spc
uniqs

MEohME
@wideopenwest.com

MEohME to Skippy25

Anon

to Skippy25

Re: Pathetic

As far as MSOs rights to deploy into a City are NOT subsidies. NOTHING was given to them except being able to serve those cities; especially when it is NOT cost bearable to over build in MOST areas. RCN has already seen that issue. Look how many times they've been sold. Look at VZ- their TV service has a HUGE drop in numbers compared to what they protected and want. ATT is the same way. Overbuilding is NOT something that makes sense.

As defending broadband as 45mbps that was VZ that did that. NOT ATT. that has been on here before as VZ making claims that they could do that to PA. Which really they did. It is available and it is available to anyone. Place the order and pay for it. It's simple.

They don't fight to define broadband at 3megs. Only because the FCC has NO power over that. That's the whole point you fail to see. The FCC has NO POWER OVER THE INTERNET. Got it? I'm sure you don't. Competition is NOT created when you wholesale/resell a product. That is only creating a leach that will NEVER do anything else with the product. Why should I build out a network and then let you come along and resell it just so you can provide your own service? You didn't spend anything on the network. I did. And thats the same way these companies feel. And the only real countries that did anything with reselling/wholesaling was France and GB. And see where Canada is left with their wholesaling/reselling issue? they're pretty much stuck on 6meg DSL which is the way the US would be if it wasn't for killing line sharing on that or on new networks.

And no my argument on WISPs is not silly. The OP at the stop said ALL carriers. WISPs are a carrier and thus should be required to do wholesale/resell as well. What is good for one company IS good for all. Means of getting the product to the customer does not matter. Especially when you're treating the Internet as Title II.

And people being educated on here? Not really. They just fail to see the real picture on how things work and thats the problem with this site. Nobody knows how the real works; just what they want and demand it. Sorry; things don't work that way. If you want something different then- you need to do 1 of two things; Build it yourself- or 2 shut up about it cause it will NEVER happen. But not on here- this site just lets you bitch about it and let those voices over rule everyone elese's opinions because it is not what the majority thinks nor sees.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

I didnt bother reading your entire message after you completely discredited your statements by saying "especially when it is NOT cost bearable to over build in MOST areas." and "Overbuilding is NOT something that makes sense." So what you are saying is that they should continue to have a protected monopoly / duopoly that allows them to earn a much larger profit through charging the customer more than they could in a competitive market. Which by the way is the #1 subsidy they have received and continue to receive. NICE!