how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wheels_15

join:2011-03-06
Williamsport, PA

[DVR] comcast dvr not alowing me to record movies

Can some one tell me how to reset my full dvr I can get in to the dvr screen but when i go to my recordings it says no dvr found the dvr feature has been turned off can some one help me get my dvr access back i called comcast and they just told me to bring it back to get a new dvr. the rest of the dvr works i can watch tv and every thing just can not watch or record dvr movies

Any help is appricated thanks

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2

Um... unplug power, wait 5-10 secs, plug back in.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to wheels_15

said by wheels_15:

i called comcast and they just told me to bring it back to get a new dvr. the rest of the dvr works i can watch tv and every thing just can not watch or record dvr movies

Any help is appricated thanks

You called Comcast. They said trade it in for a new DVR. Why wouldn't you do that?

not

@comcast.net
reply to wheels_15

The hard drive has failed in your DVR box. I had one that did the same thing. When the drive fails, the DVR portion of the box is disabled because it cannot find a drive to record to. You'll need to swap out the box.

Comcast_AL

join:2010-09-06
Jewett City, CT
reply to wheels_15

Sometimes formatting the HD will fix everything.

gusington

@comcast.net
reply to wheels_15

I am having th same problem and Comcast (yesterday) said it is a major problem they are actively working on. Also, I noticed the itv icon and DVR option are missing from the pop up menu and there are new up/down buttons that do not work. I'll call them again inthe am. I live inChester County PA.

ak3883

join:2005-08-20
Portsmouth, RI

said by gusington :

I am having th same problem and Comcast (yesterday) said it is a major problem they are actively working on. Also, I noticed the itv icon and DVR option are missing from the pop up menu and there are new up/down buttons that do not work. I'll call them again inthe am. I live inChester County PA.

I got a random new menu like you described once, it had "up" and "down" buttons in the main menu button when you press MENU on the remote. Can't remember why, but it was a 24 hour thing, a result of some messed up update that was pushed out to the box. IIRC it was fixed the following morning. It's not your setup or box.

Wranthis

join:2009-09-21
Altoona, WI

Has anyone thought that it may not be a technical issue at all?

I remember working for an MSO, and some programs (PPV live fights, some premium channel movies) aren't allowed to be recorded. As in, a DVR will not record the show. It will live-record, allowing you to pause, etc but it will not record it to the hard drive. This is "working as intended".

They do this for licensing reasons I'm sure.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Generally, the 'local' DVR should be able to record. The block is usually trying to make a digital copy using the digital outputs.

Wranthis

join:2009-09-21
Altoona, WI

1 edit

Yeah, the digital ouputs are blocked quite often, to prevent you from recording to another source.

But the block that I mean is the ones that they put on the DVR itself, such as during a PPV movie or boxing/UFC fight, those can get blocked even on the DVR itself.

OP, was it a PPV movie by chance that you were trying to record, or a broadcasted movie?

EDIT- so I actually re-read the OP, and it seems to be ALL movie recording is not working, so this is not likely the reason.