Premium Member
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA

1 recommendation

pokesph

Premium Member

ad inject to stop..

100% ILLEGAL!
data interception and modification.. bad, very bad.

After talking with Mediacom's Legal dept, (Tom Larsen) they are in the process of disabling this 'service' and say it was a "mistake" by the marketing dept and never cleared their legal dept lawyers.

If it is still happening, you can contact Tom at 1-888-692-9090 x2754 and tell him so.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by pokesph:

100% ILLEGAL!

After talking with Mediacom's Legal dept, (Tom Larsen) they are in the process of disabling this 'service' and say it was a "mistake" by the marketing dept and never cleared their legal dept lawyers.

If it is still happening, you can contact Tom at 1-888-692-9090 x2754 and tell him so.

This does not surprise me. During my time as a technician at mediacom, their marketing department did their own thing, and everybody else was just left to wonder what was happening.

I can only imagine that the problem will get worse if the CEO manages to purchase the company from the shareholders.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to pokesph

to pokesph
said by pokesph:

100% ILLEGAL!

Whew!...I sure am glad this was just a "mistake"

*holding hands up in the air making giant QUOTATION marks*
Expand your moderator at work

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to pokesph

to pokesph

Re: ad inject to stop..

said by pokesph:

That's good news.
EdmundGerber
join:2010-01-04

1 recommendation

EdmundGerber to pokesph

to pokesph
said by pokesph:

100% ILLEGAL!

Stick that in your pipe ( or elsewhere) and smoke it, hottboiinnc...

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup to pokesph

Premium Member

to pokesph
said by pokesph:

After talking with Mediacom's Legal dept, (Tom Larsen) they are in the process of disabling this 'service' and say it was a "mistake" by the marketing dept and never cleared their legal dept lawyers

So the marketing department has the power to tell the programmers and the network people what to do. What was the guy's name in marketing who gave the orders? Inquiring minds want to know.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

Mediacom isn't talking on that point. In fact they have yet to talk about this at all, besides saying there are corporate discussions about it ongoing.