uniqs

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99

Instead of Obamacare.....

Instead of Obamacare, which nobody wants, why couldn't they have done something useful like Obama fiber broadband. At least it would be popular, cheaper and you know Chicago would be the first to get FiOS. I mean Home Land Security could install an off switch, the RIAA/MPAA could get what they want. Google would rule. Apple would take over the world, Facebook would be secretly purchased by the CIA..........Whoa just woke up what a horrible nightmare I just had
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Because even fewer constituents want to pay for "ObamaFiber" than "ObamaCare". Can you imagine the outrage of being forced to subscribe to a minimum level of access to the Internet and to be penalized for not doing so.....with, or without this imaginary surveillance built in?

MEohME
@wideopenwest.com

MEohME

Anon

People actually want the National Health Care plan. That healthcare plan actually helps you in the long wrong. You know what happens when you hit your insurance cap currently? They drop you. ALL insurance companies have that cap. There are many people that have hit that cap and still do today. The National Health Care plan helps get rid of that cap over a period of a few years to help you and the kids of the future as health care costs rise. Do you really know how much it costs to treat a child with cancer figuring the child could live to their 70s? It is NOT cheap. Would you want to pay for that? I'm sure you wouldn't and by getting rid of the cap your own child could even obtain and afford healthcare in the long run if that would happen to them.

And nobody wants national fiber except BBR. The costs to deploy such a FTTH network to everyone is NOT feasible. Qwest would even tell you and provide the numbers on such a deal.
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND

travelguy

said by MEohME :

ALL insurance companies have that cap.

No, they don't. You may have such a plan, but i can assure you that many plans do not have caps.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 recommendation

SimbaSeven to MEohME

to MEohME
said by MEohME :

The costs to deploy such a FTTH network to everyone is NOT feasible. Qwest would even tell you and provide the numbers on such a deal.

I call BS on that one. Heck, with copper costs rising, deploying fiber would probably be cheaper now.

Just deploy it in stages, not the whole darn thing at once.

..and do you actually believe everything that Qwest/CenturyTel tells you?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to MEohME

Premium Member

to MEohME
said by MEohME :

People actually want the National Health Care plan. That healthcare plan actually helps you in the long wrong.

Uh huh...keep telling yourself that
said by MEohME :

And nobody wants national fiber except BBR.

Wow, we agree????

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster
said by Transmaster:

At least it would be popular, cheaper and you know Chicago would be the first to get FiOS

Chicago is At&t. I doubt they would do anything fiber.

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

1 recommendation

Transmaster to MEohME

to MEohME
said by MEohME :

That healthcare plan actually helps you in the long wrong.

And nobody wants national fiber except BBR. The costs to deploy such a FTTH network to everyone is NOT feasible. Qwest would even tell you and provide the numbers on such a deal.

Ya-da-ya-da we have heard all this before, The answer is fix what is wrong don't destroy the whole system.

A national broad band system would be a fantastic investment in the nation infrastructure and in the long run would enhance tax revenues. Oh and look and see what can be done using a modern high-speed internet for health care. hint; check out the Indian Health Service in Alaska.
Transmaster

Transmaster to djdanska

to djdanska
Your new major will send them dead fish, that will get the job done.
viperlmw
Premium Member
join:2005-01-25

viperlmw to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster
I guess I'm nobody, because I want national health care, which you said nobody wants. That attitude also mirrors the right, where what they want is what "everybody" wants, and what they don't want "nobody" wants. They don't care about anybody but themselves and their club (for growth).

The states definitely need to look into whether or not this was Frontier's plan all along.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch to travelguy

to travelguy
said by travelguy:

said by MEohME :

ALL insurance companies have that cap.

No, they don't. You may have such a plan, but i can assure you that many plans do not have caps.

But, as it stands, you can't choose your plan, not in any meaningful way, so if your employer's plan is crappy, you're essentially stuck. You could change jobs, but good luck doing that in this economy.

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy to Transmaster

to Transmaster
I want Obamacare. Don't complain when you get deny by your insurance company =D. Did they just raise your monthly fee. I'm sure you love monopoly + corruption with the insurance company.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MEohME

Premium Member

to MEohME
said by MEohME :

People actually want the National Health Care plan. That healthcare plan actually helps you in the long wrong. You know what happens when you hit your insurance cap currently? They drop you. ALL insurance companies have that cap. There are many people that have hit that cap and still do today. The National Health Care plan helps get rid of that cap over a period of a few years to help you and the kids of the future as health care costs rise. Do you really know how much it costs to treat a child with cancer figuring the child could live to their 70s? It is NOT cheap. Would you want to pay for that? I'm sure you wouldn't and by getting rid of the cap your own child could even obtain and afford healthcare in the long run if that would happen to them.

Where do you come up with this nonsense? I was perfectly happy with the insurance I had (no caps btw) and now I'm paying twice as much for it with a company not of my choice all because of Obamacare and Obamanomics. I do not at all appreciate you leftys shoving things down my throat I neither wanted, voted for nor can this country afford. You want to save the world...start in your own backyard and stay the hell out of my wallet and my decision making process. Get it? Good...
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Yeah I noticed the healthcare in private industry went down. Not just prices raised up (which normally they do every year). They stopped offering plans with lower deductibles. They used to offer PPO 500, 250 and even 0 deductible in individual market (in Illinois), now they offer minimum $1500 min deductible in the same price range and its probably higher now.

Look at New York, Massachusetts who have highly regulated insurance. In New York it is the most expensive, they run minimum at $1200 a month if you don't have one sponsored through employer.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

sonicmerlin to MEohME

to MEohME
said by MEohME :

Uh right, that's why there was such a frenzy over Google's FTTH plans, and there are numerous communities pushing for muni fiber.

Australia is even less dense than America and they're pushing fiber to 93% of their populace. Rural fiber deployments have demonstrated the cost difference between muni and rural fiber is insignificant, in large part thanks to the fact that almost all rural houses are situated along a main road. You don't have to pull fiber or dig trenches out in the middle of nowhere.

The beauty of national FTTH is that it pays for itself over time, and subsequently becomes a new source of revenue for the government. That means less taxes for everyone in the long run, and significantly less expensive broadband prices in the short run since no one has to pay the private duopoly tax that pays for the CEOs' huge bonuses.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to FizzyMyNizzy

to FizzyMyNizzy
said by FizzyMyNizzy:

I want Obamacare. Don't complain when you get deny by your insurance company =D. Did they just raise your monthly fee. I'm sure you love monopoly + corruption with the insurance company.

And you think government will fix it? Name one thing that the government has done cheaper and more efficient than private industry. Not to mention I'm in the same boat as some - the company I worked for had a great health plan. Now we get a crummy one since they figure we will all choose the government stuff. Or it makes the government plans look more attractive.

And if you think the govt will give everyone the best health care you're delusional. You will get the absolute minimum to keep you alive for the shortest possible time. Look at Canada, the UK, etc and see.... They draw the line for certain things (dialysis, transplants) when you get older. While it's not "death panels" you don't get the best care.

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy

So, you want to fill up some fat guy packet instead? Swimming in your money? I rather trust my government than some guy that could take the money and run to some other country.

Hey, don't cry when your insurance company deny you. =D.

Why are you comparing apple and orange. They are not America. We are.

Oh, right you want some doctor that never read your report and having the insurance company forge his name, to deny your claim. Insurance company are the biggest scammer, and you still want to support them. HAHAHAHA. You already delusional believing insurance will cover you every single inch all the way. They could deny you at any time you know and swimming on your hard earn money.

GeeWhizBang
@comcast.net

GeeWhizBang to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
The fact that you call it "Obamacare" indicates that you are informed mostly by FAUX news. Secondly, the National Health Care Plan is not what liberals wanted anyway. If we had our way, we'd be on a single payer plan or Medicare for all.

Nevertheless despite all of the BS churned up by FAUX news, the tea-partiers, and the various astroturf groups funded by the Koch Brothers, there are some pretty good things in the new health care bill.

If you are complaining about your costs going up, tho, perhaps you should have supported the public option, which was important to keep the prices down. The problem with the recent legislation is not that it went too far, it didn't go far enough. But it is still far better than doing nothing.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to FizzyMyNizzy

to FizzyMyNizzy
If the costs of healthcare were not raising faster than inflation we would never have discussion about healthcare reform!
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 recommendation

fiberguy2 to FizzyMyNizzy

Premium Member

to FizzyMyNizzy
said by FizzyMyNizzy:

So, you want to fill up some fat guy packet instead? Swimming in your money? I rather trust my government than some guy that could take the money and run to some other country.

Hey Clueless... Every heard of Timmy G? .. the head of the Treasury? There's one great trustworthy honest man for you. There's PLENTY of "people" or as you call them "fat guys" in government that are profiting on your back EVERY damn day and taking the money and running to some other country... idiot.

Sorry, but you're an example of alot of what is wrong in Liberal America today. "TRUST THE GOVERNMENT" you say.. the government will never screw us.. right? Power and money corrupt. You really REALLY need to do your own homework on the people IN government and STOP taking your talking points from Queen Pelosi and Prince Reid. Obama lies at every turn and has gone back on every promise. The people in the Federal Reserve BANK (a private owned bank) has controlled government and manipulated every aspect of our econony.. You need to stop and see the trail of people and money of those in power in this government you trust so much.

For ANYONE that wants to blindly trust the government is a complete idiot for a human. WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT! Those fat guys you talk about control the government... even your beloved Pelosi has been strapping it on and taking good care of you buddy,.

Remember a famous quote from Queen Pelosi?... "If you want to know what's in the health care bill, you have to pass it first!" - what kind of a load of crap is that? That is a verifiable quote from the bitches mouth herself! how DARE she spew that kind of crap on the American people? How DARE NoBama stand behind that kinda crap and sign his garbage into law. Seriously.. this is the government you trust so much???

Our wig-wearing fore-fathers are turning in their graves to this date.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Here in Illinois, they plan to tax retirement funds. So you'll end up being double taxed, once you retire I like Chicago but I hate the state it is in - Illinois.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to itguy05

to itguy05
said by itguy05:

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

And you think government will fix it? Name one thing that the government has done cheaper and more efficient than private industry. Not to mention I'm in the same boat as some - the company I worked for had a great health plan. Now we get a crummy one since they figure we will all choose the government stuff. Or it makes the government plans look more attractive.

And if you think the govt will give everyone the best health care you're delusional. You will get the absolute minimum to keep you alive for the shortest possible time. Look at Canada, the UK, etc and see.... They draw the line for certain things (dialysis, transplants) when you get older. While it's not "death panels" you don't get the best care.

There is a mountain of recent evidence that privatizing energy companies in California led to blackouts and huge price rises.

You also know absolutely nothing about Canada, the UK, or really any country. I don't know why you believe Fox News when they tell you what it's like. Why don't you talk to Canadians or English people?

Why do you think they're so unwilling to give up their government health care? Why do you believe that you know more than the people themselves who actually live there? Stop being such an arrogant douche and find out for yourself.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Healthier people lead to increased productivity. But instead we push them off, because it is easier and cheaper to replace sick with healthy than pay well for his benefits.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to Transmaster

to Transmaster
But the healthcare system is in place now Obamacare just changes how it's payed for and how you buy healthcare.

Fiber needs A LOT CABLES run and hardware installed. Obamacare does need need new mini hospitals on EACH BLOCK + cables from them to EACH HOUSE on the block.