spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hatdude
@rr.com

Hatdude

Anon

Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

My problem now is finding someone at Tier 3 that can actually configure the Ubee for bridge mode. I've talked to three reps so far and they don't have a clue. Anyone have any names of someone in tier 3 who can help?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Where are you?

Hob

Hatdude
@rr.com

Hatdude

Anon

So sorry, I should have stated my location in my original post. Austin, Texas.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I cant help with Texas Tier 3 numbers.
Sorry

Try the Direct Forum they will help.

»/fo ··· erdirect

Hob
klabarre
join:2002-11-26
Dripping Springs, TX

klabarre

Thanks hobgoblin. I've posted in the direct forum with no response as of yet. A tech is coming out this afternoon and I'm planning on not letting him leave (literally) until he gets someone to configure the modem properly. Otherwise I'll be back on the standard service by end-of-day. TWC's service is the worst I've seen. If they don't know what they're doing, they need to give me the power to do it myself.
webscathe
join:2011-02-23
Utica, NY

webscathe to Hatdude

to Hatdude
I'm working on this tonight myself. Are you able to log in to it? I have the same device and using 'user' for both U&P gets me access to it... just not sure what I need to change. There is a section under Advanced Gateway called Pass Through. It allows you to enter MAC addresses for pass through. The description for the page says:

"This page allows configuration of pass through table, the device in pass through table will be treated as bridge device."

I'm wondering if this works just by putting the MAC of the WAN port on my personal router or if there's something more to configure... about to give it a shot.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

»[TWC] Upgrade to TWC wideband resulted in downgrade to NAT'd IP

Hob
webscathe
Utica, NY

webscathe

Thanks for the link! Looks like I'm in the same boat with the semi-limited menu. So is there a different u/p combo or do I really just need to get TWC on the phone?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

There is a different user name/Password. You need to call.

Hob
webscathe
Utica, NY

webscathe

Wow, that "Tier 3" line really is like magic lol... took a couple transfers (first person transferred me to someone who didn't service this particular modem, but she got me to the right place) and it's in bridge mode now and my router's working like a champ with it!

Thanks again Hob!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by webscathe:

Wow, that "Tier 3" line really is like magic lol... took a couple transfers (first person transferred me to someone who didn't service this particular modem, but she got me to the right place) and it's in bridge mode now and my router's working like a champ with it!

Thanks again Hob!

Good to hear!

Hob
ravex911
join:2011-03-05
Austin, TX

ravex911 to Hatdude

to Hatdude
I am also in Austin. Were you able to put the UBEE 3611 in bridge mode? I spoke to TW Tier 3 and they had no clude. Problem seems that they do not have the MSO user/pass as of yet. Hopefully u did bette rthan I did, and if so, could you spread the info.

Hatdude
@rr.com

Hatdude

Anon

They would not do it remotely and required that a technician come to the house. Problem is the tech showed up and looked at me blankly and said "I don't know how to do that". I got him to call in and of course the guy on the other end had no clue either. He finally got to someone that kind of knew what should be done and after ~15 attempts he got in and made the change.

This would have been 1000% easier if they just gave the login credentials to the customer. The admin login does not give you all *that* much more capability.
Doughnut
join:2008-09-12

Doughnut

Huh. That was more than they offered me. I'm in San Antonio, TX. I just got the Ubee DDW3611 modem about 3 days ago when I moved my service to my new house. When I called into tech support to get it put into bridged mode I was immediately escalated up to tier 3. I had to wait on hold for about 20-30 minutes for the tier 3 tech, only to be told that they don't support bridged mode and will not change it over. I then opened a topic in the Time Warner Direct forum to ask if it was possible for me to just purchase my own DOCSIS 3 modem and use that instead. The answer was no, but that they'll escalate my issue to the local office to contact me to change the setting over. Going onto two days, still no call.

The modem itself has surprisingly robust hardware, it almost makes me want to use it... but there are just some key features that are missing from it that I get with my current router, such as bandwidth monitoring, VPN services, and VLAN support. Also, I haven't been able to test out the wireless on the modem because the install tech took the antennas with him for some reason...

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Might as well give Time Warner a call about the Antenna replacements then, if the tech took them along with him. Otherwise, the Ubee modem might use standard Reverse SMA Antennas, so if you have any sitting around from an older router you could try attaching them.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

1 recommendation

ke4pym to Hatdude

Premium Member

to Hatdude
I've been told that using this link will help you switch it

»192.168.0.1/TlModeChange.asp

This may, or may not, work for you. Change the IP to match your cable modem's internal interface.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Works if you know the Login.

Hob
Doughnut
join:2008-09-12

Doughnut to Hatdude

to Hatdude
And I'm fairly certain that the login username is not admin. You have the option of changing your user login name, and I assume that it wouldn't let you pick an existing username on the system. It's also not root.
TWCdude
join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX

2 edits

1 recommendation

TWCdude

Click for full size
It's under tools then operation mode.

benjiprice
@rr.com

benjiprice

Anon

Is there a way to put the modem back in NAT mode after having switched to bridge? I tried to reset it but I think it's still in bridge mode... At least I can't access 192.168.0.1.
TWCdude
join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude

probably need to hard code your IP to 192.168.0.xxx and try that

benjiprice
@grandenetworks.net

benjiprice

Anon

I did another reset and I'm able to ping 192.168.0.1 but I don't get a response but I can't log into the web interface.

I have [ubee]--[apple airport in nat mode]--laptop.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Works if you know the Login.

Hob

At least here in Charlotte, no login is necessary.

JamesUtz
@rr.com

JamesUtz to ke4pym

Anon

to ke4pym
Thanks for the link to get to the menu to put the Ubee device in Bridge Mode. I used it on mine and the login on my unit was:
Login: user
Password: user
I just got my upgrade to RoadRunner Extreme yesterday (Austin Area), and I couldn't get my FTP access to work. Now that it is in Bridge Mode, it works fine.
dobie2564
join:2008-10-20
Myrtle Beach, SC

dobie2564 to benjiprice

to benjiprice
said by benjiprice :

Is there a way to put the modem back in NAT mode after having switched to bridge? I tried to reset it but I think it's still in bridge mode... At least I can't access 192.168.0.1.

Try the address 192.168.100.1 Should be reachable while in bridge mode.

Thanks
@rr.com

Thanks to ke4pym

Anon

to ke4pym
said by ke4pym:

I've been told that using this link will help you switch it

»192.168.0.1/TlModeChange.asp

This may, or may not, work for you. Change the IP to match your cable modem's internal interface.

My install just finished, and I looked through every page of the interface to try to turn all this stuff off. This link worked exactly like its stated. Just wanted to say thanks.
brianadkins
join:2011-03-19

brianadkins to Hatdude

to Hatdude
Just wanted to say thanks... I just had my TW WideBand router installed and the tech was clueless as to what bridge mode was... So we just set up up as double-nat and I told him I was good.

After he left, I found this thread and was able to set it to bridge mode using the user/user credentials and then accessing the 'secret' URL mentioned above since my tools menu had no 'operational mode' link.

After setting the device to bridge mode, things got a lot simpler for my airport extreme router... Amazingly, I even have the original IP address that I had before the new modem.

Also, I had to resort to using the 192.168.100.1 IP address to access the modem after setting up bridge mode (all of this is covered above).

thanks again!

-Brian
Apex, NC

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

I'm having Signature Home installed on Monday with all of the stuff including their dual-band wireless router (hey, it's free hardware! I'll take it!).

Am I going to have to worry about putting the cable modem in bridge mode?

RWild
Them Or Us
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Cary, NC

RWild

Premium Member

You only need to put the cable modem into bridge mode if you already have a router that you want to continue to use.

The Ubee modem/router has wireless and four ethernet ports, which takes care of many people's needs.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Cool, thanks. I'm going to have a lot of questions to ask the person who's going to be installing it for me tomorrow morning.

I want to know all the details on all of the features this router is going to have in it.