Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
reply to ProtusMose

Re: Help me create a setup for a RL game

yeah, but I don't know any of the kid's names... I would have to go buy name tags too!
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

Days/Night phases go by quickly. As you thin the herd, the game moves quick. Very quick. We played IRL with about 25 people and the whole thing was done in under 30 minutes. 1 cop, 1 doc and 2 mafia.

only 2 mafia for 25 players?
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Dezbend
The clap method would probably work.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to Dezbend
You wouldn't have to physically match them up. You, or whoever's running it, assigned the roles (unless you're drawing cards) so you know Billy's the doc. Just keep a sheet handy with names and roles.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Dezbend
Also my wife is making me get a hair cut today and shave before I go up there.

I think she said something like "they don't need to know everything about being a gamer yet."
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to Dezbend
can I mod two games at the same time?

hmm... explain the rules... use only goons, vanilla, cop, and doc. alternate night/day with the two different groups.

That is my plan.

I am going to create the world's worst group of mafia players.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I doubt it. We are already here.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
vote: therul

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria

1 recommendation

reply to Dezbend
I can't believe I called this on Facebook. I haven't seen this thread until right now. I'm awesome.

Agree with clapping/footstomping and generic roles. You could run one game with half the kids, and then another one with the other half. Just make them short C9 games. Or get two more mods to help. Or have 2 kids play mods. Something like that.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
reply to Dezbend
What is the clapping/stomping supposed to signify? What's its purpose?

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
just to distract them during night... if they here the person next to them moving around when I ask the mafia to point to someone they will know the person they are sitting by is a baddie.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Dezbend
ok, track season has started and a lot of kids quit board game club. So there were 20 there, and 4 wanted to play settler's of catan... so that left me 16.

I decided to go ahead with 1 group. Game one had 4 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, and the rest towny... 1 mafia had to leave... town won

one person came late and replaced the person who had to leave.

Game two I introduced the traitor role and did 3 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, the rest townies... mafia won this one... it did come down to LoL

another kid joined

Game three I introduced a vigilante (who killed 2 mafia), and a mason group, 4 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc and the rest town... we had 17 play that game. It came down to LoL again with only 3 remaining and the town won.

The kids were a little crazy... I would have preferred less kids to teach, but I think they had fun.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games