uniqs

kdoggmdf
Premium Member
join:2008-08-07
Westerville, OH

kdoggmdf

Premium Member

MidOhio Also Launching Beginning in April

Time Warner Cable is getting ready to launch the next generation of Internet service to customers across the Midwest Region. Using DOCSIS 3 equipment and our advanced fiber network we will be able to deliver an incredible online experience. There will be two new levels of service available:
Time Warner Cable Wideband Internet
TWC Wideband Internet is the ultimate high speed experience. Customers can upload photos while downloading files and streaming a TV show – all without missing a beat.
• 50 Mbps down X 5 Mbps up
• Download speeds 7X faster than Road Runner Standard
• Built in wireless service on 802.11 n router
• 30 mailboxes and up to 10 Gb of email storage
• $99.95 per month, savings available in select bundles
• Part of Signature Home package where available
Road Runner Broadband Extreme
Road Runner Extreme offers incredible speed at a price that makes it a great deal. The perfect next step for Turbo subscribers that want more.
• 30 Mbps down X 5 Mbps up
• 30 mailboxes with 10 Gb of email storage
• $19.95 on top of Road Runner Standard, or $10.00 to upgrade from Turbo
• Add Wireless for just $4.99 more per month
Business Class is working hand-in-hand with the residential side of the business to simultaneously launch Business Class Wideband.
Business Class Wideband
Business Class customers will have the choice of two new premium speed tiers:
• Up to 35 megabits per second (Mbps) downstream / 5 Mbps upstream
• Up to 50 Mbps downstream / 5 Mbps upstream
• 10 E-Mail boxes standard
Launch Timing:
These new high speed services will be rolled out by hubs beginning in the 2nd quarter. Similar to our roll out of Digital Phone we will launch with a group of hubs and add to our service area over time. Much more information about when and where will be coming soon. Starting March 9 each Division Website will have additional information as well as a sign up to get on the waiting list for when it is available in a specific area.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

What about Northeast Ohio? Also will they be upgrading the standard tiers? I've had the same speed for almost a decade... it's getting stale.

kdoggmdf
Premium Member
join:2008-08-07
Westerville, OH

kdoggmdf

Premium Member

Re: [DVR] whole house dvr

It depends on the area in the twc neo service area. It will be released by hub in Columbus but I don't know about anywhere else.
though
join:2003-12-03
Lincoln, NE

though to kdoggmdf

to kdoggmdf

Lincoln, Nebraska -- when????????

come onnnnnnnn time warner!

bzornes
join:2005-05-26
Bethel, OH

bzornes to kdoggmdf

to kdoggmdf

Re: MidOhio Also Launching Beginning in April

That's what I read last year, literally around the exact same time...

MEohME
@wideopenwest.com

MEohME to kdoggmdf

Anon

to kdoggmdf

Re: [DVR] whole house dvr

NEO/WPA does not do service upgrades at the same time as MidOhio. NEO/WPA was working on this over a year ago and never did anything with it As many options that are available in the TWC service area in the NEO WPA area they should just give up all together. ATT out preforms TWC's speeds, COX BLOWS TWC away with their D3 upgrades and WOW is going to be launching D3 this year as well.

And MUCH of MidOhio is now being moved to NEO. NEO reachs all the way to the Toledo/Port Clinton area of Ohio. They pulled that from MidOhio and moved it when they started selling off Adelphia markets.
MEohME

MEohME to bzornes

Anon

to bzornes

Re: MidOhio Also Launching Beginning in April

actually yah it was one. LoL. It was suppose to be available last year; but never came TWC needs to give up.

Brandonrox
@rr.com

Brandonrox to bzornes

Anon

to bzornes
I just want Cincinnati bell Fioptics... screw cable
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by Brandonrox :

I just want Cincinnati bell Fioptics... screw cable

Yea.. CB is really pushing a great product huh?

On the "comparison page" they tout their 30mb fioptics against cable's 8mb connection. (Maybe someone should tell the phone company that cable has gotten faster than 8mb).. But, on just about EVERY package and bundle they're pushing on their own services page(s) they're pushing only 10mb. REAL ground breaking for a fiber network.. **fail**

This is cincybell at its finest.. They sucked ass at DSL for so long and now they have a bit of fiber rolling out and they're only trying to push it just a little bit beyond cable.. If the customer can't see this, then they deserve what they get.

bzornes
join:2005-05-26
Bethel, OH

bzornes

The highest speed Time Warner offers through bundles by default is 7 Mb/s. You can't explain that!
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

And I think you missed the point, entirely.

What good exactly is a fiber service when all you're going to do is take what is essentially a canal for data and put a garden-hose sized amount of water through it? ... and then brag that it's wonderful?

TWC in Cincy may be running a little slower than the rest of their systems, but TWC certainly offers faster than 7mb internet service. So again, what's left over? ... Bell is doing EXACTLY what everyone here bitches that cable does all the time.. ie: tilting the scale slightly in the favor.

Also, it's clear that CBell isn't ready for prime time, either. You can ALWAYS tell this when they won't put their information out there for everyone to see UNLESS you can produce an address that's in their fiber service area. There is NOTHING more annoying that having to dig to find data.

qbunnie
@ohio-state.edu

qbunnie to kdoggmdf

Anon

to kdoggmdf
Where did you find this information? I don't see it anywhere other than this post, and it's not on TWC's website as of March 10th...

neuronbob
Cavs NBA Champs 2016
join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH

neuronbob to sonicmerlin

to sonicmerlin
I'm waiting for this too. Even though I'm in the Cleveland 'burbs, I STILL can't get DSL and AT&T has pretty much abandoned upgrades in my neighborhood. Fiber? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've had TWC exclusively for brandband service for ten years.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

I remember when we used to have Cablevision. Then they sold their area here to Time Warner, and a few years later I looked up Cablevision's website and saw all their customers had a "basic" tier of 15/2 and a higher tier of 30/5. They were pretty much the only company to upgrade to DOCSIS 2.0. Sigh...