spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Marvelous
@sprintbbd.net

Marvelous

Anon

Upgrading from Ovation to MiFi

Hi, I've had the Ovation USB device since September but I need a router so I'm going to be getting the MiFi device. My question is, can I keep my same b2g account or would I have to start fresh? I really hope I can keep my account because I want to stick with the 40 dollar plan.

I did call customer service earlier and they said they can do an account transfer between equipment over the phone. But I'm still kind of nervous...has anyone done that before and is it legit? Is it complicated at all? Thanks in advance for any answers.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

You can also do it online.

When you log into your account click Activate... then choose:
"I'm a current customer and I want to swap Virgin Mobile phones."

Enter the new serial number and once it processes you should be good to go.

Do you require the battery operated mode? Because the Cradlepoint MBR 1000 is a much better router... and you can use the MC760 with it.

Edit: I've swapped devices out on a couple accounts no problems.
One time I had problems with one of the devices but it was on spints side... their activation system was backlogged once it caught up it worked fine.

Marvelous
@sprintbbd.net

Marvelous

Anon

Thanks for making me aware of the online feature - that helps a lot.

I...honestly have no idea what battery operated mode means. I'm not very tech savvy at all I'm sorry haha. Can I purchase the Cradlepoint router at a store? Do I need a modem or anything to make it work (if so I'm screwed because I lack a modem)?

Basically I only need this router to play DS/PS3 online. Sorry for bombarding you with questions haha.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

No problem... this is a cradlepoint router:

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· -Product

Notice how its 159 right now... well newegg lowers the price to 109.99 pretty regularly... it has actual ethernet ports and wifi and is is a full router. The mifi is wifi only and while it is very handy and portable it doesn't have all the features that a normal router would.

You wouldn't need a modem other than your current MC760.

One advantage the MiFi has is that it has a battery built in so it is truely portable... the cradlepoint requires a wall adapter.

I personally use a rechargeable powerpack to run my cradlepoint for hours at a time while out and about... so it is possible to use it in a portable mode... it just takes up much more space than a mifi for portable use.

I own a MiFi myself but I have to admit I use it as a modem more often than as a router ... as a modem it works great but as a router it tends to power itself off for no reason and its feature set doesn't compare to the cradlepoint.

Here is the official cradlepoint page:
»www.cradlepoint.com/prod ··· s-router

Check in this forum, or sprint, or mcom forums as people usually mention when newegg drops the price to 109 for the mbr1000.