200 is not hooked up to any external recording devices of any kind (be they VCRs, DVRs, etc). I have not activated any reminder sets.

shwing
A Sphincter Says What ?
join:2002-11-14

shwing to cablesmurfet

to cablesmurfet
Internal Infra Red Connection?

jeisenberg
New Year's Eve
join:2001-07-06
Windsor, ON

jeisenberg to cablesmurfet

to cablesmurfet
Back in the day, it seems there was an initialization code that was typed onto the remote control to "turn on" the recorder-compatibility mode. If you check the programming guide for the remote, you may find a way to disable that feature, and then you won't have to worry about this anymore.