spc
Search similar:

uniqs
papabri
join:2009-11-11
Guelph, ON

papabri

Battle.net connection dropping?

Thought I'd post to see if anyone else was having this problem. I'm in Burlington and a friend of mine is in Waterdown. Both of us use cogeco. Over the past week or so that I remember there might be a time during an SC2 game where both of us start having connection problems to battle.net. It usually ends up dropping us and I can't really see any pattern in what causes it. While we're both dropping from battle.net, we can talk on vent no problem, browse websites, fire off some msn messages, etc.

Anyone else see this?
mr_
join:2007-02-23
Oakville, ON

2 edits

mr_

I've been getting the same problem when playing League of Legends ever since Friday, March 4th (I'm in Oakville on Ultimate 30). I get dropped out of the game and can't visit leagueoflegends.com or reconnect to the game. Every other site works fine and my ping in Ventrilo doesn't spike or anything, I can still talk to people normally as if nothing is wrong. This lasts anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes and there's no predicting when it will happen, it's even happened when I just turned on the computer and tried to open the game/LoL website to no success.

While I'm almost positive this is out of my control (because it will randomly happen without me doing anything out of the ordinary) and can only be remedied by Cogeco themselves - I will list everything I've tried to fix the problem:

-Changing DNS server to OpenDNS/Google's DNS
-Direct connection to modem (no router)
-Forwarding League of Legends ports
-Releasing/renewing DHCP
-Using the clone MAC address feature on my router to fetch a new IP address (to rule out Denial of Service... although that wouldn't make it so I only can't visit leagueoflegends.com or play LoL)
-Closing all other applications that could be saturating my connection

My PC is free of any malware/spyware/you name it, I'm 99.9999% sure of this... you will have to take my word on this one.

I hope this is just a small hiccup that Cogeco can fast track a fix for because it's extremely demoralizing to be in an hour long game, just to lag out when things are just about to get interesting. Not only is the game ruined for me but I've ruined 9 other people's games on 4 separate occasions in the past two days.

AMailer
join:2004-04-03

AMailer to papabri

to papabri
Yep, I've had this happen to me as well. Thought it was related to battle.net however.
mr_
join:2007-02-23
Oakville, ON

mr_ to papabri

to papabri
It's happening right now, ugh.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by mr_:

It's happening right now, ugh.

Any information you have on their server address would be helpful in working towards diagnosing your problem .
vonSchroeder
join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON

vonSchroeder to papabri

to papabri
I don't know about LoL but us.battle.net is hosted on AT&T like all of Blizzard's North American WoW servers. us.battle.net specifically appears to be hosted in AT&T's Los Angeles datacenter.

I am not a WoW player so I haven't been following the known AT&T-Bell Chicago uplink saturation issues. If those issues are still ongoing it could explain the problem OP is having with Battle.net.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

said by vonSchroeder:

I am not a WoW player so I haven't been following the known AT&T-Bell Chicago uplink saturation issues. If those issues are still ongoing it could explain the problem OP is having with Battle.net.

This was fixed ~2 weeks ago.
papabri
Guelph, ON

1 edit

papabri

Not sure if I'm the only one tonight but I'm having serious problems connecting to battle.net. I'm currently talking to a buddy on Rogers in Thornhill, ON and he's having no issues connecting. Unfortunately my buddy who's also on cogeco isn't around tonight to test it on his end. Anyone else on slogeco having issues?

EDIT: After an hour of this it's now working.

chdude3
join:2003-07-29
Oakville, ON

chdude3 to papabri

to papabri
I'd suggest taking a look at this thread:
»Intermittent Internet Service: D-Link Routers

Sounds like your issue may just be another symptom.
papabri
Guelph, ON

papabri

Unfortunately I'm running a linksys wrt400n

Oh wellz will post again when I notice it again.