I Am My Own God
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Grotto

EvilByDesire to wolfsmane

Premium Member

to wolfsmane

Re: Atlantic Broaband MegaMax 16mb service

heres my latest test, my connection is fine and i get max speed when downloading after midnight and before 4pm in the afternoon, but right around 5pm EVERY day, my connection takes a nose dive, i cant even play xbox because it causes me to redbar in halo and call of duty in the middle of the afternoon

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3609 kbps (451.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1620 kbps (202.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Monday, March 07, 2011 7:19:44 PM

Ive had atleast 8 techs at my house in the last year and a half to fix this, its a ON going issue that hasn't ever been fixed, and if the dsl around here wasnt only 3Mb/256K, i would switch..
wolfsmane
join:2003-05-01
Aiken, SC

wolfsmane

The fastest mine gets is around 9mb, early in the morning.

Have your techs come to any conclusion as to why such poor performance?

I haven't canceled my DSL yet, because if this doesn't change, I'll be dropping ABB like a hot potato!
wolfsmane

wolfsmane

EvilByDesire
I Am My Own God
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Grotto

EvilByDesire to wolfsmane

Premium Member

to wolfsmane
said by wolfsmane:

The fastest mine gets is around 9mb, early in the morning.

Have your techs come to any conclusion as to why such poor performance?

I haven't canceled my DSL yet, because if this doesn't change, I'll be dropping ABB like a hot potato!

from what i remember i was told a node was bad in my area, and at the end of my street there was a birds nest that was messing with the wires on the pole, that was in early to mid 2010, 3 techs came to my house with there laptops and witnessed the speed issues for them selfs and nothing that they have done have fixed it..
wolfsmane
join:2003-05-01
Aiken, SC

wolfsmane

This morning at 5:30a.m.