Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places
kudos:1
reply to Gomez

Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 4

said by Gomez:

From todays game play Men is bad. To much FUD, future validation.. I general a very bad vibe.

My two leading candidates were Dez and Menigitis. Dez because the the claim is the perfect cover. Thus the questioning yesterday.

I don't think so. At this point I'm convinced you and Dez are Mafia. Dez's claim is the perfect cover?? Really? That you even buy that claim shows he and you are together.

said by Gomez:

The more likely scenario is Meningitis is the Joker/Bomber, and is justifiably concerned with the win tomorrow, and wants the Dez lynch as he's a threat. Thus the vote. (Mafia goon(s), please take note).

That's funny stuff. Dezbend is no threat. He's not even a threat to the bomber. Lets say for a min that I am the Joker/Bomber (I'm not but let's entertain that). I welcome Dez to cut the wire. 1 in 3 chance (as he claims) for him to help me with the work I've set out to do? Please, have at it.

said by Gomez:

That vote is also possibly the swing vote on the vote train FOS to Navy last night on his vote. (P.S. Men, it's well known I play at night usually between 7 and midnight.. I didn't just 'go away' as you suggested, I went to bed.)

I know it's well known you only play at night. I know. My point was that you didn't make a point. I was laying out the events before you went offline.

said by Gomez:

The concern as mentioned above is the tmodelt claim. There was a discussion with protus about his ability and his intent to use it to try to delay things. A competent Doc would have picked up on that and protected him. That didn't happen. What did happen could very well be CYA claim.

Open to discuss.

Here's what I think... I think you and Dezbend are mafia. That you and him are trying to cover each other, and that you buy his claim shows that. He doesn't have the power he claims to, and you know this. And to win, you're perfectly willing to throw him under the bus so to speak.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
reply to Kristopher

I am in meetings all morning. Will try to check in at lunch, but I am not sure if I will be able to.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

I am the Doc so believe what you want to. I find it funny that you keep letting Dezs play slide. Are you protecting your partner? The only thing that confuses me about it is you say him and Men are Scum so I am now wondering if you are throwing your partner under the bus or just moving attention off you.

only one way i guess....

vote gomez
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Kristopher

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 4

tmodelt - 1 - navyet2sw (L-3)
Gomez - 1 - chlen (L-3)
Dezbend - 1 - Meningitis (L-3)

Players not voting: Dezbend, Gomez, tmodelt
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
reply to chlen

care to give us your input on anyone's play?

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY

said by tmodelt:

care to give us your input on anyone's play?

Well I believe your claim....

I am weary of dez and gomez because they seem to be playing off each other. Dez has tried to go after the easy fish a few times in this game like people who have messed up in conversation but were subsequently innocent or inactives. Men can be innocent as well but there would have to be a lot of conditions met for this to be true... and he stated those conditions out in his post.

So while I think realistically it is between men and dez, I am not jumping on a wagon and would like to vote gomez who in my opinion seems to be playing both sides.

Realistically I am a bit hampered because of my low participation in the game until yesterday.
--

-

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

wow the fud has started today.

i have a few things that have piqued my interest today.

1. every night we have had 2 night "kills" batman takes 1 back to arkham, and someone else kills one of us at night. except for last night. Why was there no second kill? was it a failure? was he only allowed x number of kills?

2. i don't see today how we need dez. today is LOL or lynch or die by bomb. how can you say that with a 1 in 3 chance we need you? I am not saying we should lynch you, but there has to be more info your not divulging. I am also not sure the game would be setup that if mafia had killed you early in the game, it was an automatic loss at 5 days. what if the mafia put the joker in arkham night 1, and you night 2, that is an automatic loss scenario. or if the joker killed you night one, and we lynched the joker day 2?

3. thinking properly, what powers would you give the joker? lazarus, limited kills, unlimited kills? extra life? unlynchable?
--
Unfortunately, Common Sense Isn't.
The Damned doesnt hold a candle to someone with EVIL tattooed on their arm......

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY

said by navyet2sw:

wow the fud has started today.

i have a few things that have piqued my interest today.

1. every night we have had 2 night "kills" batman takes 1 back to arkham, and someone else kills one of us at night. except for last night. Why was there no second kill? was it a failure? was he only allowed x number of kills?

2. i don't see today how we need dez. today is LOL or lynch or die by bomb. how can you say that with a 1 in 3 chance we need you? I am not saying we should lynch you, but there has to be more info your not divulging. I am also not sure the game would be setup that if mafia had killed you early in the game, it was an automatic loss at 5 days. what if the mafia put the joker in arkham night 1, and you night 2, that is an automatic loss scenario. or if the joker killed you night one, and we lynched the joker day 2?

3. thinking properly, what powers would you give the joker? lazarus, limited kills, unlimited kills? extra life? unlynchable?

I'm the lazarus and already used up my extra life.
--

-

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

I am the Doc so believe what you want to. I find it funny that you keep letting Dezs play slide. Are you protecting your partner? The only thing that confuses me about it is you say him and Men are Scum so I am now wondering if you are throwing your partner under the bus or just moving attention off you.

1) What attention are speaking of? Didn't really have any until the last posts, which was is expected of course. Forcing discussion often results in information, and I'm not beyond doing so.

2) I'll be happy discuss why I think the claim is viable from both metagaming Dez, and the unlikely hood of the early name/role and the claim aligning so well. Again, could be wrong. This is why we discuss.

3) You've refuted nothing, but have gone totally defensive on the question. Note, I've not voted you. This is just standard questioning.

So again,

Yesterday (Game day) there was discussion with Protus and his ability and ultimately how it works. If he hit the right person (a night killer) we had a possibility of delaying a kill. The Doc did not protect him.

Why did you, our claimed Doc, not protect the person most obviously in need of protection?
--
It's a fact : Chicks dig Mafia players.
'Wanna help buy a goat?' - »www.kiva.org

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Kristopher

I don't know if much more discussion will change my mind at all.

I fos'd chlen because I wasn't sure and I wanted to bring that back up... still not sure, so not voting him today.

gomez always plays as if he is town, but I am buying his goods this game. I believe tmodelt's claim... mainly as there was no counter.

so my vote goes to navy or meningitis, neither of whom have a current vote on them, so...

vote: navyet2sw

if I had a second vote it would be on men, or vice versa.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to Gomez

Now, on to why I buy the claim...

Attention on the claim here: »Re: [game] I'm Batman!
Commited to something that calls for validation.

Bread crumb here: »Re: [game] I'm Batman! Day 2
This is a committed bread crumb, with 12 players alive. Same day, he confirms it's in-fact a crumb. IMO, that's a hell of a gambit, given the possibility of a role conflict.

Generally only town or a risk player is going to lock-in a fake claim that early.

He's generally not a risk taker.. bullshitter, yes, but risk-adverse.

I'd be surprised if not amazed if he changed his game that radically, especially with such detail.
--

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA
reply to Dezbend

said by Dezbend:

I don't know if much more discussion will change my mind at all.

I fos'd chlen because I wasn't sure and I wanted to bring that back up... still not sure, so not voting him today.

gomez always plays as if he is town, but I am buying his goods this game. I believe tmodelt's claim... mainly as there was no counter.

so my vote goes to navy or meningitis, neither of whom have a current vote on them, so...

vote: navyet2sw

if I had a second vote it would be on men, or vice versa.

I'm not concerned with the no-counter. I suspect you need more than a Doctor anyway.
--

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
Places
reply to Kristopher

Vote: Gomez

I still don't believe Dezbend's claim. However, everyone else doesn't see anything wrong with having an ability that has a 1 in 3 chance of stopping the game right out of the gate. And since you all seem to buy his claim I have to go elsewhere.

Since I believe Gomez to be his mafia buddy, this is a close 2nd for me. I don't see another alternative.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Official Vote Count

navyet2sw - 1 - Dezbend (L-3)
tmodelt - 1 - navyet2sw (L-3)
Gomez - 2 - chlen, Meningitis (L-2)

Players not voting: Gomez, tmodelt
--

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

unvote

as this seems to be going nowhere currently. and i can role with the claim

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
reply to Kristopher

vote:men
If you are so sure on Dez then why move your vote? seems like you are jumping around just to get a lynch? Why?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

The Day wore on. Batman was scouring the city for the Joker, and any other criminal he could find. Another announcement broke through the radio and television waves.

Joker here again, folks! Seems like your precious Gotham Police and good old Bats haven't found me yet. Starting to sweat? I bet you are. Still can't get out of the city either, can you. Those who promised to serve and protect are now locking you into your doom. My suggestion? Rise up! Fight your would be saviors! Cause mayhem. It may be your last chance to do it. HAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahaha!

The radio transmission died, and regular programming commenced. The crowds that were already pushing at the exits of the city became more agitated. It was only a matter of time before they began to charge the lines, and force police to retaliate. Gotham was a city of chaos.

It is still Day. Just some flavor for fun. No real relation to the game.

Official Vote Count

navyet2sw - 1 - Dezbend (L-3)
Meningitis - 1 - tmodelt (L-3)

Players not voting: Gomez, navyet2sw
--

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to tmodelt

I think it is men and navy and like I said, a vote on one is as good as the other to me... so

vote: meningitis
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
Places
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

vote:men
If you are so sure on Dez then why move your vote? seems like you are jumping around just to get a lynch? Why?

Read the post. I said I think it's Dezbend and Gomez. You all don't see that Dezbend is lying. He has the ability to change the game at will, and that's ok with everyone. So, I vote his partner (Gomez) because at least someone else is voting for him.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
Places
reply to Dezbend

said by Dezbend:

I think it is men and navy and like I said, a vote on one is as good as the other to me... so

vote: meningitis

LOL. If your load of crap claim holds up it'll be insane. Bravo.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
Atlanta, GA

I've my disagreements on many things this game, but but I can only argue it so much. So be it.

You sir, are full of shit, and I grow tired of it.

Vote: Meningitis
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

Official Vote Count

Meningitis - 3 - tmodelt, Dezbend, Gomez (L-1)

Players not voting: navyet2sw
--

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Kristopher

vote meningitis

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

interesting?

was I wrong or are you distancing?

I think there are only a couple possibility's for who the joker is, so the mafia will probably take care of that for us (they don't want him alive anymore than we do tomorrow) therefore I am struggling as if I will even cut a wire tonight or not. It would be nice if the doctor would be nice enough to protect me tonight.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

Official Vote Count

Meningitis - 4 - tmodelt, Dezbend, Gomez, navyet2sw (L-0)

Players not voting: None

Twilight
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Mr. Zsasz
The Day finally ended. Everyone looked at Meningitis See Profile, and noticed he was a little twitchy. Something was off. He began to back away. They closed in. Meningitis See Profile pulled out a knife, and smiled.

"I got what I needed out of all this. I needed to kill, and it felt oh so good."

They beat him to death with a wide variety of blunt weapons.

Meningitis See Profile: Mr. Zsasz – Victor Zsasz – You are the List Serial Killer. You must send in a List per-game of who you are going to kill each Night. If the person is already dead, you skip them that Night and wait for the next Night. You win by surviving to the end of the game.

It is now Night. Please send in your actions.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Click for full size
I'm Batman!
The Night was busy for Batman and Nightwing. Evidence gathered throughout the past few days gave them insight as to the Joker's location. Nightwing created a diversion near a less than obvious entry point, causing the Joker to overextend his thugs. Batman slipped in through a ventilation shaft, and easily overcame his nemesis. A little forceful interrogation, and a reminder of the game rules set forth by the Joker, resulted in the locations and passwords to deactivate the bombs. Joker was returned to Arkham early in the evening.

Day broke, but Batman and Nightwing weren't finished yet. With the removal of the Joker, more information regarding the final two Arkham escapees became evident. Nightwing quickly apprehended Harley Quinn a short distance from the Joker's previous hideout, and Batman returned to Arkham a short time later with Ras Al Ghul. Another Joker plot foiled, and another win for Batman.

That's Game! Mafia Wins! Congratulations to Gomez, navy, and BR. Also a congrats to Dezbend and Meningitis for living so long with their Independent Roles. Have to say, in the end I was pulling for Dezbend to blow up Gotham; but I should have known that Batman never actually loses. Also the Good Sport award goes to ekster. His role was a bitch to play. I'll post what we did to keep him entertained during that long Day One where he couldn't talk.

Game info to follow.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Town

tmodelt See Profile: Harley Quinn – Dr. Harleen Quinzel – You are the Town Doctor. You can choose one person to hide away and protect each Night. You win with the Town.

Krisnatharok See Profile: Killer Croc – Waylon Jones – You are the Crazed Fiend. You have one kill you can use at any time. You win with the Town.

AVD See Profile: Two-Face - Big Bad Harv – You are the Town Roleblocker. You can choose one person per Night and block their actions. You win with the Town. If this player is killed, then BigReds42 See Profile is also killed as they are the same person.

DrModem See Profile: The Scarecrow – Dr. Jonathan Crane – You are the Town Psychologist. You can investigate one person per Night to see if they are Sane or Insane. You win with the Town. All Town and Independent result Insane, as well as Harvey Dent. Batman and Nightwing result Sane

TheRul See Profile: Poison Ivy – Pamela Lillian Isley – You are the Town Stump. You may call STUMP anytime during the Day and become stumped. As a stump, you cannot die but also cannot vote or take actions. You win with the Town.

ProtusMose See Profile: Mr. Freeze – Dr. Victor Fries – You are the Town Time Freezer. You can freeze a player each Night and force their current action to take place the following Night’s action. You win with the Town.

Archivis See Profile: Ventriloquist – Arnold Wesker – You are the Town Ventriloquist. You cannot role claim or you will be Mod Killed. You can PM a statement anytime to the Mod each Day, and the Mod will ensure the person you target post the message without adding suspicion to it. You win with the Town.

chlen See Profile: Ra’s Al Ghul – You are the Town Lazarus. If killed, your role will not be revealed and you will come back to life the following day. This only happens once. You win with the Town.

ekster See Profile: The Riddler – Edward Nigma – You are the Town Nightspeaker/Cop. You can only speak during the Night phase of the game. Speaking during the Day will result in a Mod Kill. You can vote during the Day, but the vote must be exactly as such, Vote: Player, and you cannot spam vote. You may also investigate one person per Day to get a result of Mafia, Town, or Independent. You win with the Town.

AntonyLingo See Profile: Clayface – Preston Payne – You are the Town Changeling. You can permanently swap roles with another player a Night of your choosing. Your allegiance does not change. You win with the Town. The person who gets the Changeling role will just be told they are vanilla town. They cannot swap roles with anyone due to it.

Independent

Dezbend See Profile: The Joker – You are the Nihilist. If you are not killed by Day 5, you kill all remaining players and win the game.

Meningitis See Profile: Mr. Zsasz – Victor Zsasz – You are the List Serial Killer. You must send in a List per-game of who you are going to kill each Night. If the person is already dead, you skip them that Night and wait for the next Night. You win by surviving to the end of the game. If this player targets Batman for Night Kill, Batman will stop them and lock them back up in Arkham Asylum.

Mafia

navyet2sw See Profile: Batman – Bruce Wayne – You are the Mafia Godfather. Your Mafia Team can send one villain back to Arkham Asylum per Night. You show up Town on Investigations. You cannot be Night Killed. You may communicate privately with your partners Gomez See Profile and BigReds42 See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

Gomez See Profile: Nightwing – Dick Grayson – You are the Mafia Fog. Everyone Investigated detects as ???? until you are killed. You may communicate privately with your partners navyet2sw See Profile and BigReds42 See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

BigReds42 See Profile: Two Face – Harvey Dent – You are the Mafia Roleblocker. You can choose one person per Night and block their actions. You may communicate privately with your partners Gomez See Profile, and navyet2sw See Profile You win with the Mafia. If this player is killed, then AVD See Profile is also killed as they are the same person. This player also shows up as Insane upon investigation.

Mr. Zsasz Murder List
ekster
krisnatharok
avd Killed before Zsasz could get to him.
ProtusMose Killed before Zsasz could get to him.
BigReds42 Killed before Zsasz could get to him.
chlen
Dezbend
TheRul Killed before Zsasz could get to him.
Gomez

Day 1 / Night 1 Actions
Krisnatharok killed and partially devoured AntonyLingo
Archivis made Krisnatharok say “I’m the Joker”
ekster investigated AVD and received the result ????
chlen was lynched but his lazarus ability activated – no role PM and alive Day 2
tmodelt protected Meningitis
DrModem investigated Archivis and received the result ????
ProtusMose froze Krisnatharok but he had no action
BigReds42 blocked Dezbend
AVD blocked No One
The Mafia captured TheRul and sent him back to Arkham
Meningitis killed ekster

Day 2 / Night 2 Actions
AVD was lynched which also killed BigReds42
ProtusMose froze tmodelt so his action will take place Night 3
tmodelt protected Gomez but due to being frozen the action occurs Night 3
DrModem investigated Gomez and received the result ????
The Mafia captured DrModem and sent him back to Arkham
Meningitis killed Krisnatharok

Day 3 / Night 3 Actions
Archivis made Gomez say The Gettysburg Address
Protus froze Meningitis but he had no action due to AVD already being dead
Tmodelt protected Gomez as he was unfrozen and his input action to protect navy didn’t count
The Mafia captured ProtusMose and sent him back to Arkham
2 Town + 2 Mafia + 2 Separate Independents = Pure Awesomeness

Day 4 / Night 4 Actions
Meningitis was lynched
tmodelt protected navyet2sw
The Mafia captured Dezbend to win the game
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Kristopher

GG

Lesson learned for myself. I cannot, as town, sit idly by and be passive throughout the game. I cannot let mafia like Gomez dictate the pace and direction of the game.

If you're town, it is your duty to do the same. Well done though. I wish the joker would have won though.

--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Kristopher

gomez/navyvet, I am curious what you knew and when you knew it.