uniqs
share rss forum feed

RoadRunner79

join:2008-01-19
San Antonio, TX

1 edit
reply to RoadRunner79

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

well set modem in bridge mode to use features in my router and while doing speedtests I'm getting half of the 30 down???

EDIT: called in and was told that south texas had issues with modems not booting back into the service. Could it be I just had the luck of bridging gateway at the time this was going on? while on the phone my speeds came back around to what they usually were.

I still want to use my router but I'm discouraged to try again and this happening all over again.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
I have always had to hard reset my router sometimes when switching modes because power cycling the modem doesnt do it for the router to get an IP.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to DMac1984
Just moved to eastern North carolina too. Wilmington. I tried that and it still froze up and dropped service. There wasn't any configuration that wouldn't result in the loss of wifi calling on my tmo phone. (Needed here due to low signal)
Just hooked up my old motorola surfboard 6120 with my linksys e2000 router and i haven't had a drop at all. Not a fan of the ubee modems.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX
reply to CptGemini
I did that, I can go online its just the download cut in half thats the bummer. I wonder if its just my router old, its a wrt54g with dd wrt. Anybody else using this?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
A wrt54g maxes out around 15Mb. Give or take a little since its in wireless g. Get an N router and the problem will go away. I get 30Mb easy on my linksys e2000 using dd-wrt.

RoadRunner79

San Antonio, TX

1 edit
Thanks for replies!!!

So then the router is the weak link. laptops wireless to DDW3611 get the full speeds its just through router that download suffers. That e2000 looks pretty good.

mrchrisray

join:2012-02-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Hatdude
Hi, I've been reading quite a few forums on how to change my new Ubee DDW3611 to bridge mode so I can use my own wifi router. I can't get it to work. Can I access the Ubee myself and change things if I have the user name and password? Or do I have to call TWC tier 3 and have them do it, then I'll be able to access it?

I've read that I just need to type my IP address into my browser and that will bring me to the login in page, is that correct? If so, it isn't working for me. I know my IP address, type it in and nothing happens, says page not available. Any advice?

Thanks.

mrchrisray

Brooklyn, NY
reply to Hatdude
Hi, I've been reading quite a few forums on how to change my new Ubee DDW3611 to bridge mode so I can use my own wifi router. I can't get it to work. Can I access the Ubee myself and change things if I have the user name and password? Or do I have to call TWC tier 3 and have them do it, then I'll be able to access it?

I've read that I just need to type my IP address into my browser and that will bring me to the login in page, is that correct? If so, it isn't working for me. I know my IP address, type it in and nothing happens, says page not available. Any advice?

Thanks.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
try »192.168.1.1 or »192.168.0.1 or »192.168.100.1

then put /TlModeChange.asp at the end of which ever works, only switch between NAT and Bridge modes.

mrchrisray

Brooklyn, NY
None of those work.

AnClar
Premium
join:2003-07-31
Belton, TX

1 edit
reply to mrchrisray
said by mrchrisray:

Thanks.

From what I've read on this forum, modem access is locked down in the NY markets. Hob, I believe you mentioned this. Your best bet would probably be to call your local Tier 3 support folks and have them put the box into bridge mode. As far as the address of the modem...as CptGemini said, the ubee in NAT mode address is 192.168.0.1. Once it's in bridge mode the address changes to 192.168.100.1. If you get to the login page you can try for User name, user, and for p/w, user . If that doesn't work then your only option is to call Tier 3 support.
--
When in danger or in doubt run in circles, scream and shout!

dflsports

@rr.com
I'm not a network guru by any means, I have an apple airport base station extreme, gen 2. I went ahead and upgraded to RR extreme (outside of syracuse, ny), getting good speeds, but the wireless kind of sucks. I believe I have the ubee 3611 model.

I want to set my basestation up as a bridge so that the other end of the house can get a decent wireless connection (ranch style home). Any advice?

I tried to set up the router as a bridge (basestation) but kept getting an error.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
I think the NY market blocks access to the modem interface. Maybe hobgoblin can help you, not real sure but if he can't you will need to call in and ask for Tier 3 so you can get them to set the modem to bridge mode.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
reply to dflsports
I have the exact same equipment as you do. You don't have to put the Ubee in bridge mode. Just set up the Airport Extreme so it is actually bridging from the Ubee via Ethernet out to Wi-Fi, and give it the same SSID, security, and passphrase settings as the Ubee. And you're good to go. I have no issues with this setup, and speed is just as good as it can be.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
I recently upgraded to D3 and discovered I now have a tiny bit of packet loss (0.2%). I could go for 30 minutes without a dropped packet, speed tests were excellent but when you drop a packet in the middle of gaming you know it. Once I enabled bridge mode the packet loss vanished. BTW the packet loss was present when I only had one PC directly connected via ethernet so it wasn't the double NAT of daisy chained routers causing an issue. The built in router is just not very good - probably a software update would fix but I suppose that's between ubee and TWC to figure out.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
said by quatra:

I recently upgraded to D3 and discovered I now have a tiny bit of packet loss (

Amusing...Do you know actually where this elusive packet dropped?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
reply to MyDogHsFleas
I finally went ahead and bridged my Ubee because I wanted to have IPv6 on my home network and my Apple Airport Extreme handled it very nicely. Everything is still working fine. Bridging was easy for me, but requires some network knowledge and I don't recommend it for the average Joe or Jane customer.

besweeet

@rr.com
reply to Hatdude
Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread! After recently moving to San Antonio, the TWC-issued Ubee DVW3201B cable modem/wireless router/VOIP box, I started to immediately experience connection drops (?) when trying to do multiple things at once. For example, if I try and open 5 websites at once (multiple tabs in Chrome), some of the pages will stop working. If I did a pingtest.net test, I would get between 60% and 99% packet loss.

I read up on how to change the operation mode from "NAT mode" to "Bridge mode". The operation mode page wasn't available to me in the "Tools" tab, so I had to go to /TlModeChange.asp manually.

After switching it to bridge mode and plugging my good 'ole Netgear WNR3500L in, everything works perfectly. My packet loss is now 0% and everything works as it should've been.

My only question: Is there a way to disable the wireless radio? The original Ubee box is broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal, even though I don't want anything to connect to it.

Update: Nevermind. I guess setting the "Primary Network" option to "Disabled" actually disables the wireless radio, even though wireless status says "Enabled".

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
Those connection drops you were probably seeing in NAT mode were most likely related to some of the modems firewall features that are known to cause some connection issues when enabled.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Where your phone dreams come true!

besweeet

@rr.com
That was exactly it! The firewall settings has an option for "IP flood protection" which, after unchecking, made things operate normally.

Not using bridge mode anymore. Putting my other wireless router back in its box.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
Don't forget to uncheck the fragmented packets one too. I still would suggest using your own router though depending on how new it is and when its model first came out you might see better speeds.
--

Qbfinest83

@bhn.net
reply to Hatdude
When I put in »192.168.0.1/TIModeChange.asp it doesnt go anywhere. I have a Ubee DVW3201B

SanAntonioTx
Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Hatdude
Let me fix that for you ......here you go who ever reads this...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oB4QNzw4VU
thats your answer right there

SanAntonioTx
Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Hatdude
UBEE MASTERPASSWORD

User name
Last 8 digits of your UBEE MODEM mac Address

Password *default*

DO NOT CHANGE THE MASTERPASSWORD!!!!!

PASSWORD IS

DEFAULT MASTERPASSWORD IS c0nf1gur3m3

Do not take Credit for this i found it out

now you can enable bridge mode!!!!!!

and i am TheComputerMaster on youtube..... congrats you don't need to call Tier 3 to enable it your self.......

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
You shouldn't really post that publicly because I dont think they want the public to know that and besides you don't need the master login to change anything. Just need the links to the hidden pages and its already in this thread.
--

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
reply to Qbfinest83
said by Qbfinest83 :

When I put in »192.168.0.1/TIModeChange.asp it doesnt go anywhere. I have a Ubee DVW3201B

According to the tag under your anon name you are on Bright house so you are in the wrong forum. Bright house blocks access to the modem configuration so you either need to call in for any changes or create a thread in the direct support forum for BHN.

»Bright House Networks
--

cruisencode

join:2000-09-16
Ocoee, FL
reply to Hatdude
Hey everybody! I read through most of this thread and I didn't see my issue covered.

I had my DDW3611 installed yesterday and I proceeded to change it to bridge mode. Unfortunately, my upload speed went from 5 Mb/s to between 1 and 1.5 Mb/s.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
You sure its not your router?

cruisencode

join:2000-09-16
Ocoee, FL
Well, I get 5 Mb/s through my router when the DDW3611 is in NAT mode. I have my router connected to the DDW3611 and my computers connected to my router. My router is a Linksys E4200.

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
said by cruisencode:

Well, I get 5 Mb/s through my router when the DDW3611 is in NAT mode. I have my router connected to the DDW3611 and my computers connected to my router. My router is a Linksys E4200.

I have used the Ubee with this exact router and I didn't have any problems running it in bridge mode.

Have you tried rebooting the modem and the E4200 router?

If so, have you tried doing factory reset on the E4200 router?