Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nixer

join:2011-12-10
Laurinburg, NC
reply to Hatdude

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

I got my Extreme Wideband service connected yesterday and I have a question for anyone. Currently, I have:

Question #1: While the technician was here, I logged in as user/user to enable the bridge mode, but I would like to access more administration functions by using the other admin login information. Is there any way to logout from the current user/user login, and then login again? I do not see a logout link anywhere. Maybe, the logout function is buried and not seen? Does anyone have a link that will logout the user account?

Thanks to everyone for this forum thread. It has been very, very helpful.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6

I know in chrome if you close your browser it will log you out other than that you can clear your cookies. If your modem is in bridge mode there really isn't anything extra to see. The most things that are hidden to the user account are for the wifi configuration.

»192.168.100.1/wifiAdvanced.asp
»192.168.100.1/wifiBridging.asp
»192.168.100.1/wifiWmm.asp
And if your lucky
»192.168.100.1/wifiGuestNetwork.asp

And of course to change the modem mode:
»192.168.100.1/TlModeChange.asp

If you aren't in bridge mode just replace the 100 with a 0 or a 1.

HWoodruff

@unc.edu
reply to DelmarPip

said by MyDogHsFleas:

In the future please state the actual problem you are having (i.e. "my wifi power off isn't working") instead of some other derivative issue (i.e. "how to I get TWC to push a firmware update"). It will help us help you.

That said, I had no problem at all disabling my Ubee WiFi (just changed the setting to "disabled"), and it is really really not on, according to inSSIDer. It shows up nowhere on the spectrum.

What makes you think the radio is still on?

said by DelmarPip:

when you look at the other page it says wifi enabled even in another page it says wifi enabled it doesnt realy shut off

Just like DelmarPip said, the web menus always say "Wireless Enabled" no matter what you do. Normally companies fix these issues in firmware updates...but then again, this is consumer level gear, not enterprise. I'll try to be more specific but usually with TWC, when I specifically ask things like, "What inbound and outbound ports are you blocking?" I don't get a very specific answer. I know people here are way better than customer no service and I appreciate that. I am A+ certified and soon network + but there is always more to learn. Glad I know hot to set this up because the installer and the other guy with him didn't know how to setup the modem in bridge mode. My neighbor who is in tech support at Cisco tried to downgrade from business class to residential to add cable and it took him 17 calls and over two hours to get TWC to do this.

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23

To disable the wireless you need to disable the auto security configuration or wps first in order to disable the primary network on the ubee.

DelmarPip

join:2011-10-15
South Padre Island, TX

Click for full size
ubee ddw3611
all of that is disabled but in other pages it always says the wireless is enabled cant be changed

nixer

join:2011-12-10
Laurinburg, NC
reply to CptGemini

Thanks CptGemini !

TWCdude

San Antonio, TX
reply to DelmarPip

need to disable it under primary network not the radio

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to HWoodruff

quote:
Just like DelmarPip said, the web menus always say "Wireless Enabled" no matter what you do. Normally companies fix these issues in firmware updates...but then again, this is consumer level gear, not enterprise.

You are just wrong, sorry. Simply disable the primary wifi network. No radio on. If you don't believe me use inSSIDer or some other tool to see if the radio's on. You do have to also disable the "automatic security configuration" as well, apparently. I had already done this. The "Enabled" on the radio tab is not saying the radio is on if the primary network is disabled.

quote:
I'll try to be more specific but usually with TWC, when I specifically ask things like, "What inbound and outbound ports are you blocking?" I don't get a very specific answer.

They don't block any ports AFAIK. Maybe 25 to stop spambots, I'm not sure. What makes you ask, anyway? Is this another assumption you are making about something, like it was with the wifi radio?

HWoodruff

@unc.edu

said by MyDogHsFleas:

You are just wrong, sorry. Simply disable the primary wifi network. No radio on. If you don't believe me use inSSIDer or some other tool to see if the radio's on. You do have to also disable the "automatic security configuration" as well, apparently. I had already done this. The "Enabled" on the radio tab is not saying the radio is on if the primary network is disabled.

They don't block any ports AFAIK. Maybe 25 to stop spambots, I'm not sure. What makes you ask, anyway? Is this another assumption you are making about something, like it was with the wifi radio?

Look you don't have to be a jerk about it. I don't even know if you work for TWC but I don't know why you are taking it personal. There are obvious bugs with the webview of settings as documented by the length of this post. And yes, if you are buying a service, you have the right to ask the limitations of the service. Since every internet communication is sent over some port, I have the right to ask if you are limiting my internet service. It seems like you are the one assuming by your response. I asked a clear and precise question and you gave me an "AFAIK", just like TWC. Yes, I can test every port myself and know for sure. It's not hidden information. Any decent tech could look this up, maybe TWCdude for the Raleigh/Durham market? The university posts their post restrictions right on a web page and yes, they are considered an ISP, just like TWC.

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bright House

From the DSLR Roadrunner FAQ (left side of forum page under Links):

Does RoadRunner block any TCP/UDP ports
--
2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa: Where Hypocrisy Meets Humidity

TWCdude

San Antonio, TX
reply to HWoodruff

The only port that I know of that we block is 25. That only gets blocked if there is an excessive amount of traffic flowing through that port. Other than that everything else is open

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to HWoodruff

I'm a jerk? You're the one who wouldn't accept the facts of my correct answer.

That's why I said, rather politely, on the 3rd time around, "You are just wrong, sorry." You are wrong about the radio being on. Deal with it, don't call the guy who's right a jerk.

And, for the 2nd time now, the web interface is not a bug, when it says "enabled" it's talking about the wifi service, not whether your local network is active with radio on. Some people don't get wifi service.

Re ports, I just gave you the best I know, and asked why you asked. I guess you asked because you have a "right" to know. Well, whatever, as the kids say. If you don't have an actual issue I guess I don't have an actual answer.

Just trying to help people out here but if you (a) don't actually describe the issue, but ask how to apply the fix you THINK will take care of the issue you don't bother to describe, and then (b) when someone asks what your actual issue is you get all snippy, well, go find your own help.

And, no, if I worked for TWC I'd be a lot nicer to customers who think they know what they are doing and insist they're right when they're not.

DelmarPip

join:2011-10-15
South Padre Island, TX
reply to HWoodruff

i heard a rumour that twc monitored the bittorent ports an if they sniffed something was up they throttled ur internet to teach you a lesson i dont know if its true or not since im a good person an dont use ilegal softwares

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX

Maybe but that's different than blocking ports. I believe TWC does reserve the right to manage traffic so they could do this. Although in most of the cases where someone complains about ISP throttling it turns out to be something in their setup.

HWoodruff

@unc.edu
reply to Beachie

said by Beachie:

From the DSLR Roadrunner FAQ (left side of forum page under Links):

Does RoadRunner block any TCP/UDP ports

Thanks Beachie, this is what I was looking for even thought it was last modified in 2005. It seems to be still pretty accurate since I know that ports 25, 80, 443, 587 are not blocked in/out in the RDU market on TWC with the Ubee DDW3611 that I have. I'm studying for network certs so I ask so I can test applications. The forums are pretty big and I was having trouble finding the info. RR tech support didn't know and pointed me to a page that only talked about outbound.

DMac1984

join:2012-01-25
Jacksonville, NC
reply to Hatdude

So I just moved to eastern North Carolina (Jacksonville) for work and I was forced to get TWC. I went with the "Wideband" 50/5 and it is amazing. I ran into drop outs and sudden disconnects as many other people have here in this thread on my first day of service. I went ahead and before I even called TWC, I setup my UBEE into bridge mode (Thanks for the help!) and set up my Apple Airport Extreme Base Station WiFi Router to handle my traffic.

I am now a full 48 hours of no interruption, good latency and no dropped packets from pingtest and 51.33 Down / 4.97 Up on speedtest.

I suggest everyone who has "Wideband" from TWC to do the same. Thanks all!!!! you have been lifesavers.

n5btr

@rr.com
reply to Hatdude

Just had Lightning" installed today, my installer and I discussed that problem with setting the UBEE modem/TA to bridge mode. He contacted someone at Brighthouse Tech support and they remotely made this correction. Happy with the speed upgrades etc.
Just FYI, they do know how to do it

RoadRunner79

join:2008-01-19
San Antonio, TX
reply to Hatdude

"upstream bonding: this just depends on how you are provisioned on your local network. If they want to bond some upstream channels they can."

My issue was not being able to even detect a wireless broadcast from DDW3611. Had to call in and got moved up to level3. They fixed it and now everything working.

After they fixed it I could see a blue light on both ends of display but now just the downstream is blue. Is there anything to gain on upload end bonded? Can it be changed to that if its better?

Thanks in advance.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

As far as I know Time Warner hasn't started upstream channel bonding here in texas. Not sure of other markets though or even if they are doing it at all.

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX

Cool after talking with TWCdude I now know it was my PS3 lighting up the gigabit port. I'm still new to this device and need to learn its bells and whistles. :thumbsup:

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX

1 edit

well set modem in bridge mode to use features in my router and while doing speedtests I'm getting half of the 30 down???

EDIT: called in and was told that south texas had issues with modems not booting back into the service. Could it be I just had the luck of bridging gateway at the time this was going on? while on the phone my speeds came back around to what they usually were.

I still want to use my router but I'm discouraged to try again and this happening all over again.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

I have always had to hard reset my router sometimes when switching modes because power cycling the modem doesnt do it for the router to get an IP.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Verizon Broadban..
·Clear Wireless
reply to DMac1984

Just moved to eastern North carolina too. Wilmington. I tried that and it still froze up and dropped service. There wasn't any configuration that wouldn't result in the loss of wifi calling on my tmo phone. (Needed here due to low signal)
Just hooked up my old motorola surfboard 6120 with my linksys e2000 router and i haven't had a drop at all. Not a fan of the ubee modems.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX
reply to CptGemini

I did that, I can go online its just the download cut in half thats the bummer. I wonder if its just my router old, its a wrt54g with dd wrt. Anybody else using this?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

A wrt54g maxes out around 15Mb. Give or take a little since its in wireless g. Get an N router and the problem will go away. I get 30Mb easy on my linksys e2000 using dd-wrt.

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX

1 edit

Thanks for replies!!!

So then the router is the weak link. laptops wireless to DDW3611 get the full speeds its just through router that download suffers. That e2000 looks pretty good.

mrchrisray

join:2012-02-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Hatdude

Hi, I've been reading quite a few forums on how to change my new Ubee DDW3611 to bridge mode so I can use my own wifi router. I can't get it to work. Can I access the Ubee myself and change things if I have the user name and password? Or do I have to call TWC tier 3 and have them do it, then I'll be able to access it?

I've read that I just need to type my IP address into my browser and that will bring me to the login in page, is that correct? If so, it isn't working for me. I know my IP address, type it in and nothing happens, says page not available. Any advice?

Thanks.

mrchrisray

Brooklyn, NY
reply to Hatdude

Hi, I've been reading quite a few forums on how to change my new Ubee DDW3611 to bridge mode so I can use my own wifi router. I can't get it to work. Can I access the Ubee myself and change things if I have the user name and password? Or do I have to call TWC tier 3 and have them do it, then I'll be able to access it?

I've read that I just need to type my IP address into my browser and that will bring me to the login in page, is that correct? If so, it isn't working for me. I know my IP address, type it in and nothing happens, says page not available. Any advice?

Thanks.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

try »192.168.1.1 or »192.168.0.1 or »192.168.100.1

then put /TlModeChange.asp at the end of which ever works, only switch between NAT and Bridge modes.

mrchrisray

Brooklyn, NY

None of those work.