how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ratatosk

join:2010-03-26
New Westminster, BC

but it is reliable...

Personally, I'm willing to pay the premium for a voip provider that just works.

Bogtrotter23

join:2009-06-14
East York, ON
said by ratatosk:

Personally, I'm willing to pay the premium for a voip provider that just works.

It is reliable, but no more reliable than voip.ms is, or magictalkbox was when I had it, or whistlephone seems to be, or rebtel, or, from what I hear, voipo is or callwithus is or phonepower is, or lots of others.

I can't see paying the per minute prices they charge or even the higher prices for a DID compared to what I see from others.

Nice enough outfit, but they charge too much.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

With respect....

Respectfully disagree on:

a) DID pricing (especially for Flat-rate DID's for which CallCentric and Voip.MS monthly charge is either identical or one dollar apart, depending on location)

b) General pricing (but Voip.MS does have notable advantage for outbound Value routes in Canada) (CallCentric PAYG is cheaper than other quality providers like Junction Networks [OnSIP], Aptela, and others).

c) Reliability/support/infrastructure (sometimes I wonder if we are living in alternate universes)

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this is an issue like Palin vs. Pelosi, or Grits vs. Tories.

I am glad that we all have choices, which is what VoIP is all about.

Bogtrotter23

East York, ON
It is the per/minute pricing that mostly sticks in my craw about
callcentric.

They charge 1.98 cents/minute to the US and Canada. Although I use
the value rates for the US and Canada with voip.ms, if I were to
use the premium rates I would pay 1.25 cents/minute to the US and
Canada.

I don't make enough calls for that to amount to a great deal, but
if someone yakked for 2000 minutes/ month, he would end up paying
callcentric 39.60, while he would pay voip.ms 25.00.

$14.60 cents / month is a fair amount of money to most people.

I have to ask myself what advantages callcentric gives a user to
justify paying that difference, and I can't see the justification.

You mentioned onsip and aptela. They look like business-oriented
outfits which, I assume, charge more than a residential voip
provider, so I'm not sure that bringing them in is relevant.
Expand your moderator at work

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

2 edits
reply to Bogtrotter23

Re: With respect....

said by Bogtrotter23:

It is the per/minute pricing that mostly sticks in my craw about callcentric....

Ah, but as you know, CallCentric does offer two flat-rate outbound calling plans (North America, and World Select) with no numeric caps. For the higher-volume users, these can be quite useful indeed.

At present, I believe that Voip.MS does not have flat-rate outbound plans.

said by Bogtrotter23:

I don't make enough calls for that to amount to a great deal, but if someone yakked for 2000 minutes/ month, he would end up paying callcentric 39.60, while he would pay voip.ms 25.00.

No, actually such a heavy user would be advised to use CallCentric's North America Unlimited plan at 19.95 a month, thus saving money over Voip.MS

said by Bogtrotter23:

It is the per/minute pricing that mostly sticks in my craw about callcentric....

A different company---OneSuite--- is a residential provider---you've used some of their other services---yet OneSuite VoIP charges 2.5 cents a minute outbound!!

-----------------------------------------

CallCentric PAYG pricing is mid-range.

Some USA outbound calling rates (PAYG) ranked from low-to-high:

Call-With-Us
Voip.MS
Vitelity
CallCentric
OneSuite
Aptela
Junction Networks

Yes, in terms of reliability, infrastructure, and support, I do place CallCentric closer to Junction Networks.

----------------------------------------

While we all want lowest costs, there are always tradeoffs.

Companies that price themselves excessively low, have to make up for it somehow.

Possibilities include: being a one-man business, less funding for customer service and support, less financial reserve on hand for hard times or emergencies, lower quality call routing, etc. This will be a DIFFERENT combination for each underpriced carrier, but in the end something has to give.

----------------------------------------

Well, I had a nice quiet dinner this evening. Glad everyone kept themselves occupied while I was gone.

Bogtrotter23

East York, ON
said by PX Eliezer70:

said by Bogtrotter23:

Ah, but as you know, CallCentric does offer two flat-rate outbound calling plans (North America, and World Select) with no numeric caps. For the higher-volume users, these can be quite useful indeed.

Absolutely. I had forgotten that callcentric has a monthly gig. Anybody who talks a lot should use a monthly or yearly plan.
said by PX Eliezer70:

said by Bogtrotter23:

OneSuite is a residential provider---you've used some of their other services---yet OneSuite VoIP charges 2.5 cents a minute.

Yes, their prices are high for voip. I would not use them except as a calling card.

-----------------------------------------

CallCentric PAYG pricing is mid-range.
Some USA outbound calling rates (PAYG) ranked from low-to-high:

The list below that shows pricing from low to high, shows callcentric in the middle. But the two highest, Aptela and Junction Networks, are business-oriented if I am not mistaken and will therefore charge more than a residential service. You are mixing apples and oranges. You could have added F9, which would be at or near the low end; and Localphone is another payg that would be near the low end. Rebtel is another. These would make the list more realistic and push callcentric to the high end while leaving voip.ms near the low end.

Call-With-Us
Voip.MS
Vitelity
CallCentric
OneSuite
Aptela
Junction Networks

Yes, in terms of reliability, infrastructure, and support, I do place CallCentric closer to Junction Networks.

Now you have changed the meaning of the list from low-to-high pricing to low-to-high reliability, infrastructure, and support.

I don't see callcentric as more reliable than most others on the list, and can not comment on infrastructure - that seems to me to require a very technical kind of disucssion. Callcentric's support is excellent; whether it is better than voip.ms's is something I can't say - they have both been good on the few occasions I needed to contact them.

Well, I had a nice quiet dinner this evening. Glad everyone kept themselves occupied while I was gone.

Seeing this thread this morning compared to it last night, was like returning to the scene of an insanely loud party after the guests had departed or passed out.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by Bogtrotter23:

You are mixing apples and oranges. You could have added F9, which would be at or near the low end; and Localphone is another payg that would be near the low end. Rebtel is another. These would make the list more realistic and push callcentric to the high end while leaving voip.ms near the low end.

I easily could have added companies to the high end of the list as well. For example, RingCentral: 6.7 cents a minute to USA, and 5 cents a minute to Canada. The list was meant to be representative, not comprehensive.

I did not list F9 because it is mostly not a PAYG company.

Rebtel is a very different type of company, really not comparable to full-service providers such as CC or VMS.

Yes, Localphone is cheap. That's about all. In the same sense that in the Popeye movie (1980), Olive Oyl kept singing about Bluto:"He's large........and he's large".

---------------------------------

For me, I use CallCentric to make the large majority of calls from my home AND my business, because I have found that it just works better.

As I said, I am glad that you found what works well for you.

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Bogtrotter23

Re: With NO respect....

That's a pure lie and misrepresentation of facts. If someone used 2000 minutes - he/she could have Callcentric's North America Unlimited plan for $19.95/mo. That's $5 LESS than Voip.ms would charge... And YES, those FIVE bucks make a BIG difference to MOST people.

Callcentric has World Select Unlimited residential account for just $29.95, allowing virtually non-metered flat access to over 40 countries around the world. Something similar, 2000 minutes based would cost someone over $60/mo with Voip.ms - this is WHERE the major difference one may see for their buck...

Callcentric provides CNAM service for FREE. Voip.MS charges for this service more than 1c per CALL. For just 100 inbound calls from different people - that's another buck per month, isn't it a big difference for most people?

Callcentric donates 1000s FREE access numbers to SIP Broker. Voip.ms - NONE. Callcentric provides full free while fully featured SIP accounts to anybody. Voip.MS - charges for SIP traffic which I personally consider a SHAME for any serious provider to do. Only a desperate one, who may collapse at any time would charge a dime and nickel for SIP traffic or NOT to allow one to use unfunded, free SIP account. MPHO.

Callcentric provides FREE 16x7x365 support to business, residential and ANY free customer without GIMMICKS.

Voip.MS says on their public WEB site that they provide PHONE SUPPORT 5 days a week, 8 hours a day - this is what I call a GIMMICK.

Callcentric's minimal payment/deposit is $5 vs. TWENTY FIVE bucks charged by Voip.MS. Isn't it a big difference?

Callcentric's policy is to always refund 100% of customer's account balance when/if a customer wants to close their [paid] account... Voip.ms "may" refund if the customer is not satisfied within 30 days...

Callcentric provides BUSINESS and RESIDENTIAL services and has a respective %% number of reviews - anyone may look at GBU here:
»/gbu
to see that Callcentric has largest % of business reviews - 4% amongst ALL reviewed providers, while still showing only $16/month average versus $10 averaged for Voip.ms (consider that one $100/mo worth business account is taking about 10 residential ones into equation - just to understand that having 4% of business reviews have a huge impact on average monthly service fee - still, only $16 vs. $10 - how may anyone, being of objective (or honest) mind say that Callcentric's services are of a low value or/and expensive?).

The bottom line - you are a
**************** L I A R ****************

Disclaimer - I have absolutely nothing against Voip.ms. I personally admire what they have achieved during short time. But I'm forced to use the same comparison which I wouldn't do otherwise if Bogtrotter wouldn't use it to libel Callcentric services.

Bogtrotter23

East York, ON
said by Iscream:

If someone used 2000 minutes - he/she could have Callcentric's North America Unlimited plan for $19.95/mo.

My apologies for forgetting that callcentric also does monthly gigs in addition to payg. Certainly the better way to go for a 2000 min/month yakker, though I would probably get Voipo myself.

Not at all: I am giving my honest opinions. The problem is, I think, that you are not able to perceive things as they really are.

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8
reply to PX Eliezer70

said by PX Eliezer70:

We have about 10x times more users on the PAYG plan than we have on America Free and Bare Essentials combined. Try googling "cheap pay as you go voip" or just "cheap payg voip" for kicks.

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8

1 recommendation

reply to Iscream

Re: With NO respect....

said by Iscream:

Callcentric donates 1000s FREE access numbers to SIP Broker. Voip.ms - NONE.

Well, you DO get PR5 links out of it... (and probably some referral traffic)

Chill man. I've been there too and I know some reviewers can make your blood boil. But take a breath, go out and do something, relax, then come back and see if you still want to post the same thing. (thanks to BruceN for that)

yahoo2003

join:2007-11-02
Mclean, VA
Reviews:
·callwithus
·Anveo
reply to nitzan

said by nitzan:

said by PX Eliezer70:

We have about 10x times more users on the PAYG plan than we have on America Free and Bare Essentials combined. Try googling "cheap pay as you go voip" or just "cheap payg voip" for kicks.

Another prof people don't like F9 "Annual Plans".
It will soon become 9X times
« Best VOIP for the moneyRules? »