uniqs

Sopper
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Rochester, MN

Sopper to cowboyro

Premium Member

to cowboyro

Re: How much would you expect to pay to paint a room?

said by cowboyro:

$80 in paint, rollers, brushes and tape plus a weekend.
Painting is about the easiest, idiot-proof DIY job...

Painting is far from idiot proof. It takes skill, and plenty of practice, to paint well...

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by Sopper:

said by cowboyro:

Painting is far from idiot proof. It takes skill, and plenty of practice, to paint well...

I won't let my wife paint. As much as I hate doing it, she sucks at it. I hate it but take my time and do a good job. My sister-in-law is a terrible painter too. So no, it's not idiot-proof.

Midgard7
join:2010-10-11
MA

Midgard7

said by Jon5:

said by Sopper:

said by cowboyro:

I won't let my wife paint. As much as I hate doing it, she sucks at it. I hate it but take my time and do a good job. My sister-in-law is a terrible painter too. So no, it's not idiot-proof.

It's the opposite for me. I hate painting and the wife loves it. She'd prefer me not to paint. She takes FOREVER to paint since she tapes the $%#^# out of the room then paints the ceilings. Let's it dry for 48 hours then removes the tape and re-tapes the %$^# out of it to do the walls. She does great work but it takes over a week for her to do a room.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to Jon5

MVM

to Jon5
I have color issues - the first coat as long as the difference in color is pretty large I am ok - second coat I am useless. I don't paint - I hate it and I hate cleaning my glasses off.

Was painting our bedroom before we moved in - when doing the second coat my wife kept yelling at me that I missed a spot - I could not see where I missed.

natedj
Elected
Premium Member
join:2001-06-06
Irmo, SC

natedj to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
said by Jon5:

Hope your wife or sister-in-law doesn't read this and find out they fail the idiot test