spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TheDude224
@rr.com

TheDude224

Anon

Misleading Time Warner commercial?

I'm not dissing Time Warner, however I find there latest commercial to be extremely misleading, and I wouldn't be surprised if another service makes a jab at it.

Time Warner claims you can have HD on every TV in the house. (This part is true, and as long as you're willing to pay $9 per month per box) Where the ad loses it's traction is when they say something like You can't get HD in every room, sometimes not even on 2 TV's with AT&T. If you're willing to pay for their boxes, you can get HD in every room with AT&T (or any other carrier) as well.

The only way this argument can even be half correct is that if a person has a QAM tuner, they can pick up local HD channels. It reminds me of the slick slogan: "The Home of Free HD" which really requires a $9/month HD box. Using that logic ALL carriers have "Free HD".

Out of all the things Time Warner could be touting, HD in every room?? When Fios and AT&T are touting multi-room DVR?? Give me a break. Time Warner needs to pick something more compelling than that, especially when half truths leave it vulnerable to counterargument.

What do you think?

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

They're comparing it to ATT Uverse and their limit of 2-3 simultanious HD strems per house. That'd run 2 TVs at my house

As far as the free HD, you donkt pay extra for HD versions of channels you have in SD like some other providers charge.
Phil75070
join:2005-08-17
Mckinney, TX

Phil75070

said by DocDrew:

As far as the free HD, you donkt pay extra for HD versions of channels you have in SD like some other providers charge.

That is very true, but can HD truly be advertised as really "free" if you have to rent an HD box to view those HD channels (other than the local channels which can be seen without a box with a HDTV?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"That is very true, but can HD truly be advertised as really "free" if you have to rent an HD box to view those HD channels (other than the local channels which can be seen without a box with a HDTV?"

Yes...The cost of the box is the same for an SD or HD Box.

Hob
kenny782
join:2009-06-22
Jackson Heights, NY

kenny782 to TheDude224

to TheDude224
I couldn't agree more, the lies I hear in those commercials everytime they come on....god!
But how many people know that, not many.

I mean honestly I find most things that company does to me and some of my friends misleading.
I don't know how many times they've snuck things onto the bill.

Crapigator
@rr.com

Crapigator to Phil75070

Anon

to Phil75070
said by Phil75070:

said by DocDrew:

That is very true, but can HD truly be advertised as really "free" if you have to rent an HD box to view those HD channels (other than the local channels which can be seen without a box with a HDTV?

But Time Warner includes the first box in your bill. Anyhow, here they have dropped the "free" moniker and replaced it with "no fee HD".