Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to Mdoc

Premium Member

to Mdoc

Re: Tektronix 485 - no power up

Similar...... but only has 5 pins in it, and I don't believe they are electrically conductive to each other.

I am beginning to think the problem is with the transformer board, more to the point, the diode box thingy...

Well.... I can't find parts for this thing... so do I part it out, or just hold on to it and see if I can luck across another one for parts or the parts I need...

iknow
@optonline.net

iknow

Anon

said by neonhomer:

Similar...... but only has 5 pins in it, and I don't believe they are electrically conductive to each other.

I am beginning to think the problem is with the transformer board, more to the point, the diode box thingy...

Well.... I can't find parts for this thing... so do I part it out, or just hold on to it and see if I can luck across another one for parts or the parts I need...

is it one of these? »www.sphere.bc.ca/test/te ··· ts5.html you don't need the exact one, just a compatible one. (same voltage and multiplication) even one from a T.V. that would have the same specs would work. or one could be made with HV diodes and caps..

Mdoc
Ehh... munch munch... what's up, Doc?
Premium Member
join:2007-03-27
Sterling, VA

Mdoc to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
said by neonhomer:

That's why I wanted you to isolate it by removing R1602 to confirm that. If you can find an easier way to break the line through R1602 to the multiplier, do that if you can.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

IIRC, the only way to break that connection is to remove the xfmr board again, and to unsolder it.

I just haven't had the motivation to tear the thing apart again to do it.

If I do isolate that line, what should happen?

Mdoc
Ehh... munch munch... what's up, Doc?
Premium Member
join:2007-03-27
Sterling, VA

Mdoc

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

If I do isolate that line, what should happen?

Theoretically, that it should stop clicking.
If it does, you've successfully isolated the problem.