uniqs
rifleman69
join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR

rifleman69 to MEohME

to MEohME

Re: So?

said by MEohME :

its actually cheaper for them doing it this way. and Frontier won't fail. They can still use the FTTH network for phone and Internet. Which would be great. Getting rid of a service that costs are out of control would be smart for a company their size and with as much debt.

Well they can most certainly use the FTTH network for phone and internet, but if disgruntled customers transfer all three services (or two if they don't have phone) to Comcast or someone else, how does that exactly help out Frontier again?

Believe me, it will happen in FiOS territories owned by Frontier.
sjc10
join:2011-04-13
Seattle, WA

sjc10

I'm in Seattle, Washington and I have Frontier FIOS tv and internet. Tried to transfer my service next door and they told me I had to pay $500 to move it next door. If not they told me they can bundle me with DirectTV and internet. I hate satellite t.v. so I said no way. I also happen to be on a contract with them so I have a $270 early term fee. So I told them to disconnect everything all together. The rep then told me it costs FIOS $6000.00 to move/install FIOS service, really???? I am most definitely going to Comcast now. It's blackmail, how can this be legal?? I don't see how they can charge me the early term fee if they won't provide me with the service I originally signed the contract for? Then charge me $270 because I won't pay $500 to keep their service????