Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
reply to Archivis

Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 3

in a game with a SK and mafia, the game is not over when the mafia gain majority, as the SK + lynches could sway the numbers back in the towns favor.

Likewise if a bus driver is alive a game should not be called at the traditional numbers for LOL.

I am assuming the joker has a win condition (blow everyone up on day 5 or so) and the game will go on even if the mafia have a majority.

granted your numbers are probably right, but the assumption that is LOL is probably wrong. IMO.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I don't understand. 8 total players. We lynch a town and a town dies, that's 6 players. 3 are mafia, 2 are town, 1 is joker. Mafia has majority.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
reply to Archivis

not really but yet he usually does.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to Kristopher

minor chime in. I'm not absent, but i'm holding back until I get a better handle. I'd really like to get some clarification from gomez about this lincoln stuff.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Archivis

if there is a role like SK or busdriver, the numbers could move again.

Say it is 3/2/1 but the SK (or busdriver) causes a mafia to be nightkilled, it could be

2/2/1 the next day and the mafia no longer have the majority.

mafia win by killing everyone, we stop the game when that is the logical outcome of remaining actions (LOL) but it doesn't follow strictly from the numbers, but the roles left as well.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 5

Archivis - 3 - Gomez, navyet2sw, Dezbend (L-2)
tmodelt - 1 - ProtusMose (L-4)
Meningitis - 1 - Archivis (L-4)

Players not voting: chlen, Meningitis, tmodelt
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Dezbend

Highly unlikely.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Kristopher

I am not saying it is a good idea to kill a town player, and I am not saying I think ARch is a town player. I am simply saying I don't think it is LOL today based on the joker still being alive and the assumption that he is an idpendent who set all the bombs.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Archivis

I think there is three factions - Batman and his mafia, joker an independant, and the town. I don't think Batman can win without killing the Joker, I don't think the town can win without killing Batman and his mafia, and I think the joker wins if everyone dies.

I don't think a simple majority wins this game. but agian, that is just based on how I would have set it up.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

That's possible. Mafia majority with an anxious joker-to-go-to-night means that town has zero influence in the vote tomorrow. So it's a technical LoL today.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

why would you assume that there is still 3 mafia left? we got one when we lynched avd. seems he was linked to big reds, as the role blocker for us and the mafia.

that would make tomorrow lynch or lose. not today, assuming we started we 3 mafia, plus the joker. there is still 2 mafia plus the joker, leaves 5 town. even if the mafia and joker get a kill tonight, that leaves us with 5, 2 mafia, 2 town, and the joker. i think we should string up arch. beginning to really think that arch is the joker, and that is why he has a role claim restriction, either that or he is batman. but i don't see why either would have a role claim restriction. i honestly can't think of why/what player would have one. my opinion is the restriction is bs.
--
Unfortunately, Common Sense Isn't.
The Damned doesnt hold a candle to someone with EVIL tattooed on their arm......

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I forgot about that. Good point.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA
reply to ProtusMose

said by ProtusMose:

minor chime in. I'm not absent, but i'm holding back until I get a better handle. I'd really like to get some clarification from gomez about this lincoln stuff.

I'm not sure what there is to clarify, that I haven't said.

The only thing to add at this point is a smart ass comment from Archivis, as well as validation on the vote.

P.S. Home early due to wanting to be home before some bad weather hits. Connectivity/Power might be spotty.
--
It's a fact : Chicks dig Mafia players.
'Wanna help buy a goat?' - »www.kiva.org

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

gomez, are you under the power of a puppet master, and if so, is said puppet master arch, or is your vote for something else?
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

I'm going to be intentionally cautious with my words. Hopefully the reason why will become clear eventually. Please don't confuse the caution with being evasive.

I do not have some sort of Tourette Syndrome that results posts about Lincoln/Gettysberg.

I did however post references to a similar event in the past, an event I think only the few people involved would recall specifically without reminder. I'll add: »Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 3

I can't directly answer your questions, however, the vote(s) have purpose.
--

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

I didn't figure you would be able to answer directly, but thanks for saying what you could.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to Kristopher

Earlier I had post a curiosity about manipulation that might resulted in AVDs kill. I'll elaborate.

3 of 4 of the kills by Mafia/Joker have been claimed or brick crumbed roles (TheRul).

Explanation of AVD would confirm speculation that Batman/Joker don't wish to run into each other at night for some reason. Thus the call for role-claims.

OT:
Storm has passed, not as bad here as predicted, but would have been nasty to drive in.
--

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

Clarification: The questionable kill is not AVD, that was a lynch.

As discussed with protus, the kill in question is Krisnatharok. »Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 3

Sorry about that.
--

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

not really but yet he usually does.

No, actually he does not, this came up in the princess bride.

REF: »Re: [game] Princess Bride Day 4

The only time a game mod should post LoL is in an open game, where it should be obvious. In a closed game it's mod interfering with the game.
--

tmodelt

Fletcher, NC

Ok see people but nobody's talking

tmodelt

Fletcher, NC

So who all has a post restriction besides Arch?

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

I do not.

no one said they did, but something is up with gomez (puppeteer?)
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria

1 edit
reply to Kristopher

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 5

Archivis - 3 - Gomez, navyet2sw, Dezbend (L-2)
tmodelt - 1 - ProtusMose (L-4)

Players not voting: Archivis, chlen, Meningitis, tmodelt
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

tmodelt

Fletcher, NC
reply to Dezbend

I agree but how should that be handled? I know there was a puppeteer character in the cartoon series(who was batman's enemy) I am not to familiar with the comic book. Does anyone now of a character that fits that role?

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places
kudos:1
reply to Dezbend

said by Dezbend:

I do not.

no one said they did, but something is up with gomez (puppeteer?)

Gomez said his vote(s) have a purpose? He's voted for Archivis. Gomez seems to know what's happening, but unable to let us know. Another restriction?
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

So who all has a post restriction besides Arch?

To clarify, I do not have a post restriction. I have a role-claim restriction.
--

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

I am pretty much always logged onto the site, was at a qualification board (as board member not getting qualified). so was logged in but not here actually.

No one else has made a comment about having a post restriction, which is why my vote remains on arch. pretty sure he is bullshitting something, whether it is about the role claim restiction, or that his role is a minor role. either way i don't think he being alive is good for us. but that is mostly hunch and gut feeling. something isn't right with him in this game
--
The Damned doesnt hold a candle to someone with EVIL tattooed on their arm......

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I'm playing the cards that were dealt to me. If I were mafia, I would have "created" a better scenario for myself.
--

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

i can go with that, but something just smells fishy with your game play this time. i would call it now that you are probably the joker, which is why you have a restriction.(or at least claimed one). that would be the safest option if you were the joker. kris makes the games so that fake role claims are pretty difficult to pull off.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I'm not the joker. If you connect the dots, you would see that.