how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

test12345678

@fuse.net

Change in DSL Router Spped, but really

Hello:

I recently noticed in the network stats of my Westell modem that it was connected at 5Mbytes. I ran a speed test and it indicated my download speed was still 2Mbytes. I tried rebooting and powering down the router, but still it did not increase in speed. I noticed in the stats my signal to noise ratio is the best its ever been. I called the Zoomtown number and they tried some things on there end, but nothing chaged. The CSR told me work was being done in my neghborhood and I should check things in a few days. Below are my networks stats. Thanks for any advice on how to really get 5Mbytes like the modem indicates.

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 5053 764
Margin (dB) 30.9 13.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 13.0 6.7
Transmit Power (dBm) 5.2 10.2

Snyper

@fuse.net
Having the same issue... What zip arr you in? I'm 41051.

test87654321

@fuse.net
I am in zip 45230. If you happen to get a resolution, please post here.

Much appreciated,

Barry

test7654321

@fuse.net
reply to Snyper
Syyper:

Here is an update on my DSL issue. I called the help line and got the same old response about how nothing can be done. After a while I insisted a line test by a truck coming to my house. In the mean time I spoke with one of the CB people who happened to be working on a new box in my neighborhood. He told me in addition to resetting the hardware at the central office a change had to be maded owntown. The person who cameto the house today did the line test and commented I had a really good signal. He then tried to tell me I had 5Mbytes even though the speed test said I had 2Mbytes. I told him the info above and he made a call downtown and gave htem my phone number. In about 3-4 minutes, wham I now had about 4Mbytes/sec, imagine that:). I would recommend call the help line and insist they send a truck, if they try to tell the BS they told me tell them about the chage that needs to be made downtown. Good luck bro.

Herre are current stats

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 5053 764
Margin (dB) 32.9 13.4
Line Attenuation (dB) 13.0 6.9
Transmit Power (dBm) 5.8 10.2