navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Dezbend

to Dezbend

Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 4

said by Dezbend:

We are in a tight spot. with 2 maybe 3 mafia left and the joker there is only 3 or 2 town left.

If we kill the joker the mafia win by numbers.

If we kill a mafia member, the joker wins by blowing us all up tomorrow.

I have the ability to cut a wire on the bomb. there are three colored wires, one deactivates it, one blows it up instantly, and one does nothing.

I have not taken a night action yet. My plan was to wait till the night before the bombs were set to go off... this mitigates the risk of cutting the wrong wires.

The colors are red, blue, and green. I assume the results were tied in randomly, but if anyone knows anything about bombs give me a suggestion on what to cut.

If I cut the right wire, the joker can't win, and we still have a chance to overcome the mafia.

based on this, you can at any time during the nights send mod a color to guess which wire to cut? uhhh ok, i can actually buy that gives an out we had gotten the joker early, or in our case, not at all. we still can win by difusing the bomb, since i am pretty sure that killing him won't reveal the way to disarm, or disarm, the bombs automatically.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to navyet2sw

MVM

to navyet2sw
have you observed anyone else that is still alive the past few nights?

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to navyet2sw

to navyet2sw
said by navyet2sw:

said by Dezbend:

why?

He was observed leaving his house last night.

So that makes me scum? you seem to be a little to quick to pop votes especially when we are so close to the end of the game.
FOS:Navy

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
arch night 1 was reported that he did not leave during the night.
night 2 only Gomez is still alive and was reported that he did not leave during the night.

T-didn't say it made you scum. was using it to get info on any power that you had, or a logical defense for why you would be seen leaving your house at night.

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

ok what is your role a reporter?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 4

tmodelt - 1 - navyet2sw (L-3)

Players not voting: chlen, Dezbend, Gomez, Meningitis, tmodelt

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
watcher.

flavor says i get to pick one person each night and watch for night moves, not allowed to communicate with anyone. and i win with the town.

sooooooooo with that out now, we would like to know what you were doing last night..........

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

I was actually protecting you that is the funny thing. I am the Doc.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
ouch, that sucks on the claim. pretty certain today is LOL or die by bomb anyway. by the way, don't need protection at night, i can't be killed at night, since i am never at home. lol

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

well that would have been nice to know before I protected you.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
TRUE DAT. but earlier in the game, didn't think it was something i wanted to just throw out there. was pretty sure it would have led to a lynch train.

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

So what is the deal with you not being able to be killed at night? I have been a tracker before and it said nothing along those lines?

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
It sounds to me like there are multiple bombs. Why would Dez's ability be to diffuse one? Also, why would he have such an obscure character? The rest of the reveals have been big names.

AND that's a lot of 'chance' for such a huge part in the story. We're fighting against the bombs, and you have had the potential since day 1 to win or lose this for us? That's a huge plot hole, no?

FoS Dezbend. I'm going to hold off on voting since we're close to LoL... but I'd love to hear what others think of the oddities.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Chaplain

to Chaplain
not a tracker, i don't get to see where they go or what they do, i just basically camp out by their house. and it clearly says you cannot be killed by night actions. i assumed because i was elsewhere at night.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Meningitis

MVM

to Meningitis
dude,

thats not my character.

I was mistaken day 1. I got the PM "you are the defuser" and I thought to myself "hmmm, I don't know who that is" and I went to a batman web site of characters and didn't find anything, but followed a few links and found this one-off guy.

The character fit my role exactly so I assumed it was me. no one else knew who they were on day one, and there was discussion about it. quite a lot. I then PM'd kris for clarification and was told that was my role name not a character name.

I explained the whole thing.

gomez was bringing it back up to see if I could be caught in a lie.

I was mistaken. I do not know what batman character I am, I only know my role, and have laid it out 100%.

as to the multiple bombs thing, I suppose I have access to the remote detonator that controls all the bombs... it doesn't say, but if I cut the right wire, the threat is gone.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Meningitis

to Meningitis
said by Meningitis:

It sounds to me like there are multiple bombs. Why would Dez's ability be to diffuse one? Also, why would he have such an obscure character? The rest of the reveals have been big names.

AND that's a lot of 'chance' for such a huge part in the story. We're fighting against the bombs, and you have had the potential since day 1 to win or lose this for us? That's a huge plot hole, no?

FoS Dezbend. I'm going to hold off on voting since we're close to LoL... but I'd love to hear what others think of the oddities.

i was thinking the same thing, those are way bad odds, and how would you have the chance to do it any night? i would have set it up so that, if they lynched or night killed the joker, everything would be put on hold while we waited for an answer from the bomb defuser. where he would likely have 50/50 odds. esp if the joker was taken early in the game. returning the game to a semi normal town/mafia game.

imagine if KrisK's day one kill had been the joker? then what? we wait on a 33% chance of someone getting it right for an instant lose?

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Meningitis

MVM

to Meningitis
it seems you have been spreading a lot of FUD and/or just not paying attention.

fos

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

said by Dezbend:

it seems you have been spreading a lot of FUD and/or just not paying attention.

fos

I'm spreading FuD??
said by Dezbend:

We are in a tight spot. with 2 maybe 3 mafia left and the joker there is only 3 or 2 town left.

If we kill the joker the mafia win by numbers.

If we kill a mafia member, the joker wins by blowing us all up tomorrow.

I have the ability to cut a wire on the bomb. there are three colored wires, one deactivates it, one blows it up instantly, and one does nothing.

Bold added by me. Where after this statement did you say this is not your character??
Meningitis

Meningitis

Premium Member

If you're talking about the 'diffuser' portion of it, that's insignificant compared to your ability to make or break this for us with a single wire snip.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Meningitis

MVM

to Meningitis
that is my role.

I am the defuser {mafia role not DC character - that was my mistake that I corrected half way through day one, but you all are still caught up on it. I explained as best I could as soon as I could}. I can deactivate the joker's bombs if I cut the right wire.

I don't know if killing the joker also shuts off the bombs or reveals which wire to cut or anything else.

Maybe if we had found the mafia sooner, or if I, or the joker had died sooner there was some other planned ending. surely Kris didn't expect it come down to all three factions still alive at LoL.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

I don't care about the 'diffuser' portion of it. It's the ability I'm concerned about.

You can't tell me Kris is going to give you the ability on day 1 to save the day, or blow us all up. That is the issue I have with your story. I don't care if he calls your role the 'flip flop' it makes no difference, as your ability remains the same.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Meningitis

MVM

to Meningitis
said by Meningitis:

If you're talking about the 'diffuser' portion of it, that's insignificant compared to your ability to make or break this for us with a single wire snip.

I can only guess that Kris assumed whoever got this role would not use it too early. I don't know how the balance works out.

Yes, if I had used it night one, there was a 1/3 chance of game over, 1/3 chance of nothing, and a 1/3 chance that the joker's threat was gone.
Dezbend

Dezbend to Meningitis

MVM

to Meningitis
it is what it is, I don't know what to say about that as you are questioning the mod's intentions not mine.

point of clarification, I could not have won the game on night one. the mafia and joker would have still been alive, the time limit and threat of annihilation would have been removed, but yes if I had used it and got it wrong we would have all been dead, but who besides Arch would take such a chance?

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to Dezbend

to Dezbend
Dez how do you know were the bombs are?

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

I did nothing to find them. I just knew. My expertise granted me the knowledge I guess.

whatever guys.

without me, the mafia or the joker wins, the town can not win unless I remove the joker's threat (and even so it is low odds)

vote me off if you are mafia or the joker, but if you are town, you need me.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

That is such a heavy burden, and a huge wild card. You could potentially blow us up instantly (as you said) or you can buy us a day to find mafia and win.

I can't see such a make or break role being handed out, and with that I'm going to Vote: Dezbend.

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

Ok so Men I see you applying pressure but yet you haven't claimed. What is your role in this?

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

I don't see a need for me to claim right now. You knowing my role will not help us win this. I'm not applying pressure, I'm voting for a person that's lying.

Too many holes in his story, and too much power to have, and too much chance involved for that power. There's no way one of us has that much influence over the course of the game.

Bad claim by him, IMO.

tmodelt
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

Ok so I guess we should just let you slide with not claiming. I am not saying I dont agree with you about dez. I am just wanting to see whos claim seems the most legit. Do you have a claim restriction cause I see you didnt mention one.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

I'm not restricted.

Feel free to follow me tonight, or do whatever someone needs to do to verify I'm town.