Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon

Re: Getting laid....off.

Ah - Fricking - mazing!

So the relationship was bigger than the both of you huh?

...now when you get back I need you to program the system to lower my rates!

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

YEA! Glad to hear it.
Was it from Merc or RCM??

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon to dogma

to dogma
said by dogma:

Ah - Fricking - mazing!

So the relationship was bigger than the both of you huh?

...now when you get back I need you to program the system to lower my rates!

Yeah isn't it. This will be my 3rd stint there. This time I'm going to make sure she knows up front that I want to be converted to a full time employee the first opportunity they have.

And if it doesn't work out, I can at least fudge my resume and make the last 2 months of unemployment look like I was at Mercury the entire time...

- FM
FutureMon

FutureMon

Funny story. They called me yesterday and said that they were sorry, but the budget didn't get approved so the position is gone.

After I told 3 other potential interviews that I had accepted an offer and stopped actively looking for a week.

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

Those Bastards.

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
I wouldn't find that to f*%kin' funny. But shit happens.

A buddy of mine (52 year old finance auditor) in Dallas who was laid off from an 8-year job in late summer 2009 took 11 Months to find his next position. He was let go from that job in December. However, it only took him 2.5 Months to land the job he will start Monday.

Jobs seem to be out there in more abundance now than 2 years ago, however the pay still seems to be 20% less than the pre-recession peaks.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

Funny story. They called me yesterday and said that they were sorry, but the budget didn't get approved so the position is gone.

After I told 3 other potential interviews that I had accepted an offer and stopped actively looking for a week.

- FM

Yeah, just gotta get back on the horse...

Probably good that you didn't get hired back by such an obviously incompetent company.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

That's why I use Geico...

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

I could interview for a Business Analyst position at Mercury. I know most of the BA's and their manager as well...but that's one hell of a hard job (there).

Constantly changing requirements requiring updated documentation and days filled with meeting after meeting after meeting. Not really my kind of gig...so the agency is going to submit me for a QA position at Auto club in Costa Mesa.

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

I had talked to Ernie once about the BA positions. They do not get paid anywhere what they should.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

Well the main QA position I was submitted for at AAA got filled, but I just got hired for another one that openend up there.

Didn't even have to interview. Agency set it all up. I start Monday. (They chose someone else initially so I dropped my rate and got them re-interested in me).

It's a "one month" gig that could get extended and possibly turn permanent.

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

Good luck.