spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

themagicone

join:2003-08-13
Osseo, MN

[Connectivity] Picked up a new D3 modem from Comcast, Ubee?

I traded in my D2 for a D3 modem today. They gave me some weird brand, Ubee. I've never heard of them before. Anyway, got it installed. I went from 16 down to 20 down. I'm on the blast package. I'll probably order a 6120 but for now this one seems good. Weird that my speed went up being that the package is still listed to be 16/2. My old D2 modem never went over 22-23 and would settle at 16.

PerfectCode

join:2009-06-12
Portland, OR
I used a D3 Ubee modem down in Eugene, and it worked great.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to themagicone
Ubee is a decent brand. The 6120 is a favorite on this site, but there are plenty of capable Docsis 3.0 modems. Dont be fooled though, just because it has a bit of a silly name

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to themagicone
Ubee used to be known as Ambit micro, and has done a lot of manufactering under various names of "house brand" electronics.
they've been making DOCSIS gear for about as long as anybody, and gereally turn out basic/low frills, but functional modems. since you're not buying it, you get what they have in stock.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to themagicone
One thing I liked from the reports I heard about the Ubee was the modem info pages, particularly the one that shows the config file (the one that defines the speed tier assigned to the modem).

Here: »Ubee (Ambit) U10C035 Modem screenshots
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

NathanO

join:2008-08-21
Moorestown, NJ
Unfortunately they removed that page with a recent firmware update. Otherwise, its a solid modem.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
yup no more info screens....
--
I'm better than you!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to NathanO
Sorry to hear that (probably have heard it before and forgotten). Since you are now calling it a solid modem (the important thing), I'm gathering you were able to move past your initial complaints with it. Firmware?
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

NathanO

join:2008-08-21
Moorestown, NJ
Yea, it just had a small bout of issues in the beginning which were resolved after a firmware update.

themagicone

join:2003-08-13
Osseo, MN
reply to themagicone
I have no problem with it being a weird name. Just curious. My connection seems a lot better with a D3 modem, but that it probably just a placebo effect.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to NathanO
said by NathanO:

Unfortunately they removed that page with a recent firmware update. Otherwise, its a solid modem.

Not surprising...

EnasYorl
Thieves World

join:2001-12-02
West
reply to themagicone
Loads of Ubee's on support page »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/