Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

[game] I'm Batman! Day 4

Mr. Freeze
The Night cold and windy. Batman arrived at Arkham near Daybreak, battered and weary. He had ProtusMose See Profile inside of a steel container, and screamed for the special cage used for this particular prisoner. After the containment was completed, he went back out on his investigation. At least there were no murders overnight. But he had just one more day to find the Joker.

ProtusMose See Profile: Mr. Freeze – Dr. Victor Fries – You are the Town Time Freezer. You can freeze a player each Night and force their current action to take place the following Night’s action. You win with the Town.

Player List
In Order Of Sign Up
ekster See Profile
Archivis See Profile
AntonyLingo See Profile
navyet2sw See Profile
ProtusMose See Profile
AVD See Profile
DrModem See Profile
tmodelt See Profile
Meningitis See Profile
BigReds42 See Profile
Gomez See Profile
TheRul See Profile
Dezbend See Profile
chlen See Profile
Krisnatharok See Profile

It is now Day!
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE

*ghost* Guess I decuded wrong. Go Town! */ghost*

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
reply to Kristopher

We are in a tight spot. with 2 maybe 3 mafia left and the joker there is only 3 or 2 town left.

If we kill the joker the mafia win by numbers.

If we kill a mafia member, the joker wins by blowing us all up tomorrow.

I have the ability to cut a wire on the bomb. there are three colored wires, one deactivates it, one blows it up instantly, and one does nothing.

I have not taken a night action yet. My plan was to wait till the night before the bombs were set to go off... this mitigates the risk of cutting the wrong wires.

The colors are red, blue, and green. I assume the results were tied in randomly, but if anyone knows anything about bombs give me a suggestion on what to cut.

If I cut the right wire, the joker can't win, and we still have a chance to overcome the mafia.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Hmm.. Ok..

So, given that's out in the open, what exactly prevents the Joker from killing you tonight?

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

I don't think he has a kill, that is the gamble I am taking. I thought being only a few town left it was time to role claim. given the 1 in 3 chance of success anyway we can't count on me. hopefully there is some town with better powers that can break this open for us. I don't view my role as super powerful or important.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

said by Dezbend:

I don't think he has a kill, that is the gamble I am taking. I thought being only a few town left it was time to role claim. given the 1 in 3 chance of success anyway we can't count on me. hopefully there is some town with better powers that can break this open for us. I don't view my role as super powerful or important.

Seems important. With 6 remaining, seems we have two deadlines. It's both LoL assuming 2 kills between now and morning and the Joker deadline.

Removing your ability from the equation the only way we stay in this is if we kill mafia today, and mafia kills Joker tonight. Adding it back in, your ability is actually the better of the odds.
--
It's a fact : Chicks dig Mafia players.
'Wanna help buy a goat?' - »www.kiva.org

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

maybe it was a mistake to claim, but I think the town pretty much has to, especially if we have some investigative roles.

We have to lynch a mafia today. end of story.

The best way to do that is claim. A mass claim lets us weigh truth and lies, right now I have too many question marks by people's names.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

I agree, we must lynch mafia.

I'll also ref this: »Re: [signup] Large Non-Crazy Game , and thus will not be joining the mass claim party, for the sake of establishing the metagame, despite the potential outcome of doing so.

Open to discuss, of course.
--

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

any idea who we should lynch?

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

I'm going to hold off opinion until all players have commented for the day, or, cast their votes.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

well I will tell you I don't like chlen and kris.

I should have left my vote on chlen when he thought he was dead and then said he had two lives. Kris may have been defending/deflecting a little that day, which is why I lump them together.

FoS: chlen

no vote till folks check in and role claim.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

um krisnathorok is dead and was town... back to the drawing board.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to Dezbend

said by Dezbend:

well I will tell you I don't like chlen and kris.

I should have left my vote on chlen when he thought he was dead and then said he had two lives. Kris may have been defending/deflecting a little that day, which is why I lump them together.

FoS: chlen

no vote till folks check in and role claim.

Well, this is indeed interesting.

Chlen has the only living role that I would consider verified, +bias on my SS.

(and a Process Technology Utilization for Kris for a damn interesting setup)
--

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

You had a clarification issue early in the game.. can you expand on that?

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

(for dez)

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to Kristopher

Dez, allow me to reiterate the question:

You made this post:

said by Dezbend:

you guys might just lynch me, because this sounds like one of my crazy plays but it is not.

my role name happens to be a very minor character name in the DC universe. I just conferred with kris, he did not intend me be that character from the DC universe.

so no, I do not have a character name, just a role name. sorry for the confusion.

TheRul, special apology to you. I wasn't being a jerk in real life, I was trying to be the villain type. but now I don't even know if I am a good guy or bad guy in the DC Universe.... all I know is I win with the town, and from the one death, I do assume what I said earlier, but have less evidence now.

unvote: therul

I would like to know where in this list that confusion is found: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ba···aracters

--

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

tsk on not closing you vote bold in that post

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Gomez

not on that list.

here is the deal. I did not recognize the name, but I am not up on my batman lore, so I looked it up on the internet... I had trouble finding it, so I dug a little deeper, and I found a reference.

There was this guy in some side universe comic line that had a code name, and that code name is the same my role name.

He appeared in one comic in an alternate universe. With hindsight there are enough characters that kris would not have picked such a random character. I was totally off base day 1... that is probably why I always lose
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

Please share the link.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

I will try to find it again.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

Please do...

Hopefully you understand the motivations of my scrutiny.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

I can't find it. I will keep looking, but I followed links within links... it wasn't from a google search or wikipedia link. I can't remember what site I even started from...
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

said by Dezbend:

I can't find it. I will keep looking, but I followed links within links... it wasn't from a google search or wikipedia link. I can't remember what site I even started from...

Understood.. I want to believe you because I like the improved odds.

But, I want to be gnats ass sure on it else the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes in to play.
--

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

Sorry, I can’t find it. But it was from the ‘New Earth’ universe, there was a bad guy named Plastique and her husband Adom Bomb (hehe) that were part of the Bomb Squad along with some other minor villans. My guy, whose name I can’t remember, had the code name “defuser” That is all I can tell you tonight. Bed time.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

vote tmodelt

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

why?

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to navyet2sw

Careful with vote Eugene.

Given at least 3 hammers ready to fly this better be sound.

Huge FOS

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1

just posting so this topic goes into my updater thing

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria

FYI - You can also hit the "follow" link at the bottom of the topic, last post of the page.

Mod is in a training all day. I'll hop on for counts at lunch, and be sure to send my game file home in case an after work hours update is needed.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Dezbend

said by Dezbend:

why?

He was observed leaving his house last night.
--
Unfortunately, Common Sense Isn't.
The Damned doesnt hold a candle to someone with EVIL tattooed on their arm......