Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to MEohME

Re: Pathetic

The Federal Government should pass a law that encourages muni fiber to the premises build outs wherever existing telecommunications companies refuse to do such build outs. The law should also overturn all state bans of muni fiber because those state bans violate the interstate commerce clause.

MEohME

@wideopenwest.com
no they shoudn't. Gov'ts will NEVER be able to support that. What happens when content prices go up? Do you know who gets to pay that? Your Parents or even Grandparents who live on fixed incomes. Why should their hard earned money go to pay your TV bill or even mine? Why should I have to pay for YOU to have something that I may not want? See the problem? Why should anyone be MADE to pay for your Internet or cableTV when it is NOT a utlity? States that pass muni bans KNOW what they're doing. They're protecting hard earned income those residents earned instead of tossing it away to some project that will ALWAYS be in the RED.

MEohME

@wideopenwest.com
reply to Sammer
And how does it violate interstate commerce? You still have access to services that you had before.