Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

1 edit

DrStrange

Premium Member

maybe a use for the 'free market' here?

If I lived in one of the areas served by Frontier, I'd set people up for $100-150 and make a killing.

If I needed several thousand dollars for the same equipment equipment Frontier's installers use, I could get a small business loan or put it on a credit card and it would be paid off in no time.

Never mind. I skimmed the article and missed the part about Frontier not wanting new FIOS TV subcribers. I thought this was the cost for 'professional install' if the customer couldn't self-install.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

How would you hook them up to Frontier's network? I think Frontier would have something to say about that. And they wouldn't contract with you so you could do it. Remember, they're doing this as a way to keep people from signing up, not as a way to recover costs, so they _want_ the install cost to be outrageous.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

I was thinking self-install with a $500 charge for 'professional' assistance.

If Frontier doesn't want new subscribers, there's not much anyone can do except go elsewhere.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

I think it's Frontier's way of telling people to bug off.

And, having gone through a U-verse install, I can tell you there's no such thing as a self-install. I'm guessing FiOS is the same way.